Page 359 of 359 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359
Results 5,371 to 5,377 of 5377

DC FINEST: WONDER WOMAN: ORIGINS & OMENS

Written by GAIL SIMONE, MARK WAID, and MARC ANDREYKO

Art by TERRY DODSON, RACHEL DODSON, BERNARD CHANG, and others

Cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON

$39.99 US | 584 pages | 6 5/8″ x 10 3/16″ | Softcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-834-6

ON SALE 10/8/24

On Themyscira, she is known as Diana, but to the rest of the world, she is called Wonder Woman due to her strength, bravery, and courage!

In her first DC Finest collection, we land in the beginning of acclaimed writer Gail Simone’s (Birds of Prey) fan-favorite era that delved heavily into the history and mythology of the Amazons. These stories, including “The Circle,” “Ends of the Earth,” and “Rise of the Olympian,” saw Diana facing classic foes like Captain Nazi, literary monsters such as Grendel, and, of course, her longtime nemesis Ares.

Each DC Finest volume is the perfect starting point to get acquainted with a character and jump into tales that have contributed to their rich histories! DC Finest: Wonder Woman: Origins & Omens collects these Wonder Woman issues from October 2007 to 2009: Wonder Woman (vol. 3) #14-35, Outsiders: Five of a Kind – Wonder Woman/Grace #1, and The Brave and the Bold #7.

Well, nice to see that the Golden Age volume 6 gets the collection to number 71. Means there's only two omnibuses left to get the Golden and Silver ages go full circle.

Does Golden Age vol 6 really count as silver age?

Isn't Sensation Comics 94 considered Silver Age already?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Well, nice to see that the Golden Age volume 6 gets the collection to number 71. Means there's only two omnibuses left to get the Golden and Silver ages go full circle.
    I hope they'll include the three unpublished GA stories in the last omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Does Golden Age vol 6 really count as silver age?

Isn't Sensation Comics 94 considered Silver Age already?
    It really drives from when do comic historians consider that the Silver Age begins, which depending on whom you ask is much later on the mid-50s.

For Wonder Woman, creatively speaking the Silver Age begins once Joye Hummel stepped down on WW 29 (1948)

There really isnt any diference between a Kanigher comic from 1949 than from 1965. Guy sure had it all figured out.

I wish they’d get the rest of the Marston/Hummel stuff in paperback since I hate reading omnibuses.

I have never read all of those early stories/adventures, but I would sure love to read them! I love the art and look of those stories.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!