Page 11 of 341 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im rewatching the Wonder Woman pilot movie and it just makes me sad how the bullets and bracelets origin has been erased in WWs two greatest introductions to the general audience: Justice League animated series and the movie. It's used in the original animated movie but then Bloodlines has her just stealing everything as she does in the live action movie but adds in her having to defeat Hippolyta.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im rewatching the Wonder Woman pilot movie and it just makes me sad how the bullets and bracelets origin has been erased in WWs two greatest introductions to the general audience: Justice League animated series and the movie. It's used in the original animated movie but then Bloodlines has her just stealing everything as she does in the live action movie but adds in her having to defeat Hippolyta.
    How did she find out her bracelets can block bullets? I think she just randomly did it in the alley saving steve.

I’d have liked to see the movie incorporate it also but in its defense it would have added quite a bit more time to being on Themyscira and we were already there for quite a bit, and they kept the general idea of Diana defying Hippolyta.

The DCAU version is less defendable in my view but that was just one of many poor decisions they made for their version of Diana so unlike the movie it doesn’t have enough good to balance it out/make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The DCAU version is less defendable in my view but that was just one of many poor decisions they made for their version of Diana so unlike the movie it doesn’t have enough good to balance it out/make up for it.
    What else irked you about the character in the DCAU?

edit: wrong thread.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-05-2022 at 08:39 PM.

I think a lot of that is because the modern sensibility somehow cannot imagine a civilization of vastly superior femmes. So super science, super powerful Amazons for whom out greatest weapons and threats are but toys is something TPTB continue to move away from despite its being a hugely important part of the design. It's folly. They should be leaning into the pillars of the design not continuously erase them.

Just about sums up her biggest problem, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just about sums up her biggest problem, I guess.
    It's about the 2017 film, not Wonder Woman 84. I maintain that Wonder Woman 84 was one of the most focussed stories we've had in superhero films. Everything was about the theme and there weren't unecessary subplots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's about the 2017 film, not Wonder Woman 84. I maintain that Wonder Woman 84 was one of the most focussed stories we've had in superhero films. Everything was about the theme and there weren't unecessary subplots.
    I know, I didn't think it had anything to do with WW84 .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Snyder released the original photo Diana was looking for in BvS. It was changed after the setting for WW was updated to WWI

The people from the various different cultures are kind of cool but have to say prefer the one they went with since it doesn't have decapitated heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The people from the various different cultures are kind of cool but have to say prefer the one they went with since it doesn't have decapitated heads.
    Why would all these people be together? I can't think of an explanation for it.

Diana carrying around a bag of heads is effing repulsive.

Incredible Member

Snyder released the original photo Diana was looking for in BvS. It was changed after the setting for WW was updated to WWI
    I honestly have no idea why Snyder has such dedicated fans. Thank God for Jenkins.