Page 105 of 334 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5007

I'll wait and see what Williamson is cooking before passing judgement even though DC's track record doesn't inspire much confidence.

I would say the JL isn't good for any member of the Trinity (though more so with Diana than any Superman and Batman):

-Superman: Frequently turned into a jobber so other characters can contribute. Or treated like a naive sap and is only nominally leader and never in action.

-Batman: turned into a paranoid nut job in order to make him fit the League when in his solo comics he is supposed to be just a noir themed detective in a bat suit.

-Wonder Woman: treated like a female Superman, jobber, Superman's baby mama, very little of her mythology makes it in (frequently in unflattering ways), written like a succubus for evil Superman or a fangirl for Batman.

Having read a lot of JL comics from the 70's all the way up to the end of the Detroit era plus being a fan of the JLA: Year One, I think Flash and GL should be the 'heart' of the JL team and should be at the center of running the team, not the Trinity, who should be off in their own corners of the DCU or running their own teams: Batman with the Outsiders, Superman with the Legion or the Superman Squad and Wonder Woman with the Holiday Girls and Justice League Dark.
    Last edited by John Venus; 01-26-2022 at 05:11 PM.

As I recall wasnt one of the future state stories establishing some mysterious event wherin the Justice League wound up being disbanded only for a later generation to pick up the mantle?

A Mortal Kombat fan from Twitter suggested some Halloween skin ideas for a possible MK12. These include Kitana as Wonder Woman and Jade as either Nubia or Talia al Ghul.

https://twitter.com/oblivious_z/stat...84764714131460
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-20-2022 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This and Trial has me now suspecting the main book will pretty much become the Yara Flor Show now when that's over.

Really kind of undercuts both Trial and Cloonan/Conrad's run at the moment for me if I'm being honest if that's what it's all leading to.
    You mean the main Wonder Woman book?
    Ugh. Why would they replace Diana in her own solo book with the dullest, most generic character to "grace" the WW mythos in a long time? I truly hope this does not happen....

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Ugh. Why would they replace Diana in her own solo book with the dullest, most generic character to "grace" the WW mythos in a long time? I truly hope this does not happen....
    What's generic about Yara compared to the rest of the Wonder Family. I love Cassie, I can see potential in Nubia, and I appreciate Donna, but in terms of mythos and characterization, they don't really stand out all that much.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What's generic about Yara compared to the rest of the Wonder Family. I love Cassie, I can see potential in Nubia, and I appreciate Donna, but in terms of mythos and characterization, they don't really stand out all that much.
    Conversely, what is so great about Yara that they might make her the main focus of a Wonder Woman monthly instead of, I don't know, Diana?

There is room for all of them. There is no need to pit them against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Conversely, what is so great about Yara that they might make her the main focus of a Wonder Woman monthly instead of, I don't know, Diana?
    All of these theories are based on nothing aside form speculation. I've refrained from commenting until someone at DC says anything about replacing Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Hopefully, this whole thing is indeed speculation and fanboy theories. I know that legacy characters is a common trope/gimmick in comic books, but I personally have no interest whatsoever in buying a comic named "Wonder Woman" in which the title character is not Diana.

I find it fun to speculate and theory guess but unless that justice league thing will be a few weeks thing if that and wont affect most books.
    Their making an 'Aquamen' book coming out in a few months where the core premise is the two Aquamans are a team.
    Flash currently has a book about how he has a family again and such. Which has only been going for a few months at that.

More relevant to us, the current writers have been building up a focus Wonder Womans interactions with other people and her supporting cast. I simply don't see them building up all of this when they have talked about further plans for these characters, and their interactions with Diana. This wont be like the Batwoman show where they tried replacing the lead character and expected the supporting cast to somehow all maintain the same relevence.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    The writer of Action Comics has said this won't effect his stories for Clark and as Fuzzy Mittens brought up DC is launching an Aquamen book at the moment with Arthur as a co-lead. So I would hope that means the same is true for WW.

But yeah, otherwise I'm with you I wouldn't be interested in a Yara Flor-led, or even co-lead, based on her current resume.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-20-2022 at 07:07 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'll wait and see what Williamson is cooking before passing judgement even though DC's track record doesn't inspire much confidence.

I would say the JL isn't good for any member of the Trinity (though more so with Diana than any Superman and Batman):

-Superman: Frequently turned into a jobber so other characters can contribute. Or treated like a naive sap and is only nominally leader and never in action.

-Batman: turned into a paranoid nut job in order to make him fit the League when in his solo comics he is supposed to be just a noir themed detective in a bat suit.

-Wonder Woman: treated like a female Superman, jobber, Superman's baby mama, very little of her mythology makes it in (frequently in unflattering ways), written like a succubus for evil Superman or a fangirl for Batman.

Having read a lot of JL comics from the 70's all the way up to the end of the Detroit era plus being a fan of the JLA: Year One, I think Flash and GL should be the 'heart' of the JL team and should be at the center of running the team, not the Trinity, who should be off in their own corners of the DCU or running their own teams: Batman with the Outsiders, Superman with the Legion or the Superman Squad and Wonder Woman with the Holiday Girls.
    Agreed. I like the Trinity in their own respective books outside of the JL proper. I did like Diana in the JL Dark though. Was bummed when it became a backup to the main JL book.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Well looks like we're about to have a good ole superhero vs superhero in the vampire comic
    Last edited by Jabare; 01-25-2022 at 09:47 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Agreed. I like the Trinity in their own respective books outside of the JL proper. I did like Diana in the JL Dark though. Was bummed when it became a backup to the main JL book.
    I forgot about JLD. I would love it if it became a tertiary WW title as well.