Page 312 of 345 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 5172
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The only thing Gunn can really make happen are movies. Tv shows still need a home unless he has veto power over MAX.
    Not exactly, Creature Commandos is a cartoon plus Peacemaker is still being made and Waller is going to be a tv show.

So he's also making shows along with movies.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Not exactly, Creature Commandos is a cartoon plus Peacemaker is still being made and Waller is going to be a tv show.

So he's also making shows along with movies.
    They have homes though. CC was ordered before he came on board. Peacemaker and Waller already had MAX behind it.

Im not getting younger so he should announce a WW animated series and get that tram together and rolling
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-02-2024 at 09:16 PM.

Incredible Member

Hasn't there been talk that the upcoming merger will pretty much see Gunn ousted, along with his plans?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Hasn't there been talk that the upcoming merger will pretty much see Gunn ousted, along with his plans?
    I would love that, the merger isn't a done deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Is there any particular reason to believe him? It was non-committal tweet in response to some rando on Twitter saying they'd like WW animated stuff. Not part of that major projects role out. It could have just been Gunn looking for good free publicity.

For all we know, Gunn's definition of "more WW in animation" could just be more useless roles in those Tommorowverse movies, not solo stuff.

Or how about the Paradise Lost show is one of the last things on their whole timeline while we've heard at least some stuff on just about all the other projects. Sorry but for WW, we're back to pre-2017 where I don't trust anyone at DC until I actually see a trailer.
    Exactly. Gunn/WB show how little they care about WW by developing Brave and the Bold alongside Reeves' trilogy and The Joker movies. We're about to get three separate movie versions of Batman's mythos at the same time! With this approach, there's absolutely no reason why WW3 couldn't be made.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Nope. There has been no rumblings about merges (besides a small lunch Zaslav had with Paramounts president).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I would love that, the merger isn't a done deal though.
    Man hasn't actually done anything that bad yet, and you wish for him to get ousted potentially screwing it up for the rest of us in seeing the DCU get another chance in film.

I kinda find that fucking gross.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-03-2024 at 03:16 AM.

Fantastic Member

Man hasn't actually done anything that bad yet, and you wish for him to get ousted potentially screwing it up for the rest of us in seeing the DCU get another chance in film.

Especially weird since he hasn't released a thing, but still has done better work for the WW-verse by having casted Circe who is most likely a recurring villain and has announced an Amazon based series. More than Wonder Woman has ever had in other media.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Especially weird since he hasn't released a thing, but still has done better work for the WW-verse by having casted Circe who is most likely a recurring villain and has announced an Amazon based series. More than Wonder Woman has ever had in other media.
    I'm not rooting for Gunn's projects to fail but

1. We have no idea if CC will even make reference to Circe being a WW villain and it's entirely possible she's killed off there. After how Cheetah was treated in that Catwoman faux-anime, I think fans have a write to cautious with how WW villains get treated in non-WW projects.

and

2. We've had no developments on the Amazons show and frankly we've heard rumors of an Amazons show going back to the 2017 movie, it's entirely possible Gunn just took that and tied it up into his big project.

The most Gunn's done for WW at the moment is when he shot up Historia in the Amazon sales after the bad news coverage he got with no WW3.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm not rooting for Gunn's projects to fail but

1. We have no idea if CC will even make reference to Circe being a WW villain and it's entirely possible she's killed off there. After how Cheetah was treated in that Catwoman faux-anime, I think fans have a write to cautious with how WW villains get treated in non-WW projects.

and

2. We've had no developments on the Amazons show and frankly we've heard rumors of an Amazons show going back to the 2017 movie, it's entirely possible Gunn just took that and tied it up into his big project.

The most Gunn's done for WW at the moment is when he shot up Historia in the Amazon sales after the bad news coverage he got with no WW3.

You never know, but I seriously doubt that is the case especially with the Amazon serie also announced. They just go together to well. Cheetah absolutely had terrible portrayal there and I also normally is nervous, but that doesn't have anything to do with Gunn

I definitely can be the reason why Gunn did that, but he just as easily could have cancelled them like he did with other projects.

Yeah? Well I find the lack of a Man of Steel 2, Wonder Woman 3 & Aquaman 3 gross.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The original tweet was about an animated series:

https://www.animationmagazine.net/20...man-animation/

Look, I'm just saying, innocent until proven guilty. It might not be made, but there isn't enough evidence to suggest that Gunn is outright lying.
    Gadot outright quoted something Gunn said to her in one of Gadot's interviews. If Gadot was lying about that, Gunn, who is always online, easily would have commented that Gadot was lying. He did not. Instead, he had an "insider" speak to one of the trades reiterating Paradise Lost was the only Wonder Woman project WB had in the works. If someone "lied" to the media regarding my intentions by literally quoting something I said to them in a meeting, a quick, "that meeting and that quote never happened" would have sufficed. That is not how Gunn responded. Gunn obviously "lied" to Gadot.

Incredible Member

You act as if Gunn is some unknown quantity. He's been in the movie business for more than a decade, and I've watched several of his movies. I've also watched how his DC Films Studios has been just as chaotic with drama and ambiguity as the last few DC Films regimes. I don't like Gunn's humor, I don't trust Gunn to make strong female characters, and I definitely don't trust him to make a strong Wonder Woman film. I also don't like the casting decisions he's made thus far except for his Lois Lane.

If I'm incorrect, I will happily enjoy his content, but I doubt I'll be incorrect.

I'm ambivalent regarding Gunn but it is far too early to call his regime chaotic.

And a merger of Warner Bros and Paramount would be terrible for the entertainment industry and the customers in the long run.

Yeah, we don't need any more giant entertainment media mergers.