Page 77 of 341 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 5110
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Lastly, I question if Gal would really move on after WW3. I can see Patty moving on, but Wonder Woman is still the bread and butter of Gal's career. I wouldn't be shocked if she does a 4th- similar to Hemsworth and Thor. Gal is the action heroine right now, and I can't imagine her wanting to so easily give up the biggest action heroine role of our times. WB/DC may also give her more money and even power - she's already was a producer for WW84 - for the 4th installment.
    Gal has spoken about wanting to take time off of WW and the appeal of working with Patty who is definitely moving on after WW3. I see her moving on ala Scarlett as she's had a steady stream of jobs outside of WW.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Gal has spoken about wanting to take time off of WW and the appeal of working with Patty who is definitely moving on after WW3. I see her moving on ala Scarlett as she's had a steady stream of jobs outside of WW.
    I sincerely hope she reconsiders. I would love a 4th with Gal.

I actually came to post this. Wonder Woman: Flight of Courage This is another way DC is committing to Wonder Woman. She is getting her own ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The article has details.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I sincerely hope she reconsiders. I would love a 4th with Gal.

I actually came to post this. Wonder Woman: Flight of Courage This is another way DC is committing to Wonder Woman. She is getting her own ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The article has details.
    DC really likes to use the WW image and where it will cost them the least amount of money. Its nice to get her out there but ....

Yeah, when it comes to WB and WW, expect the bar to be low.

We are lucky that the current comic book side has people who care about the character. But the company as a whole, as it is right now, doesn't care about non-Sup/Bat characters in a meaningful way.
    Last edited by John Venus; 10-23-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    DC really likes to use the WW image and where it will cost them the least amount of money. Its nice to get her out there but ....
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, when it comes to WB and WW, expect the bar to be low.

We are lucky that the current comic book side has people who care about the current. But the company as a whole, as it is right now, doesn't care about non-Sup/Bat characters in a meaningful way.
    I very much disagree with these sentiments. The article states, "And by the time it opens, Magic Mountain’s DC Universe area will also have undergone some remodeling of its own, with plans for a “new, innovative restaurant and bar experience” along with new retail locations that sell exclusive DC merchandise." This ride is also partly to launch the revamped DC Universe area and the additional services there.

Also, the article states, "It also sounds like the designers are putting an equal amount of effort into the look of the ride’s entrance and queue, which will feature Greek architecture and tropical landscapes modeled after Diana’s home of Themyscira. Visitors can also expect plenty of “dives, banks, rolls, and turns” befitting its namesake superhero." This does not sound like a cheap or thrown-together project. It seems they are genuinely taking into account Diana's world and making this ride a mini-attraction all its own.

Additionally, the article states, "With 3,300 feet of track that reaches heights of up to 13 stories, Flight of Courage will also be the tallest and longest single-rail coaster in the world." This means this ride will be a must for anyone who deems themselves a thrill seeker.

Lastly, this is part of the WW80th celebration as the article states, "n honor of the Amazon warrior’s 80th anniversary, the park is adding a new Wonder Woman-themed roller coaster to its growing roster of DC attractions in the summer of 2022."

This is a commitment to the Wonder Woman brand and legacy. If they didn't care about her, they could have kept the previous Green Lantern ride which was closed in 2017 but kept the branding. They also could have branded this Batman, Superman, Harley Quinn or Suicide Squad. Nothing about this seems cheap, or not meaningful, or low bar.

I'm glad that the ride exists and there will be people who enjoy them. Which I'm glad.

However, my primary interest are in stories and seeing those stories reach as wide an audience as possible.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I very much disagree with these sentiments. The article states, "And by the time it opens, Magic Mountain’s DC Universe area will also have undergone some remodeling of its own, with plans for a “new, innovative restaurant and bar experience” along with new retail locations that sell exclusive DC merchandise." This ride is also partly to launch the revamped DC Universe area and the additional services there.

Also, the article states, "It also sounds like the designers are putting an equal amount of effort into the look of the ride’s entrance and queue, which will feature Greek architecture and tropical landscapes modeled after Diana’s home of Themyscira. Visitors can also expect plenty of “dives, banks, rolls, and turns” befitting its namesake superhero." This does not sound like a cheap or thrown-together project. It seems they are genuinely taking into account Diana's world and making this ride a mini-attraction all its own.

Additionally, the article states, "With 3,300 feet of track that reaches heights of up to 13 stories, Flight of Courage will also be the tallest and longest single-rail coaster in the world." This means this ride will be a must for anyone who deems themselves a thrill seeker.

Lastly, this is part of the WW80th celebration as the article states, "n honor of the Amazon warrior’s 80th anniversary, the park is adding a new Wonder Woman-themed roller coaster to its growing roster of DC attractions in the summer of 2022."

This is a commitment to the Wonder Woman brand and legacy. If they didn't care about her, they could have kept the previous Green Lantern ride which was closed in 2017 but kept the branding. They also could have branded this Batman, Superman, Harley Quinn or Suicide Squad. Nothing about this seems cheap, or not meaningful, or low bar.
    Tv shows, movies and videogames are the most important things when it comes to reaching big audiences and making the most amount of money. DC and WB still show no sign of putting effort into those fields when it comes to WW. Only WW3 is comfirmed. The rest is literally 0 effort and we are in her 80th anniversary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Tv shows, movies and videogames are the most important things when it comes to reaching big audiences and making the most amount of money. DC and WB still show no sign of putting effort into those fields when it comes to WW. Only WW3 is comfirmed. The rest is literally 0 effort and we are in her 80th anniversary.
    The last Wonder Woman movie is literally less than a year old. We also have been informed multiple times a third is coming after Patty Jenkins finished Star Wars. The 80th Anniversary is filled with all types of partnerships that hit all types of demographics that I've posted about several times. It is literally more than 0 effort.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

The last Wonder Woman movie is literally less than a year old. We also have been informed multiple times a third is coming after Patty Jenkins finished Star Wars. The 80th Anniversary is filled with all types of partnerships that hit all types of demographics that I've posted about several times. It is literally more than 0 effort.
    In her 80th anniversary SM and BM get new shows. She still has 0 animated shows. No solo videogame after 80 years. Only 2 animated movies and 2 live action in 80 years. And let's see how much respect she will actually get in the comics from now on. I won't hold my breath.

Over in the Superman forum, there's a thread about Superman's leadership style, and Vordan posted this chart:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It got me thinking where Diana might fit on it. Personally, I think she Affiliative best describes her, though she has elements of Visionary.

I saw that too. "Coaching" struck me as Wonder Woman the most but "Affiliative" could also apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I saw that too. "Coaching" struck me as Wonder Woman the most but "Affiliative" could also apply.
    Affiliative is how I see Diana starting out but I do think Coaching makes sense as what her style ends up becoming in the long run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Coaching: Golden Age Diana

Visionary: Post Crisis Diana

Democratic: Rebirth + Post Infinite Frontier Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Affiliative is how I see Diana starting out but I do think Coaching makes sense as what her style ends up becoming in the long run.
    Seems a bit of overlap but both fit fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    In her 80th anniversary SM and BM get new shows. She still has 0 animated shows. No solo videogame after 80 years. Only 2 animated movies and 2 live action in 80 years. And let's see how much respect she will actually get in the comics from now on. I won't hold my breath.
    You all are getting on my nerves with all the nagativity. The glass is always half empty. Forget it's mouth, any gift horse we're presented with will get thoroughly examined, re-examined and generally found lacking. As a life long Wonder Woman fan I get it, we're used to receiving the short end of the stick and complaining about it. But as a group, can we ever be happy about anything? GEESH!