Page 166 of 344 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 5147

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Not the original version of Donna. Her life as Hippolyta's daughter and Diana's sister, her family of Titans. She had a life of love and family...
    Yes it's true, the original Wonder Girl stories had her being treated in kind. But she was already full of many insecurities like being very envious of Wonder Woman and feeling lesser to her specially when she pines for the older men that like Wonder Woman. All that would continue for decades on, and the best versions of her history explore this idea of those insecurities coming from a deep and problematic childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's perfectly fine. She can also have a male best friend, brother, whatever. I just want what makes them heroes to be from within themselves or other women.

No male patron gods or anything. Let the Wonderverse be a celebration of women, you know? I'm not saying get rid of Steve, but keep Zues out of what makes Di and Cassie special, you know?
    Completely agree, though I will say I was alright with Hermes as one of her patrons in Perez’s origin. Maybe because Perez’s Hermes always read as kinda fruity to me…

It could just as easily be Nike but I could see Hermes’ patronage being a nod to her gay male following as long as he’s not written as masc/straight.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Completely agree, though I will say I was alright with Hermes as one of her patrons in Perez’s origin. Maybe because Perez’s Hermes always read as kinda fruity to me…

It could just as easily be Nike but I could see Hermes’ patronage being a nod to her gay male following as long as he’s not written as masc/straight.
    Now that you mentioned it, Siggy reminds of me of Perez's Hermie a lot. Steve should've dated him instead of Etta

Wonder Woman showed up the Outlaws webtoon today.

So, I was browsing around Amazon Archives...just looking up stuff. And I've decided I never want Joshua Williamson to ever write Wonder Woman again.

I was kind of ambivalent to him before, but yeah, he's on my WW black list now. We all have one.

Why do the worst WW writers so often end up DC's golden boys?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So, I was browsing around Amazon Archives...just looking up stuff. And I've decided I never want Joshua Williamson to ever write Wonder Woman again.

I was kind of ambivalent to him before, but yeah, he's on my WW black list now. We all have one.

The kind of writing that works for certain characters doesn't WW. Also, her character and mythos are faaaaar less known or understood. Also, DC gives less of **** about Diana in general so there's that...If there were quality editors at DC maybe this would be less of an issue, and to an extent Marie Javins has helped, but mostly in expanding WW corner and establishing a long needed foundation. But, yeah, basically DC doesn't care or protect WW and her brand and depiction nearly as much as the other golden boys.

Anything in particular about Williamson? I wouldn't be interested in him either, "Dark Crisis On Infinite Earths" has lowered my opinion of him pretty hard but even before then his writing just came off as rather disposable to me.

But yeah, weird trend of writers at DC who like to say how much they love "the DC Universe" but are pretty bad WW writers; Waid, Johns, Taylor.

Is this about the speedster chart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Anything in particular about Williamson? I wouldn't be interested in him either, "Dark Crisis On Infinite Earths" has lowered my opinion of him pretty hard but even before then his writing just came off as rather disposable to me.

But yeah, weird trend of writers at DC who like to say how much they love "the DC Universe" but are pretty bad WW writers; Waid, Johns, Taylor.
    Waid can at least write decent WW content at times. I think she was fine in his JLA run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Waid can at least write decent WW content at times. I think she was fine in his JLA run.
    Never read his JLA run but yes, he himself got better even if the damage of his bad writing can still be seen with stuff like the Infinite Crisis and Injustice.

It's like he handed off the baton of the "Worst WW writer" to Johns and Taylor, lol.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

What is the speedster chart?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    What is the speedster chart?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Those writers like DC comics. Doesn't mean they like WW in particular. If they were hired to write WW, with rules that prevent them from using batman, superman or anything outside her own lore in her title. Can you imagine the struggle they would have? Now that is something i would pay to see.

For me...I'm generally not impressed with Dark Crisis or anything leading up to it.

Williamson wrote some Diana appearances in his Flash run where she's only there to get wrecked by Reverse Flash.
    Annoying, but so did the rest of the League because getting their asses kicked is all they're good for anymore.

But, for me, the kicker was finding he was responsible for that awful Justice League vs. Suicide Squad mini-series. Late to the party, I know, but at the time, I ignored it because I knew it would be trash and I wouldn't have known who Williamson was. But like I said, I'm browsing through Amazon Archives and discover, "Oh, god, HE wrote that?!"

Honestly, I might've put him on my black list for this alone when it first came out. First the Justice League gets defeated and captured by the Suicide Squad and forced to work for Amanda Waller. Because of course.

Then we get this:

Those last two panels...I almost threw up in my mouth.

And that's not even the climax. Diana and the League (except Batman) proceed to get enslaved by everyone's favorite villain, Max Lord, and have to get defeated & rescued by the Squad a SECOND time.
    And it ends with the League telling this group of murderers and thieves how cool they are.

So, yeah. Strike three...to the bin with you Williamson. Stay away from Wonder Woman.

'Diana is the greatest warrior in the DC universe. She was trained by the amazons. She understands the mechanics of running better than anyone on this list, which gives her an edge over the competition.'

Like... how? How does being the best warrior in DC translate to knowing the mechanics of running better than the top 3 speedsters? No sense, none whatsoever. No mention of her divine blessings, no swifter than Hermes, just the same garbage that was peddled out as her thing. whatever, this thing was abandoned a while ago, no one talks about it or takes it seriously. Also, this list is very generous with Superman's speed, his is a little bit too high there tbh. Black racer is too low, and so is Cheetah.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

For me...I'm generally not impressed with Dark Crisis or anything leading up to it.

Williamson wrote some Diana appearances in his Flash run where she's only there to get wrecked by Reverse Flash.
    Annoying, but so did the rest of the League because getting their asses kicked is all they're good for anymore.

But, for me, the kicker was finding he was responsible for that awful Justice League vs. Suicide Squad mini-series. Late to the party, I know, but at the time, I ignored it because I knew it would be trash and I wouldn't have known who Williamson was. But like I said, I'm browsing through Amazon Archives and discover, "Oh, god, HE wrote that?!"

Honestly, I might've put him on my black list for this alone when it first came out. First the Justice League gets defeated and captured by the Suicide Squad and forced to work for Amanda Waller. Because of course.

Then we get this:

Those last two panels...I almost threw up in my mouth.

And that's not even the climax. Diana and the League (except Batman) proceed to get enslaved by everyone's favorite villain, Max Lord, and have to get defeated & rescued by the Squad a SECOND time.
    And it ends with the League telling this group of murderers and thieves how cool they are.

So, yeah. Strike three...to the bin with you Williamson. Stay away from Wonder Woman.

Oof, forget about that last two panels. Yeah, stuff like that is what got Conner/Palmiotti on my **** list. Diana being besties with Quinn because "they're both girls" has to be the biggest brain dead trend in DC comics.

Honestly do find it hilarious people act like Quinn working for a government-sponsored death squad is what redeems her.