Page 334 of 334 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334
Results 4,996 to 5,007 of 5007
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I don’t see why that would be necessary. Just because Apollo and Midnighter are pastiches of Bats and Supes? I think the audience will be smart enough to pick up on that regardless.
    It is still jarring to see the knock off versions appear in the cinematic universe before the real deal.

Imagine if USAgent appeared in MCU before Captain America?

It feels all over the place. Better to be built a universe in a systemic manner.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That's not even on the same level
    I agree, its much worse.

At least Wonder Girl appearing can be explained with a throwaway line confirming Diana exists somewhere and doing something important.

But getting to see the parody versions of the character before we see the actual characters sounds like a bad plan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I agree, its much worse.

At least Wonder Girl appearing can be explained with a throwaway line confirming Diana exists somewhere and doing something important.

But getting to see the parody versions of the character before we see the actual characters sounds like a bad plan.
    They wouldnt be parodies. They exist in the same exact world. One dresses up as a Bat. The other doesnt. One has personality...the other...doesnt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

They wouldnt be parodies. They exist in the same exact world. One dresses up as a Bat. The other doesnt. One has personality...the other...doesnt.
    As expected laser_man is making a big deal out of absolutely nothing. This is nowhere near anything of an issue that he's making.

Just highlight their differences instead of obsessing over their similarities. Hell it would be easy to do as you simply need to highlight Midnighter being a violent maniac who gleefully kills people and brags about the computer in his brain.

Batman..... obviously wouldn't do any of that and its a good way to establish his no kill rule by contrasting his morality vs a man who has little of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    It is still jarring to see the knock off versions appear in the cinematic universe before the real deal.

Imagine if USAgent appeared in MCU before Captain America?

It feels all over the place. Better to be built a universe in a systemic manner.

Like how we got a Supergirl show where we only saw glimpses of Superman before he appeared for real and then later he got his own spin off show that was better than every other CW show?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I doubt they'd introduce a Woder Girl before Wonder Woman, so it's very unlikely.
    You could introduce Wonder Woman through Wonder Girl.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You could introduce Wonder Woman through Wonder Girl.
    Yeah, not written as a "new to the in-universe superhero community" but "not previously seen by the audience". You don't really need to do detailed backstories for everyone. You can just say Diana has been in the JL for years and leave it at that, especially if she's not gonna show up in the show often. Which has been done before and it worked reasonably well.

Tried my hand at the "All-Star Superman Doomed Planet, etc, etc," origin recap but for Wonder Woman. Used art from Jimenez, Scott, and Sampere.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Mark Russell and Mike Allred hope to do a WW mini series in the same world as SM:Space Age & BM: Dark Age
    https://youtu.be/BI2pC1n87zc?si=W6U19J6qrEmhQrXn

Mark Russell and Mike Allred hope to do a WW mini series in the same world as SM:Space Age & BM: Dark Age
    https://youtu.be/BI2pC1n87zc?si=W6U19J6qrEmhQrXn
    Haven't read much of by Russel, so it'd be interesting given what I heard of his other stuff. I'd assume it'd be some Golden Age pastiche.

Never got to around to Space Age since I didn't really care for Allred's art.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Both Space Age and Dark Age are period pieces centering on the characters experiencing the changing decades and coinciding with major events of the times. With Space Age cataloging 1960's to the 1980s against the backdrop of the Cold War and Space Race as Superman deals with the potential and then inevitable apocalypse of his entire world.

Space Age is pretty good and if Dark Age proves the same I would love a WW rendition of the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Donna does not have to be called Wonder Girl nor do you really need any direct nods to WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Well yeah, they probably won't have Kid Flash, Aqualad or Speedy either
    If that's the case there's no point, they shouldn't even bother.