Page 294 of 345 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5172

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That’s just the lighting in the pic.

It is so wild that it has taken this long for McFarlane to do something close to a "classic" Diana after endless variants and his own design, and yet it's not even that "classic" in that it wasn't actually around that long. I'll likely pick it up, but I wish the face sculpt were as good as the one they did for Knightfall Catwoman or the amazing Uma Thurman likeness on the new Ivy figure. This one feels a little off somehow.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WW and Donna cameo in WF

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WW and Donna cameo in WF
    What's WF?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's WF?
    I was gonna ask the same thing...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's WF?
    World's Finest

Though before anyone gets too hopeful or too upset about it, this is the Wodner Woman of the Kingdom Come timeline and she appears to spoilers:
    be mind controlled in this chapter
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zagre; 11-21-2023 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WW and Donna cameo in WF
    That's basically her Rebirth costume with a shoulder strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's basically her Rebirth costume with a shoulder strap.
    So true, lol. They gave Donna a similar shoulder strap. Same arm too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    World's Finest
    Though before anyone gets too hopeful or too upset about it, this is the Wodner Woman of the Kingdom Come timeline and she appears to spoilers:
    be mind controlled in this chapter
    end of spoilers
    Sheesh. I don't think Waid ever had much good-will when it came to Wonder Woman, but it's a little remarkable that he seems determined to torch what little there was with this series.

By the way...I suspect the tendency of artists to put Diana and related characters like Donna in single-shoulder armor, or armor that covers half of their chest, is supposed to be a nod to the old myths where the Amazons would cut one of their breasts off.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find it clever or visually appealing. Frankly, I think it looks stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Sheesh. I don't think Waid ever had much good-will when it came to Wonder Woman, but it's a little remarkable that he seems determined to torch what little there was with this series.

By the way...I suspect the tendency of artists to put Diana and related characters like Donna in single-shoulder armor, or armor that covers half of their chest, is supposed to be a nod to the old myths where the Amazons would cut one of their breasts off.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find it clever or visually appealing. Frankly, I think it looks stupid.
    It was a fun moment in Rebirth when Barbara called that out in story of what a silly Greek paranoia fueled myth that was. I think even KSD made fun of that in an interview about Historia.

I could be wrong but I believe having single shoulder armor does have some practical purpose in that it'll defend the place annopponent is most likely to strike in a sword fight. Granted you're also usually wearing more than just a shoulder pad and not a bathing suit to defend your other parts of the body.

Anyways KC-related unpopular opinion but I think the loin cloth variation of the WW outfit is as bad as the thong look from the same era.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Okay to clear this up

spoilers:
    EVERYONE IS MIND-CONTROLLED IN THIS ISSUE. The twist is that the evil deity Gog has somehow came to the Kingdom Come world and has taken over all the superheroes, INCLUDING Batman and Superman who are seen first bowing to Gog, showing they are indeed compromised like everyone else. Diana only shows up in the end group shot with everyone else.
    end of spoilers

So you can get off your "Oh no Diana is being mistreated again" high horse.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay to clear this up

spoilers:
    EVERYONE IS MIND-CONTROLLED IN THIS ISSUE. The twist is that the evil deity Gog has somehow came to the Kingdom Come world and has taken over all the superheroes, INCLUDING Batman and Superman who are seen first bowing to Gog, showing they are indeed compromised like everyone else. Diana only shows up in the end group shot with everyone else.
    end of spoilers

Now you know that not how it works lol

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

The McFarlane classic Wonder Woman goes up for order November 22.
    And the chase variant.

Fantastic Member

Okay to clear this up

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

The difference is that it is all Wonder Woman gets in this series. When other heroes (especially Batman and occasionally Superman) appear in other characters' stories, they get something cool to do, but not Wonder Woman obviously.

Flash got a cool moment in this run, and so did a a lot of other heroes. Diana meanwhile only got the mind controlled part. Well that, and her entire rogues gallery being defeated by the Flash in one go.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    The difference is that it is all Wonder Woman gets in this series. When other heroes (especially Batman and occasionally Superman) appear in other characters' stories, they get something cool to do, but not Wonder Woman obviously.

Flash got a cool moment in this run, and so did a a lot of other heroes. Diana meanwhile only got the mind controlled part. Well that, and her entire rogues gallery being defeated by the Flash in one go.
    What the Hell are you talking about? The group shot is filled with a ton of characters, Aquaman, Etrigan, Blue Beetle, Peacemaker, Green Lanterns, Doctor Fate, what the **** does it matter if Diana happens to be among them? The first arc already had Hal Jordan only there to be mind-controlled by the badguy and to serve as a power-up for Superman and Batman.

So again stop martyring Diana for no reason. She's just apart of a group shot with a ton of characters, THATS IT.

Even then Diana already had a moment last arc where she did a little trip with Robin to help figure out the mystery behind Newmazo. Its not major but hey its better than what Hal Jordan got.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

What the Hell are you talking about? The group shot is filled with a ton of characters, Aquaman, Etrigan, Blue Beetle, Peacemaker, Green Lanterns, Doctor Fate, what the **** does it matter if Diana happens to be among them? The first arc already had Hal Jordan only there to be mind-controlled by the badguy and to serve as a power-up for Superman and Batman.

So again stop martyring Diana for no reason. She's just apart of a group shot with a ton of characters, THATS IT.

Even then Diana already had a moment last arc where she did a little trip with Robin to help figure out the mystery behind Newmazo. Its not major but hey its better than what Hal Jordan got.
    Waid even likes Hal, while he struggles with Diana.

And I think Waid has already taken shots at KC Superman in this story, not KC Diana

We're not getting anything stellar related to Wonder Woman in WF (aside from Donna in the spinoff), but it's gonna be exhausting to listen to WW fans meltdown every time she so much as makes a cameo.