Page 231 of 343 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 5133

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That still hasn’t finished?

It’s been like a year and half.
    I think there were delays because of the art. Kind of a waste, because the art is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    "Hey, Angry Amazon Lady" summs up Taylor's entire approach to the character.
    The fact he has Batman tell her "Not everyone different is a monster" is what really gets me.

Taylor's Wonder Woman needs to be told not to be racist. Cool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I think there were delays because of the art. Kind of a waste, because the art is pretty good.

The fact he has Batman tell her "Not everyone different is a monster" is what really gets me.

Taylor's Wonder Woman needs to be told not to be racist. Cool.
    Bizarre. And it's Clark who has the idea to use the lasso because of course.

Tom Taylor should be banned from writing her.

I mean at least Historia's wonky schedule still produced a good book. And better art.

But yeah, I stopped following it pretty quickly and unfortunately only am reminded of it when people post lousy scenes from it like that one where Harley and Ivy job out Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The twisted funny is Taylor will most likely get praise for his depiction of Diana here solely because she's in an explicit romantic relationship with a woman Zala (the not-Kara Supergirl)

Well, I guess if I'm going to play devil's advocate (don't kill me) emotions are running high because Hippolyta just died (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess if I'm going to play devil's advocate (don't kill me) emotions are running high because Hippolyta just died (I think).
    You don’t understand, Taylor’s stuck writing in a pre-existing universe that was created by Tom Taylor. He has to honor Taylor’s original vision and I’m sure he’d write her differently if he got to create his own universe. /s

In all seriousness, I appreciate Taylor reminding everyone he’s still the worse “Tom” whose written Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Looks really cute .

Huh here's something, what do you think of the idea of Wonder Woman's cuffs being a power limiter for her and removing them activates a super mode?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co..._should_bring/

Honestly, not a fan. I'm okay with Diana having some kind of god-mode, but I'd rather it not be related to her bracelets being on or off. I think the notion that a woman's power is something that must be contained and bound is sketchy territory, even if it does originate from Marston to some extent.

I also don't care for that particular context because it's clear her super-mode here is owed entirely to Zeus being her father. To me, that scene strikes me as Diana achieving a greater power by shedding her iconography (the bracelets) and embracing who her dad is. Hard pass on that.

Honestly, not a fan. I'm okay with Diana having some kind of god-mode, but I'd rather it not be related to her bracelets being on or off. I think the notion that a woman's power is something that must be contained and bound is sketchy territory, even if it does originate from Marston to some extent.

I also don't care for that particular context because it's clear her super-mode here is owed entirely to Zeus being her father. To me, that scene strikes me as Diana achieving a greater power by shedding her iconography (the bracelets) and embracing who her dad is. Hard pass on that.
    Huh I didn't think of it like that, thats an interesting viewpoint.

I thought of it more like those famous weighted clothing moments like Dragon Ball and Nartuo.

Ya know when the guy just casually reveals they've been wearing weights on their bodies the whole time and once they take them off they instantly get way stronger.

Spectacular Member

My concept for Wonder Woman is that she has a amazon training powered base form and when it's necessary to fight a Superman/Flash/Martin Manhunter level opponent she can enter a god mode to access the power gifted to her by the amazons patron goddesses at her clay birth.It's not tied to her bracelets(as I feel that would add complications),she learned to enter this state during her first adventure in the outside world and can even activate automatically in response to danger,like a speedster trying to pull a fast one on her

I feel that is the best way to keep the contest,her position as the best of the amazons,the relevance of the invisible jet and bracelets as part of her arsenal and at the same time allow her to be as powerful as we want her to be

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh I didn't think of it like that, thats an interesting viewpoint.

I thought of it more like those famous weighted clothing moments like Dragon Ball and Nartuo.

Ya know when the guy just casually reveals they've been wearing weights on their bodies the whole time and once they take them off they instantly get way stronger.

Yeah, I don’t imagine most are connecting it to Marston when they think of it since it is a concept used elsewhere and it’s one of the lesser remembered aspects of Marston’s run, in comparison to stuff like “loses powers when bound by a man”.

I enjoyed her “Witch Mode” from JLD but I’m always kind of iffy on giving “super-modes” for characters like Superman or Wonder Woman since it opens up questions like “why don’t you use it all the time?”.

All-New Member

Preview for next Dark Knights of Steel features Diana in typical Tom Taylor fashion: belligerent, angry, intolerant, and needs everyone else to calm her down.
    So basically her every appearance since Countdown to Infinite Crisis? lol XD