Page 115 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 5178
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The main reason why I think a revamped Priscilla Rich would be much cooler than Barbara Minerva is that Priscilla wears the carcass of an animal around her body. There's so much cool stuff you can do with that idea.

The best version of Barbara Minerva is the Geoff Johns take in the new 52. Barbara is such a horrible human being that she took what was supposed to be a neutral/beneficent god, and corrupted it once she gained his power. And that's something I wish woumd be brought to Priscilla Rich.

She wears the skin of a Cheetah spirit she killed and uses it's power for evil. There's so much symbolism there. Hercukes himself is famous for wearing the skin of a beast he killed as proof of his strength.

Oh and please drop the idea of Diana trying to redeem Barbara. Barbara should be a monster, who enjoys inflicting pain on others. And we should do more with the Golden Age idea of her programing others to become monsters like her, without them even knowing.
    I think WW should start out by attempting to redeem Barbara but ultimately seeing that she can't be redeemed.

Imagine the Alex Ross design crossed with this look

Extraordinary Member

The Golden Age of Wonder Woman tales is collected in this beautiful, oversize omnibus series, continuing with stories from the early 1950s in Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5!

Follow the adventures of Wonder Woman in this stunning collection of her classic adventures! Join Wonder Woman as she takes on perilous adventures in the name of justice!

Collects Action Comics #142, Wonder Woman #35-47, and Sensation Comics #90-104.

The main reason why I think a revamped Priscilla Rich would be much cooler than Barbara Minerva is that Priscilla wears the carcass of an animal around her body. There's so much cool stuff you can do with that idea.

The best version of Barbara Minerva is the Geoff Johns take in the new 52. Barbara is such a horrible human being that she took what was supposed to be a neutral/beneficent god, and corrupted it once she gained his power. And that's something I wish woumd be brought to Priscilla Rich.

She wears the skin of a Cheetah spirit she killed and uses it's power for evil. There's so much symbolism there. Hercukes himself is famous for wearing the skin of a beast he killed as proof of his strength.

Oh and please drop the idea of Diana trying to redeem Barbara. Barbara should be a monster, who enjoys inflicting pain on others. And we should do more with the Golden Age idea of her programing others to become monsters like her, without them even knowing.
    I will be honest and say that I would only find it cool if she wore the carcass of Darkseid or one of his sons

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Imagine the Alex Ross design crossed with this look
    This might actually be a good look for a revamp of Deborah Domaine, while Priscilla keeps the Ross look.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I didn't remember how much WW sucked under the hands of ross. Damn he couldn't write her even if his life depended on it. He gave Cheetah a great look. But his Disana sucks big time. She was a pushoever in the whole series.

So...slight spoilers, some speculation...but it looks like when the Justice League "dies" next month, they're actually getting sent to their own personal "ideal" world. And presumably, that will mean Dark Crisis will be partially about getting them back and some of them not wanting to leave their dream world.

WandaVision in other words.

Sooooo...what are we figuring Diana's "perfect world" will look like, and will she be one of the heroes that doesn't want to give it up? And how much you want to wager anything we could come up here will be far more interesting than what Williamson will give her?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So...slight spoilers, some speculation...but it looks like when the Justice League "dies" next month, they're actually getting sent to their own personal "ideal" world. And presumably, that will mean Dark Crisis will be partially about getting them back and some of them not wanting to leave their dream world.

Sooooo...what are we figuring Diana's "perfect world" will look like, and will she be one of the heroes that doesn't want to give it up? And how much you want to wager anything we could come up here will be far more interesting than what Williamson will give her?
    Don't think Williamson's ever written WW in a significant way to get any grasp.

Given I'm presupposed to being negative on most of DC's golden boys when it comes to WW, I would assume he'll have Diana's dream world being fighting perpetually in some Coliseum because "Diana the Slay Queen Warrior Goddess".

Hmm....This is an interesting thought experiment.
    What I IMAGINE Wonder Womans ideal world to be is one wherin she succeeded in her mission. No more war exists across the Earth. Everyone has made peace and there is no more discrimination and intolerance. Understanding and acceptance is universal. The world itself has become a paradise like Themyscira and the Amazons freely roam the world. She was able to get through to her enemies with the likes of Cheetah and Veronica Cale now becoming her close friends and having given up their evil ways having reformed.

As for what I think Williamson will do....
    Well hes not exactly written much of Wonder Woman. Only thing I can recall is a brief scene in Justice League vs Suicide Squad. Which had him using Steve as a focus character for a moment to portray an Eclispo attack from the perspective of a normie.
    So on that note I imagine his vision of Dianas perfect world to be one where shes married to Steve and they have a daughter named Lyta

I suppose a key thing will be if the heroes' "perfect worlds" are individualized to their desires, or if it's a blanket "everything is awesome" Stepford world.
    So far, we've only seen Barry Allen's perfect world, and it's apparently just a vanilla Silver Age. Is that what everyone's getting, or is that just what Barry got?

I agree, Diana's perfect world would look something like what Fuzzy Mittens said. Her mission achieved, peace & tolerance reigns, war is over, her enemies are redeemed, etc. That's what she would really want.
    But I could also see the forces behind it--Pariah, I think--just sticking her in some banal Silver Age like Barry in which she's married to Steve and has a daughter, thinking that's all she needs.

What would be cool is, if it's the latter, Diana senses deep down there's something wrong or that this isn't the world she wants. And maybe she's one of the first heroes to escape her WandaVision world?
    That would actually suit her, given her connection to the Truth. Wouldn't she be the first to recognize her world is false and must be rejected?

But there I go...thinking Wonder Woman will have a relevant part in a DC event....

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

TBT to WW in Smallville

They change things up a bit. Steve crashes on the island, he/Diana crush on one another, Hippolyta takes him back to Mans World and never returns, Diana leaves the island looking for her mother and reconnects with Steve. Diana isnt the only child but youngest.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I didn't remember how much WW sucked under the hands of ross. Damn he couldn't write her even if his life depended on it. He gave Cheetah a great look. But his Disana sucks big time. She was a pushoever in the whole series.
    Sigh. Here too?

Hmmmm, didn't Wonder Woman just get sent to her "perfect world" a few issues ago in her own comic? (and not buy into it for one second)

Was that a build-up to this I wonder.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Yo guys. I was reading a Grant Morrison blogpost which mentioned that the new OMAC has a backstory connected to Paradise Island. This OMAC is a Transmasculine corporate superhero franchise run by a security firm, enhanced and operated by Brother Eye tech. A basic human tank with Organic/tech enhancements that give the already physically powerful OMAC access to Hulk-level strength.

Introduced in the "Superman and the Authority" mini and currently appearing in the fantastic Action Comics run by Philip Kennedy Johnson. Do you think it would be cool to see this character appear in the wonder world? I think there are a lot of cool things here that could add to the Wonderverse.

Last edited by Alpha; 03-06-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Given the kind of pull Morrison has im assuming any backstory he wants for the character will automatically become canon.
    I confess I don't really have an opinion about the newest OMAC. All I know about the character is that their dating the Earth-9 Flash