Page 127 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 5178
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Batman has Arkham Asylum

Superman as the Phantom Zone

What is WWs equivalent? Dooms Doorway?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Batman has Arkham Asylum

Wouldn’t Reformation Island (or whatever that island she once had where her foes would be reformed) still work?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wouldn’t Reformation Island (or whatever that island she once had where her foes would be reformed) still work?
    As a fantastical prison yes, though Dooms Doorway probably also works given it's been a bit more prominent and as a horror-vibe to like Arkham and the PZ do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    As a fantastical prison yes, though Dooms Doorway probably also works given it's been a bit more prominent and as a horror-vibe to like Arkham and the PZ do.
    I like Doom’s Doorway as an equivalent to those, but I think using it as her private prison raises the same kind of issues Supes dumping his foes in the PZ does. At some point you’d need to address the morals of consigning people to hell.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I like Doom’s Doorway as an equivalent to those, but I think using it as her private prison raises the same kind of issues Supes dumping his foes in the PZ does. At some point you’d need to address the morals of consigning people to hell.
    Oh, sorry I don't think I was clear. Reform Island is probably closer on a technical level as it's a fantastical prison and where GA Diana kept her rogues gallery. I was just saying Doom's Doorway also makes a good candidate even it's not been a frequent dumping ground for WW's rogues gallery.

You could definitely do something with both, especially Golden Age Reformation Island given it's not too far off from political re-education camps.

Incredible Member

I've always liked the idea of the Amazons having an island purely devoted to getting people healthy again, criminals in particular. It's so much more than the Phantom Zone - essentially an unknowable prison space that does nothing but trap.

I love Wonder Woman as a healer and the Amazons by extension.

That said, Doom's Doorway is cool because, as Perez established, it's the Pandora's Box monsters threatening to leak out. I don't know if it makes sense to stuff more baddies in there...but it's cool to think there's a need to guard this prison and make sure the creatures within aren't escaping.

Batman has Arkham Asylum

Mythology has many such realms and places

Batman has Arkham Asylum

I like to try to stay away from equivalents… From her long history Diana can have Themyscira, ARGUS, Transformation Island, Doom’s Doorway, The Wonder Woman Foundation, a chic boutique, the Amazon embassy to Man’s World and much more that doesn’t have to be any kind of parallels to Supes and Batsies worlds.

I get that parallelism and comparisons and contrasts are fun, but why limit Diana to that? She’s a trailblazer and should be pushing the boundaries of superhero comics.

Parallels are just natural and can be found in most things. Her having an equivalent to something B/S have isn't a bad thing nor does it limit her.

Anything Diana would be locking behind Doom's Doorway would have escaped from there anyway, so she's just returning them where they belong. It's not like she created Doom's Doorway herself or is the one doling out sentences. The same thing more or less applies to Superman and the Phantom Zone.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-10-2022 at 08:55 AM.

never said better

There's a really good story waiting to happen where Diana uses the lasso to destroy an illusion someone cast to make themselves feel better

Speaking of the lasso, with YJs recent reveal...i know it wont happen since YJ has zero interest in the Wonders, but its a good time to showcase the Lasso of Truth and give M'Gann a vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    never said better

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There's a really good story waiting to happen where Diana uses the lasso to destroy an illusion someone cast to make themselves feel better
    I mean that's what more or less what WW84 attempted to do. Emphasis on attempted.