Page 45 of 341 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If they announce a show and knowing WW's luck, they will most likely do a series where she is the daughter of Zeus, has to abandon her culture in order to run away with Steve who teaches her love and compassion, the Amazons are weak, xenophobic man haters, WW has sex with a possessed man, her villains will be depicted poorly or not at all, the actress keeps getting into controversies by pposting dumb stuff on social media, casual audiences will be left scratching their heads wondering why WW is such a big deal ('she left her island for her a man!') while those of us familiar with the character will be stuck bickering on the side lines.
    If anything, She Ra would be the basis for the Wonder Woman show.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If they announce a show and knowing WW's luck, they will most likely do a series where she is the daughter of Zeus, has to abandon her culture in order to run away with Steve who teaches her love and compassion, the Amazons are weak, xenophobic man haters, WW has sex with a possessed man, her villains will be depicted poorly or not at all, the actress keeps getting into controversies by pposting dumb stuff on social media, casual audiences will be left scratching their heads wondering why WW is such a big deal ('she left her island for her a man!') while those of us familiar with the character will be stuck bickering on the side lines.
    To be honest, the idea of Diana coming to Man's World after meeting Steve is not inherently stupid. Even the movie did it relatively well: she did not fall head over heels in love at first sight with him; she was just set on destroying the threat of Ares (which she knew about before meeting Steve), and protecting the world. Steve crashing on the island was the catalyst and she fell in love with him after they were in London. Also, Diana knew well about love and compassion while living on the Island. Anyway, I know you are joking, but I hope that WB are smarter than that.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This popped up on Tumblr and it was one of my first WW comic issues that I love till this day

Ohh!! I remember how frustrated I was when Ororo beat Diana in the main crossover.
    That issue, Ororo Wonder Woman was amazing! I had forgotten that it was written by Byrne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Ohh!! I remember how frustrated I was when Ororo beat Diana in the main crossover.
    That issue, Ororo Wonder Woman was amazing! I had forgotten that it was written by Byrne.
    It was a popularity contest at the height of the X-men, no surprise there.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    It was a popularity contest at the height of the X-men, no surprise there.
    Honestly WW can't catch a break. Somebody had to lose. As you know DC did not allow Superman and Batman to lose their battle. So who do you think they threw under the bus as usual? Sigh. The trackrecord is so bad for Wondy. She is treated so poorly more often than not by her own label.

At least it turned out great and probably one of my first introductions to Wonder Woman as a child.

Other than that....I often think about how WW would have changed in the media if JL: Mortal had gotten made. It featured WW vs. Superman, WW punching Batman, though of course Supes gets the best of her and they give the neck snap to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    At least it turned out great and probably one of my first introductions to Wonder Woman as a child.

Other than that....I often think about how WW would have changed in the media if JL: Mortal had gotten made. It featured WW vs. Superman, WW punching Batman, though of course Supes gets the best of her and they give the neck snap to Batman.
    Now knowing that, boy am I glad they didn't do it.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I can't really say anything that's come out of the JL: Mortal has made me interested in it.

Though I'm very much pro-pawning off Max Lord on Batman.

It was a definitely an interesting twist to have WW have a kill no code. But she does appear to get some good hits in, she punches Superman to outerspace.

Just a look at all the failed WWs. I've watched all of the pilots and all were cringe but always interesting to see what couldve been.

Interesting that WW is able to fly in the 1967 pilot and is 28 millions years old...
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-22-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Let's not sell Storm short.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Personally, Justice League: Mortal never sounded appealing to me exactly because of this. They took Sacrifice--where Wonder Woman holds her own against Superman, makes the choice to kill Max Lord, and was in many ways the central figure of the story--and made her a side character. A casualty in Superman and Batman's loveless marriage.
    I know Diana killing Max is a sticking point around here, but I don't believe giving it to Bruce is a solution. And I'd bet you anything where killing Max haunts Diana and is often used to drag her through the mud, Batman killing him would be touted as proof that he can make the hard decisions that soft losers like Superman and Wonder Woman are too afraid to make.

And I have to say it's somewhat staggering to me that Superman beating the piss out of Wonder Woman in a movie was apparently an inevitability no matter what. We almost had it in this. It happens in Snyder's Justice League, and Joss Whedon didn't bother changing it in the theatrical version. Oh, he'll go out of his way (and threaten the actors) to make Flash fall into Diana's cleavage, but having her last more than three seconds against Superman was a bridge too far.

I would love to know who in Warner really thought, upon finally seeing Wonder Woman in live action in a movie for the first time, we needed Superman promptly putting her in her place.
    "Hey, happy to finally see Wonder Woman? Did you like how uplifting and empowering she was in her movie? WELL, enjoy waching get smashed into the ground by Superman because pecking order!"

Yare yare daze.

Yeah, the fight was weak. Giving Storm credit, I would never say she can't possibly defeat Wonder Woman. But in two pages with a single lightning bolt? Come on.

Something that bothered me about the Amalgam story was it was less a fusion of Storm and Wonder Woman and more "What if Ororo was raised on Themyscira?"
    Which wouldn't be a problem except the answer they offered was: "She would've become Wonder Woman, and Diana would be a jealous, petty bitch about the whole thing."

Like Diana getting chumped by Storm is bad enough, but making her the Vegeta to Ororo's Goku feels like rubbing salt on the wound.

JL: Mortals, even back when it was first announced, sounded like Civil War or Age of Ultron with none of the build up necessary to make the emotional beats work but folks were so desperate for to see their favorites on screen, they were willing to accept George Miller just throwing those characters on screen without setting a strong foundation first. If that project had gone through, we would probably be dealing with another Snyderverse style mess but probably less toxic because the social media was different back then.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    To be honest, the idea of Diana coming to Man's World after meeting Steve is not inherently stupid. Even the movie did it relatively well: she did not fall head over heels in love at first sight with him; she was just set on destroying the threat of Ares (which she knew about before meeting Steve), and protecting the world. Steve crashing on the island was the catalyst and she fell in love with him after they were in London. Also, Diana knew well about love and compassion while living on the Island. Anyway, I know you are joking, but I hope that WB are smarter than that.
    Anytime I step out of the bubble that is this forum, it's been 'dIAna LeFt hEr PeOplE FOR a MAN' with general audiences pointing out how the Amazons played no part in Diana's realization at the end of the film about Man's World and the next film with her spending the entirety of it pining for Steve. Compared to the comics, the movies did the Amazons a disservice (aside from casting actual athletes and stunt women as Amazons) and they cut out the contest.....again. Now they can't adapt the contest without being accused of ripping off Black Panther. They also gave Phillipus role to Antiope.

The movie was serviceable but it could have been a lot better.

People said Aquaman ripped off Black Panther and people will say Namor is a rip off of Aquaman, but that didn’t matter at all for Arthur’s billion dollar box office and I doubt it will affect BP2. If they want to do the contest they can do it, not like BP invented the concept of “fighting tournament”

If there are women involved in creating the show from the ground up, then perhaps they’d go with the classic origin, but I expect the execs would want the Zeus tie because Diana’s parentage is something that pretty much all the other forms of WW media have synergized on.

The thing to remember about JL is: they had no f****** clue the WW movie would be a success, it was assumed BvS was going to be a massive success and Batman would be the star character of the DCEU. Superman was going to be the big villain alongside Darkseid so Snyder was going to show why him turning would basically assure Darkseid of success. Yes Snyder’s an idiot, but nobody saw Batman and Superman being hated and mocked while WW was the sole breakout star. Nobody saw a world where WW, Aquaman, and Shazam were more successful than Batman and Superman. Not excusing anything, you all know how much I despise Snyder and his creative choices, but my point is the decision to have Supes beat Wondy came before her movie released and she was a huge hit. If another JL movie gets made, I’m sure she will be given much more respect (not that I ever expect another JL movie to get made anytime soon).

For what it’s worth I’d happily have DCEU Superman and Batman killed off and have Diana as the sole leader of a new JL. Hell that’s pretty much what’s going to happen if the rumors about Affleck and Cavill getting erased are correct.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/