Page 76 of 342 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 5117
    Incredible Member

Regarding snapping necks, I am reminded of the English practice for public executions
    that those from the nobility had the right to have their heads chopped off, while common
    criminals got what was considered the more bloody death of hanging. It was considered
    more merciful to have a sharp chop.

Diana is the product of a warrior culture, so her killing would not bother me. I don't have
    a belief that there is any honor in warfare it is simply killing, often in our society mechanized killing.
    Diana's values often speak to peace, crafting an ethical society, but she is no pacifist.
    If pushed she could kill. But I have a hard time thinking of her as someone who takes a ruthless
    enjoyment out of the taking of human life.

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Such a shame that DC hasnt had a line of WW things lined up. New animated show, new solo DTV, tv show. 20 years away from the big 100 and she still behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Such a shame that DC hasnt had a line of WW things lined up. New animated show, new solo DTV, tv show. 20 years away from the big 100 and she still behind.
    No, you see we're supposed to be happy that Superman and Batman are currently getting their millionth new shows each along with a multitude of new projects across multimedia while WW got a "not completely terrible" representation in the Injustice Batman/Superman centric animated movie.

They're too busy launching a toy-line for Batman's car with a cartoon to accompany it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No, you see we're supposed to be happy that Superman and Batman are currently getting their millionth new shows each along with a multitude of new projects across multimedia while WW got a "not completely terrible" representation in the Injustice Batman/Superman centric animated movie.
    You forgot the part where they steal her characters and put them in Batman-adjacent media instead of just making Wonder Woman media. (Damn, do I sound like a salty internet personality tonight) Don't take me too seriously, lol.

-

Jokes aside. I'm not asking for anything show to get canceled or skipped to get more Wonder Woman content. It's not an either/or situation and never was, since a company as big as WB has the money to make all these shows/movies possible at the same time. Though to be honest, I'm really not expecting any progression until after Wonder Woman 3.

But at the end of the day, I would rather wait for something high-quality than a half-assed projected some execs spat out to fill a time-stamp on CN or CW or something (2010 pilot flashbacks).

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm scared to see what happens after WW3 tbh.

Either Gal signs on to a WW4, or they reboot and likely do Nubia (which dont get me wrong, Im cool with Nubia but with WW so early into her live action adaption I rather Diana keep up the WW mantle), or they practically shelve her for close to a decade before rebooting WW.

Either Gal signs on to a WW4, or they reboot and likely do Nubia (which dont get me wrong, Im cool with Nubia but with WW so early into her live action adaption I rather Diana keep up the WW mantle), or they practically shelve her for close to a decade before rebooting WW.
    Or Nubia can be Wonder Woman on the big screen after WW3 and WB can make a live action and/or cartoon Wonder Woman show featuring Diana, and then we will be in fan heaven for several years. (Let me dream )

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    They're too busy launching a toy-line for Batman's car with a cartoon to accompany it.

You forgot the part where they steal her characters and put them in Batman-adjacent media instead of just making Wonder Woman media. (Damn, do I sound like a salty internet personality tonight) Don't take me too seriously, lol.

-

Jokes aside. I'm not asking for anything show to get canceled or skipped to get more Wonder Woman content. It's not an either/or situation and never was, since a company as big as WB has the money to make all these shows/movies possible at the same time. Though to be honest, I'm really not expecting any progression until after Wonder Woman 3.

But at the end of the day, I would rather wait for something high-quality than a half-assed projected some execs spat out to fill a time-stamp on CN or CW or something (2010 pilot flashbacks).
    Oh, I know. It's all fiction at the end of the day but what's the use of being a comic fan if I can't be salty at certain times.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Nubia in film and Diana in WWTAS is the best case scenario post WW3
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Oh, I know. It's all fiction at the end of the day but what's the use of being a comic fan if I can't be salty at certain times.
    The salt provided by fans is the spice melange of the internet (Dune reference).

Plus I mean, yeah being salty is definitely fun in increments, lol.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-21-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Is Wonder Woman Earth one vol 3 still happening ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It came out in March.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    No.

It already happened.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm not certain how I would want her to kill him, but in a way that is at least still heroic. Snapping someone's neck is not a heroic way to kill a person. In the Wonder Woman film, Diana kills a lot of people in battle, with a bow and arrow and a sword from memory. She also kills Ares via lightning. All these are in battle where the person at least has a fighting chance. Snapping someone's neck and slitting someone's throat are just not heroic ways to kill a person. Especially thinking of the context of Diana/Max, he's wrapped and subdued in the lasso, he's on his knees - a submissive position - and he's in no way a physical match or threat for Diana. While I understand the context, the visual image also makes it easy to take it out of context and portray Diana as a "by any means necessary" combatant.
    She could cut his neck clean off. :P But there is a reason why even chopping heads stopped being a thing. Partly because the person is alive for a few moments after their head is separated from the body.

The most humane way is probably lethal injection but in that particular scenario, there is no way for Diana to poison him and drowning would be even worse. Neither would throwing him at super speed to concrete or at the sun be feasible..

Given the situation neck snapping was her best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That and that panel from Johns JL where she says she does not have as many Rogues as Bats or Supes because she kills them.
    Most pathetic and laziest excuse for not developing her Rogues. And people just eat that **** up like it's candy.

After WW3, Gal moves on. Nubia takes over but her movie ends up in production hell for several years. Then we get a Nubia movie that's either really good or really bad. Then something spooks WB so they don't do any sequels (just like how they're not doing sequels on the Harry Potter spin off movies).

Diana appears in JL ensemble animated movies, maybe gets a few more solo movies and maybe somebody tries to make a tv show that never gets off the ground.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    After WW3, Gal moves on. Nubia takes over but her movie ends up in production hell for several years. Then we get a Nubia movie that's either really good or really bad. Then something spooks WB so they don't do any sequels (just like how they're not doing sequels on the Harry Potter spin off movies).

Diana appears in JL ensemble animated movies, maybe gets a few more solo movies and maybe somebody tries to make a tv show that never gets off the ground.
    I'm honestly not certain this would be the case. Also, fyi, a Fantastic Beasts (Harry Potter spinoff film) is releasing in April.

Wonder Woman has proven herself to be a merchandising juggernaut. She was in the top 10 for merchandising sales in 2017, and WB/DC announced a hell of a lot of partnerships for Wonder Woman for both 1984 and WW 80th. There's no way they'd allow a Wonder Woman film to languish in development hell now that they know Wonder Woman can make them a significant amount of money.

Also, Yara and the Nubia resurgence shows that WB/DC has a commitment to Wonder Woman mythos in a way they've never had before. They're also obviously expanding the importance of the Amazons with Historia, Trial of the Amazons, and presumably the Artemis backup. This doesn't translate to me that WB/DC has any plans to let the Wonder World go dark and stagnant.

Lastly, I question if Gal would really move on after WW3. I can see Patty moving on, but Wonder Woman is still the bread and butter of Gal's career. I wouldn't be shocked if she does a 4th- similar to Hemsworth and Thor. Gal is the action heroine right now, and I can't imagine her wanting to so easily give up the biggest action heroine role of our times. WB/DC may also give her more money and even power - she's already was a producer for WW84 - for the 4th installment.