Page 168 of 342 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 5117

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Back from seeing "The Woman King" this is probably a given, but every Wonder Woman fan needs to see this movie.
    That movie looks so effing good. I can't wait to see it (might have to wait 'til streaming though).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That he's never written anything that's risen above "okay, I guess" is what disqualifies him for me.

I doubt he'd be interested in a WW solo run. Like most of the golden boys, he'll only write as part of some JL run they do where they can write her as a generic as they can and maybe a short story in some anniversary.

I'd be slightly more forgiving of that stupid scene with Harley if there wasn't already this annoying trend of pairing the two off.
    Well, I personally enjoy his work, but I understand it might not be for everyone.

I'm not sure if WW is a favorite of his either, although he seems to like Donna a bit judging by Dark Crisis.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's a "depends on the run" kind of thing.
    It doesn't depend on the run. It has been a consistent trait of the character since new 52, not being skilled. She has no real impressive showings of technique and combat moves for most of her appearances of the last 11 years and counting. Just like her powers nowadays, her ''amazing'' skills are pure lipservice wank that isn't supported by actual showinngs.

For those of you who got a spare $30,000 lying around.

James Bond, Harry Potter, Superman, Star Wars, Wonder Woman, Batman, Bruce Lee Memorabilia to be Auctioned in London

Wonder Woman’s (Gal Gadot) Tiara from “Wonder Woman” (2017): $17,236-22,981.

Diana in the Red Hood Webtoons outlaw from today

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Diana tries to be nice but people stay testing her...Starfire I love you but no need to bring out the bolts.

Ah, one of the early examples of "Geoff Johns can't write Wonder Woman to save his life."

I remember how Greg Rucka basically had to clean up after this scene during his run by having Diana apologize to Cassie and explain why she was acting like this.
    Kind of a mini-trend of the early 2000s where Johns would have Diana do something really stupid or OOC and Rucka would have to make sense of it later, or Rucka putting a lot of time and effort into establishing something for or about Wonder Woman, just for Johns to make a total botch of it in some other comic.

Suffering Sappho...has there ever been a writer who's failed so consistently at Wonder Woman as Geoff Johns? Guys like Matt Wagner were one-and-done. Robinson had his run, but he's gone now and will probably never touch her again. Frank Miller sticks to his weirdo "Crazy Ralph" universe. Tom Taylor may be going for record, but he's still got a ways to go.

But Johns...since the early 2000s, this man has had his hand at Wonder Woman dozens of times in crossover events, guest appearances, and Justice League, and the best he's ever gotten...the highest pinnacle he's ever reached with her is "mildly inoffensive."

This guy seriously thought he should co-write one of her movies. Look how that turned out.

Young Geoff Johns had headcanon that Diana was the bitchy, violent one and gosh darn it he is going to make sure it sticks in the main canon too!

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

At least he didn't have her strike first and give a nice warning lol

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Ah, one of the early examples of "Geoff Johns can't write Wonder Woman to save his life."

I remember how Greg Rucka basically had to clean up after this scene during his run by having Diana apologize to Cassie and explain why she was acting like this.
    Kind of a mini-trend of the early 2000s where Johns would have Diana do something really stupid or OOC and Rucka would have to make sense of it later, or Rucka putting a lot of time and effort into establishing something for or about Wonder Woman, just for Johns to make a total botch of it in some other comic.

Suffering Sappho...has there ever been a writer who's failed so consistently at Wonder Woman as Geoff Johns? Guys like Matt Wagner were one-and-done. Robinson had his run, but he's gone now and will probably never touch her again. Frank Miller sticks to his weirdo "Crazy Ralph" universe. Tom Taylor may be going for record, but he's still got a ways to go.

But Johns...since the early 2000s, this man has had his hand at Wonder Woman dozens of times in crossover events, guest appearances, and Justice League, and the best he's ever gotten...the highest pinnacle he's ever reached with her is "mildly inoffensive."

This guy seriously thought he should co-write one of her movies. Look how that turned out.
    Taylor's taken that crown of thorns even if Johns' missteps were more high profile (neck snap & "I deal with my enemies").

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Diana tries to be nice but people stay testing her...Starfire I love you but no need to bring out the bolts.

This can only be a Geoff Johns book if WW is struggling with effing Starfire. The only way it would be more obvious it was him is if that the Amazon was struggling with Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    This can only be a Geoff Johns book if WW is struggling with effing Starfire. The only way it would be more obvious it was him is if that the Amazon was struggling with Aquaman
    Where is she struggling?

I know some think that WW should be a stone wall against everyone in the DCU but there's nothing in these panels about struggle and its VERY clear that Diana is not trying to escalate things to a more dangerous place.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 10-04-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

To be fair, Wonder Woman has been jobbing out to Aquaman in animation and comics for a while now and it's not just Johns that is writing this stuff.

Taylor's taken that crown of thorns even if Johns' missteps were more high profile (neck snap & "I deal with my enemies").
    Congratulating himself so much for creating bisexual Superman while disrespecting the mother of bisexual superheroes...smh

Sorry about the Twitter haters, call me when your book's brought up in a moral panic-induced Congressional hearing

Just to be clear, do you mean the aftermath of the neck snap? Because Johns didn't write the neck snap.