Page 116 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5178

For one thing, this version of OMAC might show us the implications that Paradise Island might have to the greater world of the DC universe, which I think is really cool. I mean, a whole civilization made of amazons must create various movements and iniciatives, both in support of and against. In this case maybe it's about weaponizing those female ideals.

The fact that it's a technological character tied to the Wonder mythos is also really cool. Plus it's a character that challenges plenty of gender norms, which is something the world of Wonder Woman really needs more of.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm always down for adding to the mythos just as long as it finds a way to the main title

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    For one thing, this version of OMAC might show us the implications that Paradise Island might have to the greater world of the DC universe, which I think is really cool. I mean, a whole civilization made of amazons must create various movements and iniciatives, both in support of and against. In this case maybe it's about weaponizing those female ideals.

The fact that it's a technological character tied to the Wonder mythos is also really cool. Plus it's a character that challenges plenty of gender norms, which is something the world of Wonder Woman really needs more of.
    Im reminded somewhat of Mercy Graves who had been both established to be one of the Bana Amazons and also a cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im reminded somewhat of Mercy Graves who had been both established to be one of the Bana Amazons and also a cyborg
    New52 and Harley Quinn are a crazy thing.

Yo guys. I was reading a Grant Morrison blogpost which mentioned that the new OMAC has a backstory connected to Paradise Island. This OMAC is a Transmasculine corporate superhero franchise run by a security firm, enhanced and operated by Brother Eye tech. A basic human tank with Organic/tech enhancements that give the already physically powerful OMAC access to Hulk-level strength.

Introduced in the "Superman and the Authority" mini and currently appearing in the fantastic Action Comics run by Philip Kennedy Johnson. Do you think it would be cool to see this character appear in the wonder world? I think there are a lot of cool things here that could add to the Wonderverse.

Did they mention how exactly this character is connected to Themyscira?

Nope not yet. I think it's something Grant shared with the current writer of Action Comics so it can be used later on.
    And I'd really love it for that backstory to be revealed asap and for OMAC to enter the Wonderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Oh yeah that's cool, I forgot about her having been an amazon.

The Amazons leaving this realm and Diana giving up WW was truly a crazy time to (not) be alive

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The Amazons leaving this realm and Diana giving up WW was truly a crazy time to (not) be alive

Did any writer ever give an inkling of what the Amazons were doing in that other dimension? I mean, besides the “resting and renewing” …LOL
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Did any writer ever give an inkling of what the Amazons were doing in that other dimension? I mean, besides the “resting and renewing” …LOL
    Lol I wish. Funnily enough the end of the Mod Era brings in Nubia and has WW forget who she is w/The Amazons mysteriously back to save her.

Nope not yet. I think it's something Grant shared with the current writer of Action Comics so it can be used later on.
    And I'd really love it for that backstory to be revealed asap and for OMAC to enter the Wonderverse.
    Thanks! I'd love to see that as well. The possibilities are quite intriguing.

Well, in case we needed any confirmation -rolleyes-

DARK CRISIS #1
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art and cover by DANIEL SAMPERE

Crisis on Infinite Earths. Infinite Crisis. Final Crisis.
    And now…Dark Crisis!
    The epic event years in the making is finally here! Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and the rest of the Justice League are dead. The remaining heroes are left to protect the world from an onslaught of violent attacks by DC’s greatest villains! Can the legacy heroes step out of the shadows of the classic heroes to form a new Justice League? And will that be enough to stop a darkness greater than anything they’ve ever faced from destroying everything?
    Don’t miss out on the first issue of the blockbuster event of the summer!

Reject Williamson mediocrity.

Embrace Dinosaurs

I mean, she isn't even dead, they are all off to their own dimensions. But yes, I see the redundancy.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Embrace Dinosaurs

This book is ripe for a "clever girl" reference, heh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Embrace Dinosaurs

Is the GL Dino giving us the finger? I guess that confirms it's a Dino Guy Gardner.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.