Page 328 of 346 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 5178

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    At least in Apokolips War they managed to wake her back up and she then soloed the other Furies.

Incredible Member

Could be worse. Image a Diana that hit her mom.

Low blow I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Could be worse. Image a Diana that hit her mom.

Low blow I know.
    Reading King's giving whiplash going from "hell yeah" to ''hell no'' depending on the issue or even scene.

Btw, seems like Gail Simone (ComixGail) is back at cbr, so, if she's reading this thread: I love your run! Was so lucky to get an omnibus and I'll certainly going to keep it on my shelves until the day of my death, lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    Superman has been jobbing alot too. BatmanÂ’s previous books under King and Tyson had him OOC and got his ass kicked alot. In Detective run, Batman is always being tortured, possessed, or taking a L. Wonder Woman never had her spine ripped out or pissed herself like Batman which is as disrespectful as you can get. Batman and Superman get higher moments, but their lows are the absolute worst.
    That “iconic” moment became a running gag and has been parodied in mainstream media for years.
    You should read Killing Time. Batman was worfed by Tom KingÂ’s OC, The Help, who he couldnÂ’t even touch. And had Catwoman in the same story manage to get a good hit on the guy.
    Yet they get far more humiliating moments in exchange.
    You are trolling, right? This type of argument is often bad enough already with characters like Green Lantern or Flash, but with Batman and Superman it just becomes a complete joke:

, and that are just 3 of a huge number of moments that even specifically involve Batman and Superman, and here is a little reminder of what DC was apparently considering to be Wonder Woman's "Knightfall" moment:

"I pitched this to DC for a laugh years back. The idea was that, like Death of Superman, we had Rape of Wonder Woman; a twenty-two page rape scene that opened up into a gatefold at the end just like Superman did."

The comic's idea surfaced around 1993, the year of the mentioned Death of Superman arc and as well as the Batman arc "Knightfall" where the Caped Crusader got his spine broken by Bane and is forced to give the cape and cowl to Jean-Paul Valley, who would later become the violent Azrael. Despite Millar saying that the story was just a joke he had made, he mentioned the fact that DC Comics was actually considering publishing the story and already had an artist draw a sketch for the comic's first page.

This was meant to be DC's way of exploring a state of weakness to Wonder Woman in a similar vein to the Superman and Batman arcs; this comic would have served as a way to show a more aggressive Wonder Woman after suffering such acts in a similar way to the other arcs. However, the increase of rape allegations in the media and a lot of complaints in both DC's writing and art departments lead to the comic's quick cancellation
    Last edited by Rightoya; 03-04-2024 at 06:24 AM.

Amazing Member

That’s nowhere near as bad as being implied to get raped by Russians (which was published) or having your spine ripped out and used as a weapon.

You known, in a game of "who has is worse" everyone looses.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Fantastic Member

That’s nowhere near as bad as being implied to get raped by Russians (which was published) or having your spine ripped out and used as a weapon.
    I'm not commenting on the rape one because I have no idea about that, but the spine one isn't anything wrong with. It is just edgy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    I'm not commenting on the rape one because I have no idea about that, but the spine one isn't anything wrong with. It is just edgy.
    Superman was powerless and got trapped in a camp for months implying he got raped by Russians. DC published this.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah all these games of misery poker do is just increase character tribalism.

It helps no one.

Superman was powerless and got trapped in a camp for months implying he got raped by Russians. DC published this.
    Specifically thats from issue 1 of the Superman: Red and Blue anthology, story is written by John Ridley.

Pretty sure DC didn’t intend for you to think Superman had been raped, especially considering that anthology as a whole is light kiddie fare which is mostly about Supes helping or being helped by a random civilian. Yet it’s open enough that you could take it that way and so people did, which means that the anthology series mainly focused on wholesome stories is only remembered as the series where Superman might have been raped. Crazy stuff.

Oh and that Mark Millar storyline was never seriously considered apparently, Millar tends to over exaggerate his own importance.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

That’s nowhere near as bad as being implied to get raped by Russians (which was published)
    A 22 pages rape of Wonder Woman event idea is nowhere as bad as a Killing Joke-like open-ended implication that Superman just mentioned in an obscure comic retconning a classic story, are you ok

or having your spine ripped out and used as a weapon.
    How is that any worse than the example where Superman strangles Wonder Woman with her own lasso for example, it is even so edgy and over the top that it seems less serious to be honest?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wonder Woman effortlesly wins if you compare her to Batman and Superman of all DC characters, or badly loses if we go with what winning this contest actually means

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh and that Mark Millar storyline was never seriously considered apparently, Millar tends to over exaggerate his own importance.
    Has anyone at DC ever denied it or talked about that? Because what i find the least believable about that story is that Mark Millar allegedly just meant it as a joke to be honest, especially considering what Alan Moore said about the DC Editorioal from just a few years earlier regarding Barbara Gordon in the Killing Joke for example, or what other people said about the toxic culture at DC during Identity Crisis several years later as another example, let alone people like Eddy Berganza.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    A 22 pages rape of Wonder Woman event idea is nowhere as bad as a Killing Joke-like open-ended implication that Superman just mentioned in an obscure comic retconning a classic story, are you ok :confused
    The difference is that one got offically published and the other was just an idea that never came to fruitation.

How is that any worse than the example where Superman strangles Wonder Woman with her own lasso for example, it is even so edgy and over the top that it seems less serious to be honest?
    Because he got a hole struck through his chest and his own body parts was used as a weapon. That is worse.

Has Marjorie Liu ever expressed interest in writing for Wonder Woman?

Reading King's giving whiplash going from "hell yeah" to ''hell no'' depending on the issue or even scene.
    His Batman run was the exact same. Never read a middling King work, either I love him and what he writes or it’s absolutely awful. Luckily for me personally I tend to enjoy his work, only a few exceptions.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/