Page 93 of 344 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 5148
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Are we sure it only happens in elseworlds stories?
    More often than in the mainline, but it's a problem here too.

But hey, she got to stomp on Batman once here and Superman once in Elseworlds, so wherever she gets to stomp some World's Finest ass next gets to reign supreme.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Sigh, of course Taylor's gotta pair her off with a Superman character

At least Morrison gave us what we deserved
    I'm fine with them hooking up, but I don't see why Diana would be romantically interested in Artemis

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Why all the invisible text on the last couple of pages? Were we spoiling something that has already come out?

apparently its a discussion about an alt world Wonder Woman in 'Knights of Steel' which is an elseworld miniseries where the premise is the El family immigrated to a fantasy style Earth
    Very game of thrones from what im hearing

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Why all the invisible text on the last couple of pages? Were we spoiling something that has already come out?
    Yes. Or it comes out tomorrow.

I'd also rather Diana be paired with someone from her own corner of the DCU, but it's Taylor and an Elseworlds tale so it's ultimately harmless. It does add some representation, especially for Diana since she's a queer character without many showings of queer love/sexual interest. Not that this Elseworlds tale changes the lack of that within the mainline DCU, but like I'm a Fish said, maybe this can lead to her having girlfriends (yes, plural. I don't really think Diana would subscribe to monogamy/monoamory) in her own books.

Extraordinary Member

Believe WW is still under the Superman group from an editorial perspective as Mike Cotton was listed as the Senior Editor on the latest issues of Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl and Nubia and the Amazons - Paul Kaminsi is the new Senior Editor in charge of the Superman group.

Though he's currently moving over from the bat office Kaminski was previously in the Superman group when Berganza and then Rich were running it and has worked on WW before: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:.../Editor?from=W

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Believe WW is still under the Superman group from an editorial perspective as Mike Cotton was listed as the Senior Editor on the latest issues of Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl and Nubia and the Amazons - Paul Kaminsi is the new Senior Editor in charge of the Superman group.

Though he's currently moving over from the bat office Kaminski was previously in the Superman group when Berganza and then Rich were running it and has worked on WW before: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:.../Editor?from=W
    So we are still in the mess of batman and superman editors. Sigh

I hope one day Diana gets her own editorial office

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He says he couldn't accept to write Nightwing because he couldn't get into the mindset of the character. But what makes him think he gets Diana's mindset right? So far his writing on WW hasn't been very strong. And he focuses too much in a WW that depends on weapons and tends to be too much like a generic warrior. He isn't terrible. But his overall writing for Diana doesn't have enough depth in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

He says he couldn't accept to write Nightwing because he couldn't get into the mindset of the character. But what makes him think he gets Diana's mindset right? So far his writing on WW hasn't been very strong. And he focuses too much in a WW that depends on weapons and tends to be too much like a generic warrior. He isn't terrible. But his overall writing for Diana doesn't have enough depth in my opinion.
    He couldn't get into the mindset of writing Firestorm - Nightwing he has an open invitation from DC to write whenever he frees up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    He couldn't get into the mindset of writing Firestorm - Nightwing he has an open invitation from DC to write whenever he frees up.
    Oh. I misunderstood. Thanks.

Hmm, of all the golden boys who've written Diana the past decade (Johns, King, Taylor, Tomasi, etc) his writing on her has never been particularly egregious but he's also clearly more comfortable in the Warrior Woman sphere.

Tynion was his protege (irrc) and he wrote her good in JLD, so maybe that'd be a good sign.

Though with his creator-owned projects, I don't think this would happen for a long while.

That was Firestorm he was talking about.

Extraordinary Member

Tynion was his protege (irrc) and he wrote her good in JLD, so maybe that'd be a good sign.
    Bennett was too though I think she only wrote WW in the bombshells stuff?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm sure you do, Scott, but Death Metal convinced me he's got no real interest in Diana other than set dressing and generic warrior motifs.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.