Page 103 of 346 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5178

Anyone know of any good WW fanfics?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Anyone know of any good WW fanfics?
    Mine!
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/33...pters/82798888

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It’s odd. So far just about everyone in the series has been written as pretty much written as a jackass except for oddly Diana and the Amazons, so far at least. She’s last seen in the issue going off to find Supergirl and hopes to stop the war.

It’s still Taylor so I expect something awful and/or dumb re: Diana to happen (probably some dumb “girl power” moment with Harley).

The Black Lightning in this story is a complete idiot in this story though.
    I've been seeing speculation Zara isn't really herself and someone is impersonating or controlling her. Either way, I'm wagering Diana tries reason or attempts to stop her herself and gets put down. I'm sure her being in love with Supergirl will play a part in her downfall.
    Then the mastermind behind it all will use her death to provoke the Amazons into fighting and blah-blah-blah. Seems everyone in this story is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Whatever the case, I'd be shocked if Diana doesn't get dropped soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I've been seeing speculation Zara isn't really herself and someone is impersonating or controlling her. Either way, I'm wagering Diana tries reason or attempts to stop her herself and gets put down. I'm sure her being in love with Supergirl will play a part in her downfall.
    Then the mastermind behind it all will use her death to provoke the Amazons into fighting and blah-blah-blah. Seems everyone in this story is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Whatever the case, I'd be shocked if Diana doesn't get dropped soon.
    There's an unnamed GL running around, so that might have something do with it.

Though at the moment it's kind of hilarious Taylor wanted all these good will points for having Wonder Woman kiss another woman...and, at the moment at least, the other woman is a complete nutjob. lol.

Haters gonna hate but the power of Wonderbat just restored the Multiverse:

DCAU Wonder Woman garbage as ever. Expected nothing, got even less.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

DCAU Wonder Woman garbage as ever. Expected nothing, got even less.
    I don't want to touch a comic based on DCAU. So can you please tell me how bad she was in the story. I don't think i can be surprised. That universe has never been good to WW.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 01-06-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    ItÂ’s odd. So far just about everyone in the series has been written as pretty much written as a jackass except for oddly Diana and the Amazons, so far at least. SheÂ’s last seen in the issue going off to find Supergirl and hopes to stop the war.

It’s still Taylor so I expect something awful and/or dumb re: Diana to happen (probably some dumb “girl power” moment with Harley).

The Black Lightning in this story is a complete idiot in this story though.
    I don’t know if this is fair, but I feel equally insulted that everyone else has to be a moron or un-empathetic for Diana to not be either of those things. XD
    (I mean, except Harley of corse, who is always the voice of reason in every Taylor story )

-

Also Hippolyta’s reason for siding with Black Lightning’s kingdom is just, “because the Amazons always have”. Like…wut? What does that mean?
    The Amazons are supposed to bring peace, not just side with people when they don’t know the full story. Does Hippolyta know the Kal’s are kidnapping metas? (I seriously can’t remember).
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

I don’t know if this is fair, but I feel equally insulted that everyone else has to be a moron or un-empathetic for Diana to not be either of those things. XD
    (I mean, except Harley of corse, who is always the voice of reason in every Taylor story )

-

Also Hippolyta’s reason for siding with Black Lightning’s kingdom is just, “because the Amazons always have”. Like…wut? What does that mean?
    The Amazons are supposed to bring peace, not just side with people when they don’t know the full story. Does Hippolyta know the Kal’s are kidnapping metas? (I seriously can’t remember).
    Oh, don't get me wrong her portrayal here is nothing special and I don't expect good things from the remainder of the series.

Just that Taylor is the worst Wonder Woman writer, so my expectations were at the bottom of what to expect from Diana and the Amazons. She currently isn't the worse thing in the story given the Els seem to be self-appointed jackass god-kings, BL is a moron, and Batman, Constantine, and Harley are the usual black holes of entertainment they usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Wow. I had heard of what trash the DCAU was in regard to Diana, but this exceeded all my expectations. It is as cringe-inducing as I anticipated and then some...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Haters gonna hate but the power of Wonderbat just restored the Multiverse:

More like the power of a Real Man saved the poor damsel distress along with the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

-

I’ll throw Taylor a bone here: since this is an Elseworld the Amazons are whatever he says they are, especially given everyone else is pretty radically different (Kal was raised by Jor and Lara, Bruce is Kal’s half brother and a Kryptonian, Ollie assassinates people, etc). In this case they seem to just be another kingdom of all women that forbids men from stepping foot in their land. So far while they’re not anything great, they haven’t been utterly awful either. Not that I care if you want to bash Taylor lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Wonder Woman and Green Lantern is a more interesting pairing anyway
    I’ve always thought Hal Jordan and Steve Trevor were kind of similar.