Incredible Member

Default Great Wonder Woman stories outside of her book(s)

Were there any particularly good WW stories during JLA? Or a good guest spot in the pages of Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Were there any particularly good WW stories during JLA? Or a good guest spot in the pages of Batman?
    1. Only one arc during Joe Kelly's run, the Golden Perfect. One of the 2,5 JLA authors that gave a **** about the character. (the other is Spurrier, and I guess we can can give Snyder 0,5 points for Death Metal's ending)

2. WW has appeared very few times on Batman comics. Most I can think of was a crossover Brian K Vaughan did, but I haven't read it. Nothing else.

For great stories outside of her verse, really the only thing available is Tynion and Ram V runs on JLD, where she does have protagonism, good plots, and her mythos used.

I really liked that Batwoman story where they team up to fight Medusa.

The Witching War is easily the best crossover-ish event that features WW.

Fantastic Member

The Rule (of War) by Spurrier (which was mentioned by Garrac) was really good from what I remember. Not really a Wonder Woman story, but one of leads.

Si Spurrier had a Justice League where Wonder Woman was pretty much the main character. She treated the League the way she's usually treated so naturally most DC fans didn't like it, lol.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    1. Only one arc during Joe Kelly's run, the Golden Perfect. One of the 2,5 JLA authors that gave a **** about the character. (the other is Spurrier, and I guess we can can give Snyder 0,5 points for Death Metal's ending)

2. WW has appeared very few times on Batman comics. Most I can think of was a crossover Brian K Vaughan did, but I haven't read it. Nothing else.

For great stories outside of her verse, really the only thing available is Tynion and Ram V runs on JLD, where she does have protagonism, good plots, and her mythos used.
    Yeah this just got released in HC Omni too. Thinking about picking it up.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Didn't Diana already kill Medusa though?

JLA: QUEEN OF FABLES - the evil Queen should be a recurring villain for Diana's "Princess"
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-25-2024 at 02:04 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

This was also really good:

MAY120307.jpg

Incredible Member

I haven't read it in a long time, but iirc, Diana was great in the JLA Classified story "The Hypothetical Woman" by Gail Simone and the amazing Jose Luis Garcia Lopez (whose art was still able to burst through Klaus Janson's sluggish inks).

2083597.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

The Witching War is easily the best crossover-ish event that features WW.
    Agreed on both of these.

The Batwoman crossover has a lot of n52 stink on it but how can you possibly dislike it when it looks like this?

I wish Rucka had still been on Batwoman during this arc because Williams unfortunately isn't as adept a writer as he is an artist, but the story's still a good time.