Page 60 of 345 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Not a chance. There is no way they will replace Diana. First, she is immortal, and second Wonder Woman is Greek. That's representation. Her 2017 film had such a cultural impact. Plus her live-action appearance is relatively new compared to Batman and Superman. If they do make a new trilogy I want :
    1. Diana and the Amazons to be portrayed by Greek actresses
    2. Speak Ancient Greek in the movies
    3. Wonder Woman's villains and supporting cast to appear and have prominent roles.
    She’s had multiple cultural impacts, hasn't stopped WB from being hesitant with her IP.

Really hoping her movies are the game changer, though.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

The Amazons aren't from Greek society anyway. They were the Greeks idea of the 'other'. The real life women who inspired the Amazons were said to be the Scythians, a nomadic tribe who lived in what is now modern day Ukraine and were said to be of Iranian descent. In their culture, both men and women were trained in how to fight, archery and horse riding. This freaked out the ancient greeks who didn't see women as anything better than baby ovens and it challenged their perception of gender roles. An 'accurate' depiction of Amazons would have them look closer to someone of Persian descent.

Also the Amazons speak a dialect of ancient Greek that's not spoken today. It would be one hell of a feat to try and replicate that for live action or animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah what if the next WW movie doesn’t star Diana though?
    It probably will.

Though it's possible that she will pass on the mantle to Yara or Nubia in it. They can always close out the trilogy with Diana returning to Themysicra knowing that someone else is around to protect the world.

Scythians also had tattoo's

Tat up those Amazon's DC, I dare yah!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Amazons aren't from Greek society anyway. They were the Greeks idea of the 'other'. The real life women who inspired the Amazons were said to be the Scythians, a nomadic tribe who lived in what is now modern day Ukraine and were said to be of Iranian descent. In their culture, both men and women were trained in how to fight, archery and horse riding. This freaked out the ancient greeks who didn't see women as anything better than baby ovens and it challenged their perception of gender roles. An 'accurate' depiction of Amazons would have them look closer to someone of Persian descent.

Also the Amazons speak a dialect of ancient Greek that's not spoken today. It would be one hell of a feat to try and replicate that for live action or animation.

It probably will.

Though it's possible that she will pass on the mantle to Yara or Nubia in it. They can always close out the trilogy with Diana returning to Themysicra knowing that someone else is around to protect the world.
    I adore Nubia, and I want to see her trive and shine in comics and live action, while Yara is an utterly meh character that doesn't do anything for me, BUT...I think that Diana as a movie property, needs to be well established in pop culture before they have her passing the mantle or whatnot. I mean, the three biggest male superhero icons (Superman, Spider-Man, and Batman) have had at least 6 movies a piece so far. Can Hollywood please give Diana the same "courtesy" before they start calling other people "Wonder Woman"?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Having just seen Shang-Chi, they really need to up the fantasy level of the next WW movie and any WW movie going forward.

I dont know why they always have her sword on her hip. It seems awkward.

I could see them doing Nubia but I'd be annoyed and think it wouldnt be the smartest decision. Only because Diana in live action still so new compared to the likes of Superman and Batman.
    I don't see how Shang Chi is any more or less fantastical than the Wonder Woman movies we've had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I adore Nubia, and I want to see her trive and shine in comics and live action, while Yara is an utterly meh character that doesn't do anything for me, BUT...I think that Diana as a movie property, needs to be well established in pop culture before they have her passing the mantle or whatnot. I mean, the three biggest male superhero icons (Superman, Spider-Man, and Batman) have had at least 6 movies a piece so far. Can Hollywood please give Diana the same "courtesy" before they start calling other people "Wonder Woman"?
    Its DC. It's a fair bet they won't.

I will not be surprised if they retired Diana and had Yara or Nubia take over.

Lee/Daniel have said that they are focusing on building up new characters for DC as well.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Its DC. It's a fair bet they won't.

I will not be surprised if they retired Diana and had Yara or Nubia take over.

Lee/Daniel have said that they are focusing on building up new characters for DC as well.
    It is a fair bet they won't because she is not Superman or Batman.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

So looking back on old JL cartoon clips, WW saved a little blonde haired girl from a falling tree named Cassie. Do you think it could be a nod to Wonder Girl, or just a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    So looking back on old JL cartoon clips, WW saved a little blonde haired girl from a falling tree named Cassie. Do you think it could be a nod to Wonder Girl, or just a coincidence?
    Would be an interesting coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I think it was intentional.

Incredible Member

This Nicole Kidman AMC commercial features a clip from the 1st Wonder Woman film. Wonder Woman is also the very first film featured even before a few Oscar-nominated and winning films.

The impact of Wonder Woman!

Extraordinary Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

This Nicole Kidman AMC commercial features a clip from the 1st Wonder Woman film. Wonder Woman is also the very first film featured even before a few Oscar-nominated and winning films.

The impact of Wonder Woman!
    It's a good thing they didn't show WW84!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Really??? For ****'s sake. Although it's J.M DeMatteis who I usually enjoy :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Really??? For ****'s sake. Although it's J.M DeMatteis who I usually enjoy :/
    I'm vaguely interested going off the solicit of the issue. DeMatteis hasn't written Diana much but he did the Red Son adaptation, which wisely re-wrote WW's role in the story, and did "Gods of Gotham" with Jimenez. So he has a better track record than most non-WW writers do with Diana.