Page 78 of 343 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 5145

I typoed negativity into "nagativity" in the same paragraph with a horse metaphor, that's almost Freudian. lol

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    You all are getting on my nerves with all the nagativity. The glass is always half empty. Forget it's mouth, any gift horse we're presented with will get thoroughly examined, re-examined and generally found lacking. As a life long Wonder Woman fan I get it, we're used to receiving the short end of the stick and complaining about it. But as a group, can we ever be happy about anything? GEESH!
    I feel like with the comics especially we have no reason to complain in for the first time ever:

The main solo
    Historia
    Nubia & the Amazons
    Wonder Girl
    Evolution
    Black & Gold

That's the most comic content she ever received all at once I think. We should want her to be respected in other corners of the DCU, but when factoring in her own corner of things, I don't think anyone can say the comics aren't respecting her overall and expect to be taken seriously.

You all are getting on my nerves with all the nagativity. The glass is always half empty. Forget it's mouth, any gift horse we're presented with will get thoroughly examined, re-examined and generally found lacking. As a life long Wonder Woman fan I get it, we're used to receiving the short end of the stick and complaining about it. But as a group, can we ever be happy about anything? GEESH!
    I'm going with Siege on the comics content. Comics wise this is year has been pretty good for WW, I'm enjoying the solo, B&G, and Nubia and am looking forward to Historia and Evolution. Conrad/Cloonan and Williams/Ayala have been some much needed fresh blood for WW.

Multi-media? Yeah, I'm annoyed Supes and Bats get their latest new animated shows but that Injustice movie being terrible and Injustice fans realizing they're not getting six movies of Wonder Simp and Super Hitler almost balances it out. Don't really care about videogames beyond some niche stuff and a Harley led-SS is dead on arrival for me anyways.

So...

Last edited by Gaius; 11-01-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I'm sorry if i bothered you. But it bothers me how WW is usually treated badly. It's nice to have more comic content. But it's the quality of the content that is most important. I want to see her play a big role in DCU at large, be treated as a real powerhouse and see her villains respected as serious threats. And i'd like for WW to be given a good animated series, because that is long over due.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Over in the Superman forum, there's a thread about Superman's leadership style, and Vordan posted this chart:

It got me thinking where Diana might fit on it. Personally, I think she Affiliative best describes her, though she has elements of Visionary.
    This is a very interesting topic. The best version of Wonder Woman is definitely a Coach. She is all about "Try this"

The Mark Waid story from 80th anniversary is definitely the peak of how she should relate to the rest of the Justice League. I just wish she had a bit more full along the way.

I am not too keen on the source (Grace Randolph, like many of her internet genre "journalist" peers, is very hit and miss with her scoops), but this is an idea that intrigues me. Would you be down with a WW3 that is low key a superheroine team up movie? Would you feel that it is better to focus on Diana and her family of characters instead of bringing in other female metas? Not gonna lie, the idea of a live action Grudge Match (one of the best and best loved episodes the animated DC JL show world gave us) makes me happy to no end, BUT if we are gonna have Diana lead an unofiicial "Justice League Of Badass Babes," I'd rather they take their cues from the Phil Jimenez WW issue ("Girl Frenzy" I think it was called). On the other hand, films with large casts are incredibly hard to construct and do so successfully, and I don't want the third chapter of Gal Gadot/Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman film trilogy to become another badly received flop. I am so torn about this...
    WW3.jpg
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 11-06-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I am not too keen on the source (Grace Randolph, like many of her internet genre "journalist" peers, is very hit and miss with her scoops), but this is an idea that intrigues me. Would you be down with a WW3 that is low key a superheroine team up movie? Would you feel that it is better to focus on Diana and her family of characters instead of bringing in other female metas? Not gonna lie, the idea of a live action Grudge Match (one of the best and best loved episodes the animated DC JL show world gave us) makes me happy to no end, BUT if we are gonna have Diana lead an unofiicial "Justice League Of Badass Babes," I'd rather they take their cues from the Phil Jimenez WW issue ("Girl Frenzy" I think it was called). On the other hand, films with large casts are incredibly hard to construct and do so successfully, and I don't want the third chapter of Gal Gadot/Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman film trilogy to become another badly received flop. I am so torn about this...
    WW3.jpg
    A Grudge Match movie? You mean WW will be mind-controlled throughout the whole thing?

Personally I'm 100% against it. The only female heroes I can approve for WW3 are Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Artemis and Yara. The rest should get their own movies.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

WW3.jpg
    Give the other heroines their own movies. Diana is still relatively new to live action movies. Her first trilogy needs to focus on her character and lore alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    A Grudge Match movie? You mean WW will be mind-controlled throughout the whole thing?

Personally I'm 100% against it. The only female heroes I can approve for WW3 are Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Artemis and Yara. The rest should get their own movies.
    Can we compromise and have a WW3 that has Circe as the villain and introduces Nubia, Donna, Cassie, and Yara as the "Justice League of Amazons" that helps WW fight off Circe's hellish hordes as they invade Themyscira?

Can we compromise and have a WW3 that has Circe as the villain and introduces Nubia, Donna, Cassie, and Yara as the "Justice League of Amazons" that helps WW fight off Circe's hellish hordes as they invade Themyscira?
    Sounds great, but that's way too many characters to introduce in one movie. I think it's better to focus on Nubia and the other Amazons, and keep the Wonder Girls for the next movie trilogy.

WW3.jpg
    This sounds like it'd just turn into what's happening to the Flash movie. Or how "Man of Steel 2" turned into BvS.

And knowing WB and DC's track record and current roster of characters they have available, they'd just use this as an opportunity to shove a certain female clown into another property she has no business being in.

If they want to introduce Donna, Cassie, Nubia, or do something with Artemis in a third movie that'd be cool but thumbs down to any other DC characters showing up.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-07-2021 at 06:21 AM.

Incredible Member

WW3.jpg
    I wouldn't mind this in a spin-off movie. However, for WW3, I want a Wonder Woman vs. Circe story.

For the hypothetical female heroine team-up, Wonder Woman (leader), Yara Flor Wonder Girl, Supergirl, Vixen, and Mera vs. The Adjudicator or Villainy Inc. could be quite the film.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Is this supposed to be implying that Wonder Woman will be the focus or at least the main protagonist of the event?

I haven't read any of the Death Metal stories. Are they good?

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Is this supposed to be implying that Wonder Woman will be the focus or at least the main protagonist of the event?

I haven't read any of the Death Metal stories. Are they good?
    1. It's a statue of Wonder Woman from the Death Metal event from last year.

2. No.