Page 101 of 341 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5106

I just want a movie with Circe as the Big Bad. Hoping she’s that for the game but I’ll take either of those stories as a movie since she’s the main villain in both.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I'm surprised of mnyself. Not long ago i wrote let's hope WW is not thrown under the bus again by her own label and here we are. People better be prepare for 2022. Because if 2021 in her 80th aniverssary she was still given so much #####. I can't imagine what 2022 will give us. DC and WB will never ever treat WW with respect. It's time we accept that. These sexists just don't care.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    AND ANOTHER THING...because I'm still stewing about this....

How the hell did Hal know that would even work?
    For arguments sake, let's say this loophole with the Lasso flies...what that implies is Vampire Hal (or whoever is controlling him) understands the Lasso's power and how it works better than Diana herself.

I'm saying it: this was a burial on par with DCeased's one-punch death. They did Diana dirty here.
    And we still got nine more issues of this crap.

And we haven't even gotten to the ''best'' part yet. Which will be when vampire WW is seen jobbing to SM or somebody else. Because when other characters go evil. Like SM and such. They still get a moment of showing themselves as a big threat. While WW is usually the jobber. A jobber when she is good fighting a friend that turned evil. And a jobber when fighting a friend after she turns evil. Sigh.

Well then why don’t you Gail? She does this teasing every month or so on all the books she wants to do and it feels like she’s just fishing for likes and retweets. Waid’s back at DC despite being editor of Humanoids, I doubt they’d turn Gail away if she actually seriously wanted to come back. Sorry just irritated because Gail teased wanting to do a few projects I wanted to see and nothing came of them, so I’m a bit miffed at her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well then why don’t you Gail? She does this teasing every month or so on all the books she wants to do and it feels like she’s just fishing for likes and retweets. Waid’s back at DC despite being editor of Humanoids, I doubt they’d turn Gail away if she actually seriously wanted to come back. Sorry just irritated because Gail teased wanting to do a few projects I wanted to see and nothing came of them, so I’m a bit miffed at her.
    It sounds more to me like she knows an editor will just say no to the book so she's trying to crowd source some interest to back her pitch.

The comic industry is a hustle and you gotta play the game if you want the work.

It'd be like me walking into the office and pitching a space epic with Maxima or something. If I'm lucky, they will be polite and hear the pitch before saying no. If I'm a name writer, they will probably be polite.

If I floated the idea by their customers got like 50k likes, they may ask be for my plans. Likewise having a hot artist attached or some other facet I can use to try and prove the book will have an audience.

I'm not saying 50k is the magic number or if it even would influence the decision, but at the very least, it's better than going in with nothing.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-28-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

And what's even more annoying is Wonder Woman told the JL that Batman killed Barry, which is a lie, with the lasso touching her. And she'll presumably lie a great deal more to cover up being a vampire unless -plot twist- she's faking it which *fingers crossed* I really hope so.

Yeah, seems to come up every so often I think you could make a list of project she wants to do. I imagine it's what Robanker said on DC just not being interested most of the time or wanting her on something else.

She brought up a few weeks back apparently DC had a policy for a longtime of not letting writers on their favorite/dream book.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Soon as I saw that I came here for the fireworks
    Does that mean you agree with the nerfing of Wonder Woman's lasso?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, seems to come up every so often I think you could make a list of project she wants to do. I imagine it's what Robanker said on DC just not being interested most of the time or wanting her on something else.

She brought up a few weeks back apparently DC had a policy for a longtime of not letting writers on their favorite/dream book.
    I can kind of see the logic of that policy. Most writers just want to do Batman and won’t even touch any of the other characters if they could just go straight to Batman. Forcing them to work for it means you can get a bunch of work out of them which might result in good stories for characters they otherwise would never touch. But it’s a bad policy to never let them try their hand at writing their favorite characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Does that mean you agree with the nerfing of Wonder Woman's lasso?
    No. Means I knew as soon as I saw that it would anger this forum for good reason. That was dumb and I can think of a couple better ways to handle it from having Zatanna sneak up behind Diana while she’s focused on Hal, to Hal pretending to be lassoed up but actually using the ring to create a super thin aura that keeps the lasso from actually touching him, to Hal having undergone some magical rite with the Vampire King and Zatanna’s help that reverses the lassos power when Diana attacks him. Not a fan of writers trying to weasel their way out of the lasso’s power with “welllll technically it wasn’t a lie” but I also went in expecting everyone to job except Batman so I was more amused than angered.

Didn't Wonder Woman do well against vampires in Convergence: Wonder Woman?
    The J-man

I just want a movie with Circe as the Big Bad. Hoping she’s that for the game but I’ll take either of those stories as a movie since she’s the main villain in both.
    I think there's a story there, worth telling.

I am not sure where the narrative center of gravity is, for a Circe movie. Basically, she wants to punish mankind, for condemning her and chasing her into Hell, after she had been a healer, all her life, and a celebrated princess. So, ..I guess Wonder Woman has to throw herself in the path of some big, mystical attack on the world, even if Circe deserves her revenge - sort of makes Diana, a super-cop.

Beyond that, I don't really see what interest they would have, in each other. I don't see where it gets personal, between them...archy? In the Golden Age, it was the Amazons, Hippolyta, specifically, who banished her to the farthest star, from Earth - Sorca. That would make Circe's enmity, with Diana, much like Superman's, with General Zod. I suppose a good writer could retcon the Amazons into a similar backstory, for Diana's thing, against Circe.

https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...der-woman.html
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-29-2021 at 01:00 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

You act like she's the one who greenlights books lol. She can want something all day, it has to be greenlit by DC first.

I can kind of see the logic of that policy. Most writers just want to do Batman and won’t even touch any of the other characters if they could just go straight to Batman. Forcing them to work for it means you can get a bunch of work out of them which might result in good stories for characters they otherwise would never touch. But it’s a bad policy to never let them try their hand at writing their favorite characters.
    Yeah, apparently the reasoning being they thought once they get their dream book they'll peace out to Marvel or the indies.

Hers was apparently a Captain Marvel book but I imagine Johns probably had something to do with that also since he had that character in his death grip. Think that's why Waid never did anything with a Superman ongoing.

DC vs Vampires: The Lasso of Truth not being helpful at all? I wish I could be shock...or feel anything...

I'm not even angry, just...(is it disappointed?) Yeah, it's disappointed. I'm disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    And what's even more annoying is Wonder Woman told the JL that Batman killed Barry, which is a lie, with the lasso touching her. And she'll presumably lie a great deal more to cover up being a vampire unless -plot twist- she's faking it which *fingers crossed* I really hope so.
    Man, I hope so too.

But I feel like the mood of this comic is "popcorn flick" where the draw factor is just watching JL members get horribly murdered or turned into vampires.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 12-29-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~