Page 330 of 345 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5161

Not surprising, considering we still haven't heard a beep about the alleged Amazons show. WW is clearly a low priority for WB.

Hey don’t worry folks. Circe gets to appear and fight (and likely killed off) by a bunch a z-listers in that Creature Commandos movie.

Totally equivalent to another Superman film and Batman film.

Can’t help but notice that DC and Marvel don’t have ANY female led superhero movies in the works…
    (Although, aside from Blade, Marvel seems to be only interested in team movies now…)

Guess I’m just gonna have to look to the upcoming Red Sonja movie to fill that void.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hey don’t worry folks. Circe gets to appear and fight (and likely killed off) by a bunch a z-listers in that Creature Commandos movie.

Totally equivalent to another Superman film and Batman film.
    James Gunn: “I’m gonna give the fans what they want.”

Fans: “A Wonder Woman animated se-“

Gunn: “A Creature Commandos Cartoon!”

Fans:

Incredible Member

For anyone who listened to the podcast, I thought it was a great listen. She talks about the tremendous success of the first film, and how she felt a lot of people were secretly hoping the sequel would fail. She talks about how the pandemic impacted 1984's box office and how 1984 was the top-selling DVD/Bluray for a year and a half. Yet none of that mattered.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'll always be sad that Patty and Gal couldn't finish their trilogy. I've said several times I have little hope that Gunn is interested in Wonder Woman and less hope he'll produce a Wonder Woman that would interest me.

On a similar note, I watched an X-Men 97 clip today with the team fighting Sentinels. The animation was fantastic, and I wondered why Wonder Woman still hasn't had an animated series. Even if Max isn't interested, I imagine Netflix, Amazon, and Apple TV would be willing to license Wonder Woman for a series.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/p...ed-1235941798/
    They aren’t interested in doing any ‘Wonder Woman’ for the time being,” Jenkins said. “It’s not an easy task, with what’s going on with DC. James Gunn and Peter Safran have to follow their own heart into their own plans. I don’t know what they are planning on doing or why, so I have sympathy for what a big job it is and they have to follow their heart and do what they’ve got planned.”

I always found very suspect that the much ballyhooed DCU would announce solo films for Batman and for Superman, but none for Diana. It just makes zero sense since any DC cinematic universe should, IMO, have the Trinity as its absolute center and compass. You cannot do a DCU and not include in its initial blueprint the three most iconic characters of that universe.

But whatever. If Diana is not part of the DCU, then I have zero interest in supporting it with my money.
    And frankly, now I am hoping the Wonder-Woman-less DCU fails.
    Yes, I am petty like that.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Can’t help but notice that DC and Marvel don’t have ANY female led superhero movies in the works…
    (Although, aside from Blade, Marvel seems to be only interested in team movies now…)

Guess I’m just gonna have to look to the upcoming Red Sonja movie to fill that void.
    They literally have Supergirl

Not excited about that, but they do have one, not none

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    James Gunn: “I’m gonna give the fans what they want.”

Fans: “A Wonder Woman animated se-“

Gunn: “A Creature Commandos Cartoon!”

Fans:
    Yeah, if this is how WW gets after one bad film while Superman and Batman can star in the biggest cinematic punchline of the 2010s while Harley Quinn stars in either critically revilved/box office bombs, I see no reason to continue supporting DC's adaptations.

I’m wondering if Gadot’s contract is the holdup. The MCU took so long to do the X-Men because of the FoX-Men contracts still being in effect I think. But if they can’t make a “solo” DCU WW movie they need to make that WW cartoon or do a World’s Finest/Trinity movie where it’s just a stealth WW movie with Bats and Supes playing support/jobbers.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Honestly, between this and news the MCU wants to take fewer "risks"...including no third Captain Marvel...which likely means fewer women and POC leading movies. I have a feeling if we weren't already in the dog days of superhero movies, we're there now.

Lesser known characters are going to get the shaft. Everything is going to be bloated team-ups and cameo fests. Even Superman is getting saddled with the Authority and Hawkgirl and Mr. Terrific and who knows who else. The next Captain America apparently has a bunch of Hulk characters showing up. Sony insists on future Spider-Man movies to be more multiverse with more characters.
    Unfortunately, if we see Wonder Woman in live action again any time soon, it will almost certainly be in a Justice League or crossover movie. She's never getting a solo again.

And honestly, this is probably the death throes of the fad. Superhero movies might not go away completely, but I think we're approaching the end of the current run. Gunn's Superman will make money--assuming it's any good--but it won't be enough to launch a new cinematic universe. The MCU's on the downturn. After the next Venom, Sony's done. Batman and Spider-Man will continue because they're untouchable. They might still do something with the X-Men. But that'll be about it.

At least we got one decent Wonder Woman movie out of all this.

Let's be real for a second. She might totally be right. No clear indication that she's wrong

But why would she know what James Gunn and Peter Safran are planning with Wonder Woman? In fact, she specifically said she doesn't know what projects they are making.

When was the last time they talked to her? Probably more than a year ago

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Let's be real for a second. She might totally be right. No clear indication that she's wrong

But why would she know what James Gunn and Peter Safran are planning with Wonder Woman? In fact, she specifically said she doesn't know what projects they are making.

When was the last time they talked to her? Probably more than a year ago
    Same way people on the internet know what their plans are. She knows people on the inside.

I could be miss remembering or misinterpreting some of what King said, but in an interview last year he mentioned how he’s trying to write his Wonder Woman comic in a way that “proves she deserves an animated series” or something along those lines.

And since he is at the Hollywood writing table, it just tells me that there’s nothing in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Same way people on the internet know what their plans are. She knows people on the inside.
    She literally said she doesn't know what projects they are doing.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    She literally said she doesn't know what projects they are doing.
    You asked why she would know. If she did - that is how.

It's also possible she isn't looking to see what they're doing outside of WW. She did day dc studio isnt currently interested in WW