Page 1 of 334 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman - General Discussion

Didn't see a thread for just general stuff that's happening in the comics. So, figured I'd make this.
    Last edited by Perseus; 10-02-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

WW issue 763 was plain to me, Diana feels weak the revelation was seen miles away and overall just didn't work well. There is no action on the level Diana should be I fear this is a continuing trend for her solo title.

Its also again confirmed that Post-Crisis, Nu52, and Rebirth WW are the same WW.

Incredible Member

Really don't have much to say about the current run. I realize that they're aiming for an easily accessible story to tie in with the movie, but I'm disappointed Orlando is gone and the conclusion to his run was haphazardly rushed.

Really hope we eventually get an expansion on Donna's origin from Orlando's run. I'm glad we got back what I feel is the essential core of her origin back with being adopted and trained by Diana and Hippolyta. Now if only they can fill in the remaining questions like whom Diana rescued a young Donna from being used as a weapon by.

For the current run with Tamaki I'm pretty lukewarm on it but there are a few eyebrow raising moments as a continuity freak and make me wonder what the current timeline is.

So Maxwell Lord gained knowledge of the Pre-flashpoint universe, But none of the events involving him actually happened in continuity? But elsewhere there have been occasional mentions of JLI like it actually happened like Ted and Booster being friends.

Also random panel of Diana in her New 52 costume talking to Real Brunette Hippolyta, not Blonde New 52 holodeck Hippolyta. Not sure when this could have occurred.

Zeus origin is still canon unfortunately. Something about the way he's described in the panel where he's juxtaposed with Hippolyta kind of bothers me.

I too had a powerful father, A man who took what he wanted and crushed those who stood in his way
    Makes it seem like they're implying him and Hippolyta wasn't a consensual thing. I'm conflicted. I'm all for Zeus being portrayed as an *******, but if they're going this route with Diana's conception I rather they use Hercules. Or better yet don't do it this way at all and use the clay origin.

With Red Hood going solo, I hope Artemis gets moved back to Diana's supporting cast and shows up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Really don't have much to say about the current run. I realize that they're aiming for an easily accessible story to tie in with the movie, but I'm disappointed Orlando is gone and the conclusion to his run was haphazardly rushed.

Really hope we eventually get an expansion on Donna's origin from Orlando's run. I'm glad we got back what I feel is the essential core of her origin back with being adopted and trained by Diana and Hippolyta. Now if only they can fill in the remaining questions like whom Diana rescued a young Donna from being used as a weapon by.

For the current run with Tamaki I'm pretty lukewarm on it but there are a few eyebrow raising moments as a continuity freak and make me wonder what the current timeline is.

So Maxwell Lord gained knowledge of the Pre-flashpoint universe, But none of the events involving him actually happened in continuity? But elsewhere there have been occasional mentions of JLI like it actually happened like Ted and Booster being friends.

Also random panel of Diana in her New 52 costume talking to Real Brunette Hippolyta, not Blonde New 52 holodeck Hippolyta. Not sure when this could have occurred.

Zeus origin is still canon unfortunately. Something about the way he's described in the panel where he's juxtaposed with Hippolyta kind of bothers me.

Makes it seem like they're implying him and Hippolyta wasn't a consensual thing. I'm conflicted. I'm all for Zeus being portrayed as an *******, but if they're going this route with Diana's conception I rather they use Hercules. Or better yet don't do it this way at all and use the clay origin.

With Red Hood going solo, I hope Artemis gets moved back to Diana's supporting cast and shows up soon.
    Yeah, with Donna and Cassie being more Titan and YJ characters I wouldn't want to lose Artemis also.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Count me among those who miss Donna, Cassie and Artemis in the Wonder books. Hope they're back sooner rather than later.

Maria Mendoza made an appearance in the METAL tie in book this week, she fought superwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Maria Mendoza made an appearance in the METAL tie in book this week, she fought superwoman.
    Save for the metal sock helmet, I always dug her white and gold outfit.

Please note that this is a Spoiler-Free thread.

If you want to discuss specifics of ongoing issues, please create an appropriate [SPOILER] thread.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Please note that this is a Spoiler-Free thread.

If you want to discuss specifics of ongoing issues, please create an appropriate [SPOILER] thread.

Thanks!
    Sorry about that. Didn't know... I placed a spoiler warning so people can enter knowing there will be spoilers.

Thank you!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I wonder do you think Diana and Dick Grayson would get along? The time don't ofte interact

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder do you think Diana and Dick Grayson would get along? The time don't ofte interact
    Yes? idk why they wouldn't.

Dick seems to be one good terms with most of the major figures of superhero community, so probably would I’d guess.

Though honestly I think she’s had a more memorable interaction with Jason than Dick when talking Robins.

I just would like that she had some role in helping all the robins even if it's not big. I only ask since Dick never gets to be outside many books. I would love to see Dick and Wonder Woman interacted more

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I can't recall a time they didn't. She seems to like him quite a bit (as a pseudo-nephew) even when she disagrees with Bruce and his child soldier recruitment policy.