Page 326 of 345 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5163

Hope that Jurassic League animated movie gets made, despite my problems with Dead Earth I thought DWJ did a great job with Dino Wondy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I've had my fun/rants against Taylor but I haven't paid attention to anything he's actually written in two years. It's just mentally healthier.
    Been doing my best to follow that advice myself. Least Taylor will probably never write the WW book, but it’s likely he’s going to get one of the Superbooks at some point . Honestly I’d rather he just do his Injustice series where I can ignore him rather than having him on the mainline. Better for him and for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sampere nicely carving himself a place in great Wonder Woman artists.

He, Jorge Jimenez, Rafa Sandoval, and Dan Mora (I know you don’t like him but I think you’d agree that regardless of personal taste he’s an “A-List” artist in terms of sales appeal) are the new guard who are defining the look of DC in the wake of the previous icons (Reis, Mahkne, Fabok, Janin) all leaving DC or doing side books.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan of Zdarsky's handling of "Batman's contingincy for himself".

Like say what you will about Tower of Babel, at least those anti-JL plans were consistently similar.

Here though Zdarsky made Failsafe an invincible God robot who can solo the DC universe. Its supposed to be a "deconstruction" over how Batman's over-preparedness and Batgod backfired on him with disastrous consequences, but honestly whatever intended metacommentary is rendered the book is just going unironic Batgod and falling into all the exact traps its supposedly criticizing.

Seriously Failsafe defeats Superman the second time by "attacking him with Kryptonian pressure points Superman never knew about". Yes Failsafe knows more about Superman's biology than Superman himself, its all incredibly contrived. I mean we criticize Sovereign for being a a bit of an obnoxious new character, but at least Sovy is getting defeats and admitting when things don't go his plan.

But Failsafe and Zur are infuriatingly invincible, everything constantly going exactly as they planned and with minimal effort. Its why I can Failsafe a God robot, cause the way its written has it immediately stomping everyone no effort like a shitty creator's pet.
    This is sort of why I stopped taking Batman seriously in the comics. The writers editors don’t care much about good stories but rather treat everything and everyone like a joke. Chip admitted to doing BatGod on purpose. And he personally doesn’t like Superman either. This is why I primarily focus on the content unrelated to comic books. I heard they only print them for copyright reasons not for true IP managements. I see it more like wattpad stores than anything that actually matters for the characters.

Extraordinary Member

More stuff from that untitled OGN by Sylvain Runberg/Miko Montllo that I'm still not 100% convinced is real:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu7WxjittFP/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu9J5fdNXdn/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    That “iconic” moment became a running gag and has been parodied in mainstream media for years.
    You should read Killing Time. Batman was worfed by Tom King’s OC, The Help, who he couldn’t even touch. And had Catwoman in the same story manage to get a good hit on the guy.
    Compared to WW. batman and superman are treated as royalty.

Amazing Member

Yet they get far more humiliating moments in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He, Jorge Jimenez, Rafa Sandoval, and Dan Mora (I know you don’t like him but I think you’d agree that regardless of personal taste he’s an “A-List” artist in terms of sales appeal) are the new guard who are defining the look of DC in the wake of the previous icons (Reis, Mahkne, Fabok, Janin) all leaving DC or doing side books.
    Yeah obviously, just a similar situation to Lee. He's great obviously but just not for me.
    Hope that Jurassic League animated movie gets made, despite my problems with Dead Earth I thought DWJ did a great job with Dino Wondy.

Been doing my best to follow that advice myself. Least Taylor will probably never write the WW book, but it’s likely he’s going to get one of the Superbooks at some point . Honestly I’d rather he just do his Injustice series where I can ignore him rather than having him on the mainline. Better for him and for me.
    Honestly, while I'd want to keep the same type of Dinosaurs I also wouldn't mind doing their own take on the premise of "Justice League if they were dinosaurs" since it was ultimately just a standard "JL's first meeting" story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    More stuff from that untitled OGN by Sylvain Runberg/Miko Montllo that I'm still not 100% convinced is real:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu7WxjittFP/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu9J5fdNXdn/

So this is from like a pitch?

Jimenez - Most of his Circe designs (though I wonder if that was supposed to be intentional), Artemis civie design
    Jimenez's Circe was intentionally camp and that's why she's my favorite.

There was a Variety article that came out a few days ago about how Zaslav is hemorrhaging money greenlighting expensive projects and making big star deals because he's prepping WB for sale and doesn't actually plan on paying for any of it. And we already know how seriously he takes his deals with talent because his signature move is deleting finished films for tax write-offs.

I know it's based on an existing comic, but "dinosaur superhero movie written by the guy who wrote Minions" reads like a pitch an exec would make up by pulling a bunch of random things kids like out of a hat. Very obviously a carrot for potential buyers, extremely unlikely to ever see the light of day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So this is from like a pitch?
    No, supposedly its an approved OGN that will be coming out in 2024 - just a little weird that the creators announced it themselves on instagram in 2021 and we haven't heard anything "official" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    No, supposedly its an approved OGN that will be coming out in 2024 - just a little weird that the creators announced it themselves on instagram in 2021 and we haven't heard anything "official" about it.
    Yeah, that is pretty weird. We still have GN's announced last year that still have to come out in this one.

Sorry if this was shared already RIP to Ramona Fradon.

IMG_6460.jpg

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    Yet they get far more humiliating moments in exchange.
    I don't see them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    I don't see them.
    Did you not see what happened to Superman in Red and Blue and Batman in Fortunate Son?
    When did that happen to Wonder Woman?