Page 121 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 5178

There's this topic I mentioned in another thread and I would welcome your viewpoints. I feel that one of the missed opportunities with Steve Trevor was showing us his own relationship with masculinity and societal rules.

As a cis bisexual man who loves strong willed and physically powerful women, I've always been at odds with how my father enforced masculinity in a way that cultivated autonomy, initiative and control, which are things all human beings need regardless of gender. But those same expectations also made me afraid of being seen as "passive" because of a horrid notion of "a man being effeminate", in all the natural ways I like to express tenderness. For goodness sake, his generation doesn't even know how to hug his son without patting them on the back to make it less "womanly". And these aren't intrinsic things, I've been able to change his mind over time.

I don't think Steve would have the same relationship with masculinity as I do, but l would love to see someone explore the deeper implications this has on him.

And specially, what kind of impact did Paradise Island and the amazons have on him and how he views gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There's this topic I mentioned in another thread and I would welcome your viewpoints. I feel that one of the missed opportunities with Steve Trevor was showing us his own relationship with masculinity and societal rules.

As a cis bisexual man who loves strong willed and physically powerful women, I've always been at odds with how my father enforced masculinity in a way that cultivated autonomy, initiative and control, which are things all human beings need regardless of gender. But those same expectations also made me afraid of being seen as "passive" because of a horrid notion of "a man being effeminate", in all the natural ways I like to express tenderness. For goodness sake, his generation doesn't even know how to hug his son without patting them on the back to make it less "womanly". And these aren't intrinsic things, I've been able to change his mind over time.

I don't think Steve would have the same relationship with masculinity as I do, but l would love to see someone explore the deeper implications this has on him.

And specially, what kind of impact did Paradise Island and the amazons have on him and how he views gender.
    I LOVE this ^^^ post and I would absolutely love seeing your points explored in a Wonder Woman book. Personally, I'd think that a cisgender heterosexual man like Steve Trevor, who despite being raised in our ciscentric, heterosexist society still falls for a woman who will inevitably be better than him at pretty much everything and will outshine him socially in every way every single time, must be somewhat progressive in his personal views of gender roles and masculinity for him to willingly be with Diana. I mean, let's not sugarcoat it, u gotta be super confident and secure in your so-called masculinity if you are going to be the boyfriend of Wonder Woman, who just happens to be the most powerful woman [literally] in the world. Because of how our gender norms are conceptualized, this dynamic is something that Lois Lane and Mary Jane Watson don't have to struggle with in regard to their relationships with Superman and Spider-Man. But Steve? He would most likely have to self reflect on everything he was taught about gender and assigned gender roles once he decides to be romantically involved with the amazing amazon we all love.

I like to think Steve's mother being in the military had a huge impact on how he viewed woman and predicated him towards accepting Diana and the Amazons with little hesitation.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Of course he would accept it, and easily. But shouldn't it have a more profound positive effect than just that?

I really like this idea and topic to explore in stories. It’s a topic that’s absolutely timely as we know more about gender and it’s constructs than ever before. It’s certainly fits the Marston spirit of concepts Wonder Woman should explore, challenge and champion.

Thank you for sharing your personal story Alpha.

I’d love a series of issues or subplot where this gets explored, discussed and compared/contrasted between Steve, Siggy, Etta, Amanda Waller, Achilles Warkiller, Heracles and Doctor Psycho. Lots of angles from which to approach it and lots of intersectionality to discuss.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Steve Trevor was written to be the anti-masculine man. He's not masculine. He's not Bruce, Clark (though he hasn't been written this way for a while), Zorro, Flash Gordon, Tarzan, Conan, etc. I think was Fuzzy Mittens who mentioned Steve is basically dad material. The guy who take kids to parks, zoo, cooks, goes on dates with Diana. Also at the same time, Steve should be written as a highly-respected and capable military man (well, to a certain extent gotta get saved by Wonder Woman ). Steve Trevors would be closer to Maes Hughes (minus the dying of course) than anything.

Steve should definitely have his badass moments, not going to lie.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I like this property the Lasso has on those who shouldnt be handling it

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-30-2022 at 08:14 PM.

A couple of movie reboots down the road, this would be a good take for a film

Ane-Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ane-Comics?
    yep. Shame the art went down drastically after the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    yep. Shame the art went down drastically after the first issue.
    Hard to top Amanda Conner...

Wonder Woman Dark Crisis (lol) tie-in in September.

Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Wonder Woman #1 – Tini Howard (w) and Leila Del Duca (a); Martian Manhunter backup by Dan Watters (w) and Bandon Peterson (a)

So it will not at all interupt the Wonder Woman book and will instead be contained to a one shot by the current Catwoman writer

Well, at least the silly gimmick event is keeping themselves contained and not spilling over to the rest of the titles.

Makes sense too as the price of the average comic has gone up so you can't expect audiences to buy 3 dozen tie ins.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Kinda weird tho. One would expect that a comic where character x DIES would have some effects on character x series