Page 12 of 342 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Removed by poster.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-28-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Diana carrying around a bag of heads is effing repulsive.
    Yeah, that feels like a Snyder addition .

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I honestly have no idea why Snyder has such dedicated fans. Thank God for Jenkins.
    This does seem to lineup with the original plans of Diana decapitating Steppenwolf.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This does seem to lineup with the original plans of Diana decapitating Steppenwolf.
    I hope they change that for the Snyder Cut. Otherwise, we'll have the same issue in the movies as in the comics; two different versions of Diana that in no way are compatible.

I hope they change that for the Snyder Cut. Otherwise, we'll have the same issue in the movies as in the comics; two different versions of Diana that in no way are compatible.
    I'd hope so too if only we don't see WB/DC doubling down on more Warrior Woman in other media. But it's essentially a glorified director's cut in a franchise that's all but pretty much given up on an MCU-like continuity. I don't plan on watching on it, so it won't be much sweat off my back.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We are practically like that now. Diana in BvS is a lot darker than the Diana in WW/84

I don't know if this true but apparently Gal Gadot already said that she didn't so any re-shots for the Snyder Cut

If Superman owning every member of the JL and headbutting Diana was Whedon's idea, i think Snyder could maybe portray a more powerful Wonder Woman because i really didn't like her in WW84

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I don't know if this true but apparently Gal Gadot already said that she didn't so any re-shots for the Snyder Cut

If Superman owning every member of the JL and headbutting Diana was Whedon's idea, i think Snyder could maybe portray a more powerful Wonder Woman because i really didn't like her in WW84
    What she said was true.

I thought that entire scene was Snyder, I dont see it being much different for Snyders cut in how he takes down WW (who should've been able to stand up against him better)

Vol. 5 of the tpb collections of George Perez's WW run has been released today. With the War of the Gods trade collecting the remaining issues, think this means all of Perez's run is now collected between the various omnibus and trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No issue with her decapitating Steppenwolf, but that pic with Diana holding those heads is indeed repulsive. Thanks God indeed for Jenkins and James Wan too, the man(snyder) would have destroyed the DCEU.

Incredible Member

I was going to put this in the controversial opinions thread, but I am genuinely curious about people's thoughts. Why are so many people here interested in storylines about Themyscira opening up to the rest of the world or rejoining man's world? This honestly is not being combative or sarcastic. I'm genuinely curious as I would like to know some storylines that explore Themysicara rejoining man's world as I've never been particularly interested in that storyline direction.

I ask since so many people in the Wonder Woman 3 thread would like to see the third movie explore this on film. What would be the benefits to the film and the franchise?

First of all, I want Wonder Woman to be about feminity. She has always been a feminist icon, but at the beginning she herself was about femininity and writers decided to abandon it. Once you create a unique culture and society with advanced magical technology around the various notions of femininity from various cultures (which is what I would like Paradise Island to be) you then reach the point of exploring what it means today. And today the idea of gender, specially defined to the point where a society could become solely constituted of that, you come to realize that we are talking about the usefullness of gender itself. And to me, Themyscira opening up should be about Themyscira realizing that while they have a lot to teach the world, the fact that they believe women are fundamentally different from man on a psychological level is an issue unto itself. Which still doesn't mean that there can't be a "safe space" where cisgendered women define themselves based on simplistic notions of gender, but they should recognize that cisgendered man can just as well dress the way they do and organize the way they do. This is what I personally would want from a story where the Amazons open themselves up to the world.

But I don't want WW3 to be about any of this because it wouldn't be done in a nuanced way. When I say that I want Wonder Woman 3 to be about Diana reconnecting with the amazons as they visit our world, it's about her having left a family long ago and now having a hard time reconnecting with that family, as well as them being able to see how the world has changed, and maybe not as much as it should, but still to a considerable degree.

Retired

On Saturday, I was watching "The Pied Piper"--season 2, episode 6 of WONDER WOMAN--and the song that Martin Mull sings got stuck in my head. The thing is he only sings a bit of it before it goes into the crazy flute solo. I wanted to hear the whole song. Looking on IMDb, I find that the song "Love Conquers All" was written by Charles Fox and Paul Williams. That makes sense, Paul Williams always wrote good hooks for his songs. I found a recording of the song by Paul Williams on youtube, so I could hear the whole song in its entirety.

Rewatching Titans (even though its not that good, it has its moments) and I liked the mythology they added for The Amazons. Having various agents in Mans World to keep up to date with whats happening and allowing Amazons (or at least Donna) X amount of time in Mans World to explore and seemingly either leave the sisterhood or come back to the island permanently. Would be a nice little thing to add the general WW comic mythos.

Retired

I realize that Cloris Leachman is better known for her more significant roles, but with the star's passing I wanted to acknowledge her work as Queen Hippolyta in THE NEW ORIGINAL WONDER WOMAN 1975 television movie that began Lynda Carter's run as Princess Diana. Leachman's Hippolyta just slays me with her clever line readings, giving so much humour and light to her performance as the Amazon Queen. A real wonder woman.