Page 107 of 346 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 5178

Quote Originally Posted by rubyruby View Post
    It is just that your acting is shaky. It was a pretty boring movie and the ending was nonsense but a little forced because bringing back this franchise demands three movies and two sequels and they had to do this for money I suppose. It just didn't make sense and how literally everyone in the world did not find this land in seconds. Also can you look at the Wonder Woman comic books and respect those just a little?
    Truthfully, RubyRuby, I still don't know what WW84 was about or intended to accomplish. I don't even think it was a good Steve-Diana story, as a romantic adventure fantasy. KRULL and GHOST and even the first WW film (2017)are good romantic adventures, that put lovers, in the middle of a story - WW84 doesn't come close to either of these films, in what it does, with Steve and Diana.

I am looking, at the comic. I think the creative team needs time to accomplish, what they have said (in interviews), they want to, ..and I'm giving them time.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

So it is canon that Diana is in the patriarcal world since WWII?

Last edited by Sebastianne; 02-04-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    So it is canon that Diana is in the patriarcal world since WWII?

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    So where we ranking this in terms of alt universe Wonder Women:

Well I’m ranking it on “shut-up and take my money DC”. This is the best idea they’ve had in decades.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Honestly, DC's approach to Diana in World War II seems more like an effort to have their cake and eat it, too.

She's in WWII but they won't bother explaining how Steve Trevor's alive. I'm pretty sure Barbara and Etta are still canonically among Diana's first friends in the Man's World, but they're still alive. For that matter, is Cheetah hundreds of years old now, too? I'll grant becoming cursed could make her immortal as well, but that seems like something that should be clarified. Is Priscilla Rich canon?

We're led to believe the outfit she wears now is the outfit she left Themyscira in, but with the exception of the page posted above, whenever they show a flashback of WWII, she's dressed like she did in the Golden Age. Isn't there lore behind Diana's armor? Did the Amazons insist she wear a pleated skirt so as not to offend the sensibilities of the 40's, but somewhere along the way decided she should return to her roots and wear something more Greek?

It's so stupid and unnecessary.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

These things are like winks to the audience. Should someone be interested in actually exploring them, they could come up with multiple reasons why Steve/Etta werent there back in the past.

Ill go with my own headcanon of Steves grandmother crashing on PI, taking Diana back with her and giving Diana something a bit more "american" to wear before she decides that it isnt for her and changes into her Amazon gear. Its easy to explain any of it away but once again...no one is really going to bother with her origin anytime soon in this "everything is in continuity" phase DC is in.

It's left ambigiously enough that they could go either way. Diana could be in WW2 but it could also be any war set about any part of Eastern Europe.

It could also just be a reference to past canon when WW was in WW2 since everything is canon now.

Both One-Star Squadron and that other comic (I’m guessing it’s Sensational WW?) are of dubious canon. Right now it’s “all” canon, so some writers can say Diana is from WWII and others can still treat Rucka’s origin as being her canon beginning.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Both One-Star Squadron and that other comic (I’m guessing it’s Sensational WW?) are of dubious canon. Right now it’s “all” canon, so some writers can say Diana is from WWII and others can still treat Rucka’s origin as being her canon beginning.
    Basically every title operates more like an fan fic on ff.net than a functional shared universe. Some of them are connected, some of them aren't, some of them references canon, others don't and end up going off on their own tangent. In some stories, the characters are in-character but in others they are not.

Diana's skincare routine is called "Olympian lineage" (although I prefer "goddesses' gifts"...)

Somewhat good(ish) news...apparently the bockety Death of Justice League story no one asked for takes place "a bit in the future."

So even though Diana's stuck in another crummy team story, it seems it will be self-contained to the League book(s) and won't effect her solo title after all. Maybe this will change as it leads into the next Crisis that no one asked for, but at least for now, it won't spill over onto Wonder Woman's corner of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Somewhat good(ish) news...apparently the bockety Death of Justice League story no one asked for takes place "a bit in the future."

So even though Diana's stuck in another crummy team story, it seems it will be self-contained to the League book(s) and won't effect her solo title after all. Maybe this will change as it leads into the next Crisis that no one asked for, but at least for now, it won't spill over onto Wonder Woman's corner of the universe.
    Yeah, that's all I needed to hear about that story. Hoping this means the current solo book remains Diana-centered.

JL book will probably turn into the legacy kids from FS but that will be Yara's albatross
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-08-2022 at 06:37 PM.

It would be one thing if Yara was an immensely successful characters whose earned her stripes instead of a corporate made character being pushed on us. DC has a real "you'll eat your veggies and you'll like it' attitude when it comes to pushing characters and I really wish they would just drop it.