Page 48 of 342 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Injustice WW and Superman summarized in three panels lmao:

Very disrespectful to the sacred texts brought to us by Tom Taylor here, Vordan.

There isn't a single reference to her wanting to hump Clark's bones. Completely out of character.

(Damn, this series had some bad art)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Very disrespectful to the sacred texts brought to us by Tom Taylor here, Vordan.

There isn't a single reference to her wanting to hump Clark's bones. Completely out of character.

(Damn, this series had some bad art)
    I've seen so much worse artwork from that book get posted. That's the surprising thing.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I've seen so much worse artwork from that book get posted. That's the surprising thing.
    Yeah, that's one of the things I try to be more lenient on the IJ comics on given it was weekly so you're not really gonna get something like Sharp or Capullo.

Though those trash costumes NRS cooked up certainly don't help.

Yeah, that's one of the things I try to be more lenient on the IJ comics on given it was weekly so you're not really gonna get something like Sharp or Capullo.

Though those trash costumes NRS cooked up certainly don't help.
    You can only polish a turd so much, but it will always be a turd. Nothing can make those costumes look good.
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

When it comes to Diana coming to Mans World, does one prefer to:

A. Debut during WWI/WWII?
    B. Debut in modern times?

And if you prefer her debuting during WWI/II, would you prefer her to stay active throughout or return to Paradise Island for X amount of years before returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

And if you prefer her debuting during WWI/II, would you prefer her to stay active throughout or return to Paradise Island for X amount of years before returning.
    Modern times, Gods and Mortals and Year One show it can be done without the backdrop of major war where the premise of characters like Captain America or the Punisher do rely on that.

Unless you go full alternate history I can't really imagine a scenario where Diana debuts in WW2 and doesn't stay active. I think they only did that on the 70s show was because they switched networks.

Modern times, if only for not creating headaches with Steve and how she left/where she went if there's a gap between WW2 and modern day in her history.

And it lets the JSA not get overshadowed by her in their heyday. I liked Alan being The Hero of his age.
    May we never forget:

Debut during WW1/WW2 id prefer the first one, but the second one is fine too.
    Id say be active throughout for the most part. Just not necesarily active on Earth. During post crisis there was supposed to have been a ten year span in which she was in outer space. During pre crisis we had a period of years where she lost her powers and operated under the radar. With her also doing a stint traveling dimensions and fighting against evil.

It would be easy enough to establish her as having started out at a point in the distant past and her activity over the decades being broken up with periods of absence not because she retired, but because of extenuating circumstances or a pressing need which found her elsewhere aiding those in need.

Im fond of this approach because it would add some weight to her rogues galleries legacy villains. With one being able to establish that X villain was a big deal Wonder Woman had to contend with during Y period in her life while also making her immortal foes enemies who have a stronger connection due to having been opposing her for so long.

Questions like 'Giganta: Gorilla or scientist?' could be handwaved aside by simply establishing she had that gorilla nemesis back in the day and the scientist is a more recent foe.

Modern Times.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Modern times. It simplifies everything.

ETA: And Steve and Etta can always be a part of her cast.
    Last edited by Largo161; 08-02-2021 at 08:22 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Modern time easily. Makes things easier, shoe-horning her into a World War doesn't add anything really worth-while to her aside from meaningless lip-service about being the 'first' hero, and just better for her character development overall.

Hell, I made a whole thread about how much I dislike putting her in the World Wars.

I'm perfectly fine with Diana arriving in the present, in an era where women's rights aren't as clear cut as they were in WW1. I like the idea that Diana's "feminist" agenda isn't just about equality, it's about challenging women and men to be Renaissance people: daring, adventurous, creative and with a wide range of interests.

But for me the best part about Diana being active since the 20th century is that we can one day see her in the 70s. I really want Diana in the midst of the glam rock androgynous, tranvestite, queer community with figures like Ziggy Stardust, Divine, Prince, etc

Modern times. Otherwise you’re just repeating yourself by having Diana have to rediscover Man’s World twice, and her bailing on Man’s World doesn’t look very good.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think I prefer modern times. With her debuting during a world war I can't see how she wouldn't become completely caught up in trying to stop it completely, rather than just intervening occasionally. I can see how a Diana who debuts during either war would spend all of her time trying to stop it, and then also involved in the fallout and preventing the next conflict. Essentially if you introduce Diana specifically into the context of WW1 or WW2, or *because* of that context, I believe you kind of have to follow through with it beyond it just being a period backdrop for adventuring if you're going to be true to the character.

The benefit of introducing Diana into "modern times" or, rather, introducing her without the stimulus of a real World War is that she then comes in to a much less specific real-world context where her mission is much more diffuse. Instead, she's usually introduced because of something more fantastical (like stopping Ares during post-crisis, or Year One). I find it easier to buy that a Diana who comes to Man's World to stop Ares would then have a mission that could go in lots of different directions to curb his influence on the world.

I still personally find it hard to accept that we don't see her engage in much more conflict-intervention and prevention around the world on the regular, but I find it easier to accept that if she isn't specifically brought in to fight in a global military conflict from the outset. The World Wars to me set a precedent for what Diana "should" be doing with her time in a way the modern times debuts do not.

Modern times.

I'll accept WW2 if the story arc isn't about her making a comeback in the modern era.