Page 126 of 343 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 5136

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Exactly! If only they had better control of that prior to all those bizarre JLA PRIMEVAL type specials began to take it out of bounds
    You don't like JLA Primeval? It's one of the few stories where Wonder Woman's traits are the only thing that saves the entorr Justice League one by one. I find it really heartwarming.

RCO043_1492481346.jpg
    AJ6t_u_4nh-isXRSW30AYbV4lrAKbAt6e0QR9UFonBXvrzc8VI9okIAI4uitKDgJPE80xcfChFHYgnwpbW6fXh7RvsZFiWlL.jpg
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-22-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Creators believing Diana is a golem was how we got "she's not human and needs a father." I'm almost certain Azzarello used the word golem at some point while justifying why Zeus should be her father.

And again, it's a misunderstanding of myth and golems. Golems were literal moving clay.
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39
    Well, it's not accurate in Diana's case. With the clay birth, she is sculpted of clay and that clay is brought to life ( as in flesh and bone. Made human ) by the Goddess (es).... It's the Greek creation story. The story of Galateia.

A golem is an animated mud figure. No brain of its own. Animated and controlled by a spell and it's caster.

So it's basically inaccurate and derogatory.
    Both of you said it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You don't like JLA Primeval? It's one of the few stories where Wonder Woman's traits are the only thing that saves the entorr Justice League one by one. I find it really heartwarming.

RCO043_1492481346.jpg
    AJ6t_u_4nh-isXRSW30AYbV4lrAKbAt6e0QR9UFonBXvrzc8VI9okIAI4uitKDgJPE80xcfChFHYgnwpbW6fXh7RvsZFiWlL.jpg
    Not the event itself so much as the notion that Diana is a walking clay thing animated by magic. Isn't that the one where she leaves mud print on the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Not the event itself so much as the notion that Diana is a walking clay thing animated by magic. Isn't that the one where she leaves mud print on the door?
    I mean, Superman regressing turns him into a literal beast. Aquaman becomes an humanoid fish.

There's no implication that Wonder Woman is made of clay normally

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mean, Superman regressing turns him into a literal beast. Aquaman becomes an humanoid fish.

There's no implication that Wonder Woman is made of clay normally
    Yeah, there's also Waid's JLA (at least I think it's Waid's? Could be Kelly's?) where Diana is also momentarily turned into a statue of clay, but that's because all super-heroes weere being divided into conceptual halves. I don't mind when it's metaphorical.

According to leaks WW's alt-skins in Multiversus are Nubia, the DCAMU costume, and WW84 Golden Eagle armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    According to leaks WW's alt-skins in Multiversus are Nubia, the DCAMU costume, and WW84 Golden Eagle armor.
    I like her DCAMU costume so that's cool to me .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Pre viz WW fights video (it was made for the pre-production of the 1st WW movie): https://www.instagram.com/p/CeEOE28FAK4/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-27-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Pre viz WW fights video (it was made for the pre-production of the 1st WW movie): https://www.instagram.com/p/CeEOE28FAK4/
    As I said on reddit (and challenged lol): I like it, it's a great fight sequence but a little to brutal for WW.

Incredible Member

These two costumes, the default WW 2017 costume, and the Nubia costume are all fire. At least Wonder Woman and Nubia will look great in this game. I haven't played it, but Nakat - a professional esport player - outright stated that Wonder Woman is his favorite character in the game and very fun to play, if that means anything to you.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    As I said on reddit (and challenged lol): I like it, it's a great fight sequence but a little to brutal for WW.
    The fight choreographer went a bit overboard with the stabbings, lol.

The previz video was made when Patty Jenkins was hired to direct the movie, I imagine her reaction after seeing it.

Incredible Member

Does anyone know what issue these photos are from??

https://www.imagebam.com/view/GA4G1A

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Does anyone know what issue these photos are from??

https://www.imagebam.com/view/GA4G1A
    Looks like Meltzer's JL run.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

It's Justice League of America #0 (2006)