Page 323 of 345 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Is creepy/obsessive/crazy/stalker a lesbian trope? It's probably one of the most common straight tropes there is.
    Yes, it is. With a very long history.

For "best" I would've used maybe Justice League Action or the DCAMU.

Bad news: Diana's getting dragged into another crappy DC event.

Worse news: It's written by Mark Waid.

Worst news: All of it is Waid, including the tie-ins. Diana's tie-in.

Eh, it looks bad but if it’s anything like BW it’ll be easily ignorable. DC would be stupid to cut off whatever momentum their books have by stopping them all for one event, if they learned anything from Williamson Nightmares book.

Though hyping WW in an event and not using a villain of hers is a Peak DC move. And in that case, Waid is perfect to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The folks over at Reddit have been doing a series of on Best and Worst adaptations of the JL Members;

I'm surprised MAWS didn't win for Superman, I though the DCAU version wasn't particularly beloved? But Lynda Carter would be my pick for WW as well. It's the most unadulterated version of the character, before Warrior Woman, Daddy Zeus and Trinity shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm surprised MAWS didn't win for Superman, I though the DCAU version wasn't particularly beloved? But Lynda Carter would be my pick for WW as well. It's the most unadulterated version of the character, before Warrior Woman, Daddy Zeus and Trinity shipping.
    It went back-and-forth a lot with MAWS but never underestimate DCAU nostalgia.
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-22-2024 at 10:51 PM.

Villain representatives for Bats and Supes are both robots. One would think this is a perfect opportunity to dig up Dr Cyber, but we have what we have...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Is creepy/obsessive/crazy/stalker a lesbian trope? It's probably one of the most common straight tropes there is.
    Yes, it is. With a very long history.

Yeaaaaah... its very problematic. Even more so now that the first woman they've had in 6 years that has shown any romantic interest in Wonder Woman and THAT is the route they go....
    Last edited by Majesty; 02-23-2024 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It went back-and-forth a lot with MAWS but never underestimate DCAU nostalgia.
    DCAU was quite good.

I don't think Waid is going to be that bad myself, but I'll hope for the best.
    I think the nostalgia for DCAU Superman gets underrated.
    Villain representatives for Bats and Supes are both robots. One would think this is a perfect opportunity to dig up Dr Cyber, but we have what we have...
    It's just funny how Batman and Superman have characters connected to their own storylines while Wonder Woman gets...Amanda Waller.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Why is it that DC can't stop making events every 3 seconds? Not everything in the DCU needs to be connected. And why is waid still writing WW into his stories, when he said he can't do her jusice, and never gives her anything important to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Waid is going to be that bad myself, but I'll hope for the best.

I think the nostalgia for DCAU Superman gets underrated.

It's just funny how Batman and Superman have characters connected to their own storylines while Wonder Woman gets...Amanda Waller.
    and also a sword, and gauntlet bracelets, and surely a shield and a bloodthirsty personality :P

Waid wrote her well in the 80th anniversary and he has in the past expressed regrets for how he wrote Diana in Kingdom Come. I hope this is his redemption arc when it comes to Diana.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

For most millennials the DCAU is the platonic ideal of what DC should be. While we hardcore Superman and WW fans have gripes about their portrayal, most people love that franchise’s take on the characters. MAWS would have to get a 5 season run to even begin to challenge the DCAU. Same holds true for the DCAMU (the animated move universe), plenty of people hate on it but to a lot of zoomers, that’s their universe, it’s what they grew up on, and movies like Flashpoint or JL War get plenty of love.

I’ve made my peace with it even as I hope eventually it gets supplanted by something better.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/