Page 109 of 346 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 5178
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She kind of did with Wonder Woman 1984. Seriously I was watching a Watch Mojo video of the yearly worst financial disasters since 2000 and it was on the list. It's not difficult to see a scenario where an adaption of Earth One would work better.
    84 was nowhere near B&R lol. B&R was very over the top camp while 84 just had a weak story that needed tightening up.

Even BO, WW was at the start of the pandemic w/no vaccines. It was #1 or #2 in video sales though. It made good bank.

Batman and Robin still performed well at the BO w/budget of $125 and BO of $238

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    84 was nowhere near B&R lol. B&R was very over the top camp while 84 just had a weak story that needed tightening up.

Even BO, WW was at the start of the pandemic w/no vaccines. It was #1 or #2 in video sales though. It made good bank.

Batman and Robin still performed well at the BO w/budget of $125 and BO of $238
    I was really surprised to see it on the WatchMojo list too. I think they were just taking critical reception into account because the movie actually did a lot better than several movies in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I was really surprised to see it on the WatchMojo list too. I think they were just taking critical reception into account because the movie actually did a lot better than several movies in 2021.
    Yeah I was surprised too, it was much better than the original, but then I'm a fan of the tv show so the campier elements were okay for me.

"Wonder Woman" showed up in the season finale of Peacemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "Wonder Woman" showed up in the season finale of Peacemaker.
    I don't consume anything from the DCEU except some movies, but I'm curious about this, is it a cameo? Are they scenes from the JL movie or something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I don't consume anything from the DCEU except some movies, but I'm curious about this, is it a cameo? Are they scenes from the JL movie or something new?
    WW or Superman stay in silhouette and they don’t say anything, similar to the ending of Shazam. Only Ezra Flash and Momoa Aquaman get lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Cameos. Like Gaius said, body doubles for WW/SM. They stay in the shadows. Flash was filmed on GotG3 set and im guessing Aquaman during filming of his movie?

Random opinions on Steve Orlando's last run:

Coming off Scott Snyder's JL run and the prior issues with Cheetah...it really didn't seem like she was trying to kill Gods for Diana's benefit, but I guess we're back to sympathetic Cheetah now.

Take a shot every time the word "truth" is uttered in a Steve Orlando issue. I don't think you'll be able to stay conscious by the fifth issue.

Also just a lot of righteous speechifying. Like, okay, I get Diana is a strongly opinionated person who likes to teach people but sometimes it could be a little too much. It's like there was a speech or diatribe on Diana's way of life every page. We get it Diana.

Kind of an interesting approach emphasizing that Diana's morality and ethics doesn't always coincide with how justice works in Man's World (if only so a female warrior could go out fighting to balance out killing a man).

Steve really came off like a trigger-happy government stooge in the Paula annual. Does Orlando not like Steve? He hasn't really written him much. But hey, Diana vs. Grodd!

Lesbian Maxima is good for a Lesbian Liberation story but isn't as fun as old Maxima.

I guess the only story you can ultimately tell with Paula Von Gunther is a redemption story. Which was kind of a bummer if only because he went to all that trouble to come up with a relatively believable modern day Paula (we were totally just using the Nazi's!) and then she's redeemed by the end of it so we have one less major WW female villain. And her design was sick too.

Although I was kind of surprised she chose Themysciran justice instead of Man's World justice not knowing ahead of time that she would not be treated as a prisoner on Themyscira. I was thinking to myself what crimes she would have to answer for on Man's World but I guess she was working with Leviathan and sicced the Horsewomen on Donna and the civilians she was protecting. I mean, you give anyone an option that doesn't involve jail time...

I was disappointed Diana never fought all four Horsewomen at the same time like the cover indicated. Although it was nice to see Donna get a moment.

I feel like Orlando really wanted to just straight-up ignore the New 52 origin for Donna but he just couldn't and tried to write around it as much as he could.

Really felt like Cassie was missing from the big reunion of Wonder Women and Diana's reconciliation tour.

Why was Phantom Stranger acting like The Spectre? Probably the most OCC thing in Orlando's entire run. I guess he was just running off the New 52 Phantom Stranger? Or he needed Diana to fight some kind of heavenly body and PS was the best he could get.

The Bana and Themyscirans are really salty with each other. Then again it's not like Orlando really justifies the Themysciran devotion to the Patrons and Diana's pretty much done with them by the first few issues. At least the Themyscirans are mastering wi-fi and telepathic communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Cameos. Like Gaius said, body doubles for WW/SM. They stay in the shadows. Flash was filmed on GotG3 set and im guessing Aquaman during filming of his movie?
    Missed opportunity. I knew that there would be cameos, and I was hoping that Gadot's Diana would interact with Peacemaker. Both of their missions have to do with obtaining peace, but their wildly differing methods could be a great way to create some cool conversations between the characters. What we got was just a body double holding the sword and shield and posing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Random opinions on Steve Orlando's last run...Kind of an interesting approach emphasizing that Diana's morality and ethics doesn't always coincide with how justice works in Man's World (if only so a female warrior could go out fighting to balance out killing a man).

Steve really came off like a trigger-happy government stooge in the Paula annual. Does Orlando not like Steve? He hasn't really written him much. But hey, Diana vs. Grodd!

Lesbian Maxima is good for a Lesbian Liberation story but isn't as fun as old Maxima.

I guess the only story you can ultimately tell with Paula Von Gunther is a redemption story. Which was kind of a bummer if only because he went to all that trouble to come up with a relatively believable modern day Paula (we were totally just using the Nazi's!) and then she's redeemed by the end of it so we have one less major WW female villain. And her design was sick too.

Although I was kind of surprised she chose Themysciran justice instead of Man's World justice not knowing ahead of time that she would not be treated as a prisoner on Themyscira. I was thinking to myself what crimes she would have to answer for on Man's World but I guess she was working with Leviathan and sicced the Horsewomen on Donna and the civilians she was protecting. I mean, you give anyone an option that doesn't involve jail time...

I was disappointed Diana never fought all four Horsewomen at the same time like the cover indicated. Although it was nice to see Donna get a moment.

I feel like Orlando really wanted to just straight-up ignore the New 52 origin for Donna but he just couldn't and tried to write around it as much as he could.

Really felt like Cassie was missing from the big reunion of Wonder Women and Diana's reconciliation tour.

Why was Phantom Stranger acting like The Spectre? Probably the most OCC thing in Orlando's entire run. I guess he was just running off the New 52 Phantom Stranger? Or he needed Diana to fight some kind of heavenly body and PS was the best he could get.

The Bana and Themyscirans are really salty with each other. Then again it's not like Orlando really justifies the Themysciran devotion to the Patrons and Diana's pretty much done with them by the first few issues. At least the Themyscirans are mastering wi-fi and telepathic communication.
    He gave the comic a cast of sorts: Wonder Woman, Maggie, Col. Steve, Queen Hippolyta, Atlantiades

Orlando even created that ingenious backstory, connecting his new Warmaster and the Von Gunthers to the Valkyries, ..Gundra, specifically. He even branded the new Paula, Warmaster! Why do all of that and turn her good, at the end of the arc? I don't understand that.

Maxima and Prince Jason are straight. Maxima is Superman's Princess Ardala, ..and Prince Jay's a big hoebag. I consider anything I see, to the contrary, as an Elseworlds story.

Wonder Woman lives in fictional, potentially iconic Ocean City, VA.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-18-2022 at 12:56 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Missed opportunity. I knew that there would be cameos, and I was hoping that Gadot's Diana would interact with Peacemaker. Both of their missions have to do with obtaining peace, but their wildly differing methods could be a great way to create some cool conversations between the characters. What we got was just a body double holding the sword and shield and posing.
    Im not disappointed tbh. Flash/Aquaman were used for witty one liners so i dont see WW getting anything substantial. Plus Gal is likely to expensive/busy when they shot it. But i did think her having her shield/sword on hand was stupid and a missed opportunity to have the lasso glowing while she's in the dark.

Random opinions on Steve Orlando's last run:

Coming off Scott Snyder's JL run and the prior issues with Cheetah...it really didn't seem like she was trying to kill Gods for Diana's benefit, but I guess we're back to sympathetic Cheetah now.

Take a shot every time the word "truth" is uttered in a Steve Orlando issue. I don't think you'll be able to stay conscious by the fifth issue.

Also just a lot of righteous speechifying. Like, okay, I get Diana is a strongly opinionated person who likes to teach people but sometimes it could be a little too much. It's like there was a speech or diatribe on Diana's way of life every page. We get it Diana.

Kind of an interesting approach emphasizing that Diana's morality and ethics doesn't always coincide with how justice works in Man's World (if only so a female warrior could go out fighting to balance out killing a man).

Paula is a character doesn't really work nowadays imo, largely because characters like Veronica Cale have made her rather redundant and who also don't have Paula's baggage.

If I had to guess about Phantom Stranger's characterization. I'd say either that's just how Orlando writes him or it's because Spectre was being used in the JL book at the time (which also involved Themyscira).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Paula is a character doesn't really work nowadays imo, largely because characters like Veronica Cale have made her rather redundant and who also don't have Paula's baggage.

If I had to guess about Phantom Stranger's characterization. I'd say either that's just how Orlando writes him or it's because Spectre was being used in the JL book at the time (which also involved Themyscira).
    Paula at least is more of a physical threat than Cale is written as these days.

Paula at least is more of a physical threat than Cale is written as these days.
    Eh, I don't need either to be a physical threat. That's what henchmen/goons are for.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-aqua-m...solicitations/

WONDER WOMAN #787
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD,
    and JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO, WADE VON GRAWBADGER, and PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Variant cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/10/22
    Spinning out of Trial of the Amazons…What lies in the treacherous waters surrounding the island of Themyscira? Wonder Woman takes a deep dive into her culture looking for answers to Altuum's claims of living in paradise before the Amazons ever arrived at the request of the gods. Could the legends told in her childhood all be lies?
    Are they implying the Amazons are colonizers?