Page 165 of 341 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5106

I agree with everything you wrote aside from saying that Zeus
    can be Cassie's dad. She should go back to her original background of being an ambitious normal girl that gained powers from artifacts she was trusted with

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I agree with everything you wrote aside from saying that Zeus
    can be Cassie's dad. She should go back to her original background of being an ambitious normal girl that gained powers from artifacts she was trusted with
    I, too, hate the Zues origin. I would prefer the Wonder Women's origins not really give much significance to men. That isn't to say they can't have loving male figures in their creation, but I don't want their power to have anything to do with a man.

Diana being born of clay and Poly's love is all I need. Same with Cassie having the heart of an Amazon of not the blood of one.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

With Cassie I do encourage her having a good relationship with her father, and a complex relationship with he mother, but she shouldn't have a special birth or lineage.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

With Cassie I do encourage her having a good relationship with her father, and a complex relationship with he mother, but she shouldn't have a special birth or lineage.
    That's perfectly fine. She can also have a male best friend, brother, whatever. I just want what makes them heroes to be from within themselves or other women.

No male patron gods or anything. Let the Wonderverse be a celebration of women, you know? I'm not saying get rid of Steve, but keep Zues out of what makes Di and Cassie special, you know?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I like Cassie being an offspring of Zeus and the general way it was handled. Could add more drama. A child of Zeus, sibling of Hercules & Ares unknowingly being Dianas #1 fan and becoming an honorary Amazon really brings things fully circle.

Just because Cassie gets her powers because of her lineage, it isnt what makes her special. Dianas influence is what makes her special.

Personally, I like Ares being Cassie's dad.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Personally, I like Ares being Cassie's dad.
    I'm ambivalent to Cassie's actual parentage but I did enjoy their interactions/relationship.

Then vs.

vs. Now

Last edited by Sebastianne; 09-25-2022 at 05:54 PM.

lol, alright. Fess up, which one of us here for works for DC comics media-team?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I like Cassie being an offspring of Zeus and the general way it was handled. Could add more drama. A child of Zeus, sibling of Hercules & Ares unknowingly being Dianas #1 fan and becoming an honorary Amazon really brings things fully circle.

Just because Cassie gets her powers because of her lineage, it isnt what makes her special. Dianas influence is what makes her special.
    I mean, that's not how it works tho. That's why when you see any description of who she is they say "daughter of Zeus"

But more importantly, thematic cohesion is something I love in the Wonderverse. Diana has such profound themes. While Donna represents a version of Diana whose childhood was full of angat and insecurity, Cassue represents how a normal young gurl could become extraordinary in the world that Diana is creating through her efforts. She's a fangirl, but also a follower, and that's what took her on the road to claim those artifacts as hers and suddenly being totally powerful.

If Cassie has a special birth or lineage then it defeats the purpose of her unique place in this universe. She would ve extraordinary and powerful even if Diana had never become a figure of change in the world

I mean, that's not how it works tho. That's why when you see any description of who she is they say "daughter of Zeus"

But more importantly, thematic cohesion is something I love in the Wonderverse. Diana has such profound themes. While Donna represents a version of Diana whose childhood was full of angat and insecurity, Cassue represents how a normal young gurl could become extraordinary in the world that Diana is creating through her efforts. She's a fangirl, but also a follower, and that's what took her on the road to claim those artifacts as hers and suddenly being totally powerful.

If Cassie has a special birth or lineage then it defeats the purpose of her unique place in this universe. She would ve extraordinary and powerful even if Diana had never become a figure of change in the world
    Writers, esp those who write WW are going to use the splashiest titles/phrases there are and daughter of zeus is a splashy title. Doesn't mean that it takes away from Dianas influence and tutelage making her more special.

Sure if she was just a normal every day girl that'd be cool, but depending on which Donna version you go with, she to was that normal every day baby who was saved and granted gifts. Cassie jumping into the fight before she knew of her special birth, before she was initially gifted powers by Zeus is already special enough and doesnt take away from how she joined the superhero game.

Donna was never a normal girl. She was raised on Paradise Island. There's nothing normal about that.

And thematically Donna doesn't represent a mortal girl influenced by Diana to reach limits nobody else would attempt before her. That's Cassie.

What Donna represents is a version of Diana that lacked love when she was growing up. Someone full of insecurities that has to learn to overcome them

Donna was never a normal girl. She was raised on Paradise Island. There's nothing normal about that.

And thematically Donna doesn't represent a mortal girl influenced by Diana to reach limits nobody else would attempt before her. That's Cassie.

What Donna represents is a version of Diana that lacked love when she was growing up. Someone full of insecurities that has to learn to overcome them
    Not the original version of Donna. Her life as Hippolyta's daughter and Diana's sister, her family of Titans. She had a life of love and family...