Page 130 of 336 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 5030
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Those leaks are probably fake just for the record, they haven’t even begun preliminary work on S5 yet because they haven’t even been greenlit for S5 yet. How do I feel about Diana vs. Kara? This basically sums up my view:

If we assume the leak is true then I have no problem with it going something like “Kara shows up on Amazon Island to steal some tech (hey at least they’re not making the Amazons savages!), kicks the crap out of some nameless Amazons, Cassie shows up and fights Kara, then Diana and the rest show up and drive Kara away” then I don’t see the issue. Kara losing the fight but getting what she was sent to get would be a good compromise. This is all assuming it’s just her however which I don’t see why it would be. I’m sure the other Furies, at least SOME of them, would be with her. If Barda is fighting alongside her then I could buy Barda being able to beat Diana in a fight.
    Supergirl has 0 evidence of being an equal to WW in strength. Same with Barda. In that scan New 52 WW beat SG without going God Mode, so her saying they are matched in strength makes no sense. Also WW already beat full grown kryptonians like Faora and Powergirl. So i don't know how anybody could by that SG would be too much for WW to handle. And that she could put up a fight against WW, Donna, Cassie and the other amazons at the same time.

Mighty Member

Those leaks are probably fake just for the record, they haven’t even begun preliminary work on S5 yet because they haven’t even been greenlit for S5 yet. How do I feel about Diana vs. Kara? This basically sums up my view:

If we assume the leak is true then I have no problem with it going something like “Kara shows up on Amazon Island to steal some tech (hey at least they’re not making the Amazons savages!), kicks the crap out of some nameless Amazons, Cassie shows up and fights Kara, then Diana and the rest show up and drive Kara away” then I don’t see the issue. Kara losing the fight but getting what she was sent to get would be a good compromise. This is all assuming it’s just her however which I don’t see why it would be. I’m sure the other Furies, at least SOME of them, would be with her. If Barda is fighting alongside her then I could buy Barda being able to beat Diana in a fight.
    How should Big Barda who has without Mega Rod basically just disadvantages reasonably beat Wonder Woman in a fight, how often does a not very early Superman truly lose to Orion as example, and that is Orion who is often higher billed than Big Barda and has far better feats? Big Barda has skill, but you even used a fight as example where Wonder Woman was by using her skill too fast for Supergirl, and Big Barda's speed portrayal is typically far worse than Supergirl's.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-11-2022 at 08:22 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Again, Rocket freakin beat Wonder Woman! And the same to Orion. Please tell me how one of the strongest women as well as a new God are not powerful enough to get out of Rockets force field. Are they saying that Rocket can neutralize any being with strength? It's one thing for Wonder Woman to get beat in a fight, but to be taken out by Rocket? So...if Rocket strikes first with her force field, Wondy loses. Freakin awesome.

Great that you would defend that. Would you also defend the force field if Lor hadn't been able to break out?
    I mean...that's how Rockets tech always worked .Both in show and in the comics.It doesn't matter how powerful you are when your doing the exact thing the tech is designed to take advantage of.

I guess, in theory,there should be a limit to how much kinetic energy she can store.But I dont think there is anything showing where that limit lies so...

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Yes that’s exactly how her powers work lol. You can’t force your way out of Rocket’s bubbles with brute strength. And did you forget Superman and Batman got beaten by Superboy and Robin?

Yes. Also Superman shouldn’t be able to punch his way out of the force field either.

See you’re trying to be sarcastic but what you’re saying is exactly how it should work. Diana should be able to get out of a situation like that using her brain rather than just “punching harder”. If Barda uses tech to escape because she can’t punch her way out that’s fair game to me. Don’t know why that’s a problem.
    Because Rocket with her 'tech' has now demonstrated that she can take out any being that can't shoot lasers. Didn't know the 'tech' she has was so superpowerful that even the supposed heavy lifters that the league as well as new Gods have can't even take her on.

How can poor Wonder Woman fare against a now well established heavy hitter such as Rocket? All Rocket has to do is see her and project her force field around her. Game over. Never knew such power! Maybe Wondy can cut it with her Tiara or whip her lasso to get her out, but very doubtful these writers would let a person that stands a 505/50 or worse chance against Blockbuster be able to do that.

A army of Rockets with the force field power should team up with Supergirl to take on Themyscria. Game over for that society. I am thinking that this is a tech not just solely created for Rocket. Screw the lanterns, maybe the space cops should just have Rockets force field.

By the way, one could argue that lasers from the eyes are kinetic energy. K=1/2m(v)squared. The laser, even if infinitesmal, will have a mass, and therefore kinetic energy. I am pretty sure that the velocity does not approach the speed of light. Or just screw it, Superman/kryptonians are just that damn good that any source of physics would just get thrown out of the window, just because.

And of course, you don't have to argue against Lor's lasers since your buddy Superman can do the same thing. It's not always easy to get out of the single most powerful force field ever, except if your kryptonian, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Supergirl has 0 evidence of being an equal to WW in strength. Same with Barda. In that scan New 52 WW beat SG without going God Mode, so her saying they are matched in strength makes no sense. Also WW already beat full grown kryptonians like Faora and Powergirl. So i don't know how anybody could by that SG would be too much for WW to handle. And that she could put up a fight against WW, Donna, Cassie and the other amazons at the same time.
    I agree but you’re freaking out over something that’s not even likely to happen. As I said those leaks are probably fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    How should Big Barda who has without Mega Rod just disadvantages reasonably beat Wonder Woman in a fight, how often does a not very early Superman truly lose to Orion as example, and that is Orion who is often higher billed than Big Barda and has far better feats? Big Barda has skill, but you even used an example where Wonder Woman was too fast for Supergirl, and Big Barda's speed portrayal is typically far worse than Supergirl's.
    Orion should be on Superman’s level but isn’t because Superman is more popular than Orion is. There’s no in-universe reason he shouldn’t be on equal footing however. As for Barda she’s still a New God, one trained on Apokolips as part of a warrior sisterhood. She’s already pretty much the female equivalent to Diana in the New Gods mythos.

Has she lived up to that level very often? No but just like Orion that is because she isn’t as popular as Diana. There’s no real in-universe reason she wouldn’t be near or at Diana’s level. Way it should be is Wonder Woman and Superman are on the same level as the Female Furies or Kalibak, Darkseid should not be a foe any Leaguer can take one on one. Only the whole League together can beat him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Because Rocket with her 'tech' has now demonstrated that she can take out any being that can't shoot lasers. Didn't know the 'tech' she has was so superpowerful that even the supposed heavy lifters that the league as well as new Gods have can't even take her on.
    Well now you do, I’m glad I could help educate you on this.
    How can poor Wonder Woman fare against a now well established heavy hitter such as Rocket? All Rocket has to do is see her and project her force field around her. Game over. Never knew such power! Maybe Wondy can cut it with her Tiara or whip her lasso to get her out, but very doubtful these writers would let a person that stands a 505/50 or worse chance against Blockbuster be able to do that.
    Yeah Diana should just solve everything by punching it harder. What’s the point of putting her in a situation that requires having the wisdom of Athena or Amazonian tech to solve? She should just trade that in for a belt that gives her +10 to STR
    A army of Rockets with the force field power should team up with Supergirl to take on Themyscria. Game over for that society. I am thinking that this is a tech not just solely created for Rocket. Screw the lanterns, maybe the space cops should just have Rockets force field.
    They should, Rocket rules and deserves more love.
    By the way, one could argue that lasers from the eyes are kinetic energy. K=1/2m(v)squared. The laser, even if infinitesmal, will have a mass, and therefore kinetic energy. I am pretty sure that the velocity does not approach the speed of light. Or just screw it, Superman/kryptonians are just that damn good that any source of physics would just get thrown out of the window, just because.
    If there’s one thing you can say about Kryptonians it’s that their powers have great regard for the laws of physics so you’re right.
    And of course, you don't have to argue against Lor's lasers since your buddy Superman can do the same thing. It's not always easy to get out of the single most powerful force field ever, except if your kryptonian, of course.
    Or a non-mind controlled Diana could call down a magic thunderbolt and zap Rocket, knocking her out and freeing herself since Rocket can’t create a shield around Diana and a shield around herself at the same time as seen in that S1 fight. Sadly she traded in any magical abilities or Amazonian tech for that buff to strength I mentioned . I guess maybe there’s a lesson to be learned about brute strength not being everything…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

I agree but you’re freaking out over something that’s not even likely to happen. As I said those leaks are probably fake.

Orion should be on Superman’s level but isn’t because Superman is more popular than Orion is. There’s no in-universe reason he shouldn’t be on equal footing however. As for Barda she’s still a New God, one trained on Apokolips as part of a warrior sisterhood. She’s already pretty much the female equivalent to Diana in the New Gods mythos.

Has she lived up to that level very often? No but just like Orion that is because she isn’t as popular as Diana. There’s no real in-universe reason she wouldn’t be near or at Diana’s level. Way it should be is Wonder Woman and Superman are on the same level as the Female Furies or Kalibak, Darkseid should not be a foe any Leaguer can take one on one. Only the whole League together can beat him.
    I don't even truly disagree especially about Darkseid, but even if Big Barda would be portrayed near or at the level an also properly portrayed Wonder Woman, she would need an advantage to beat her and her powers even with Mega Rod don't seem well suited to take on Wonder Woman considering that her best powers are something Circe basically can do better. Although Big Barda would need to be portrayed near or on Orion's level first anyway, because that is also not often the case at all.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-11-2022 at 08:44 PM.

Well now you do, I’m glad I could help educate you on this.

Yeah Diana should just solve everything by punching it harder. What’s the point of putting her in a situation that requires having the wisdom of Athena or Amazonian tech to solve? She should just trade that in for a belt that gives her +10 to STR

They should, Rocket rules and deserves more love.

If there’s one thing you can say about Kryptonians it’s that their powers have great regard for the laws of physics so you’re right.

Or a non-mind controlled Diana could call down a magic thunderbolt and zap Rocket, knocking her out and freeing herself since Rocket can’t create a shield around Diana and a shield around herself at the same time as seen in that S1 fight. Sadly she traded in any magical abilities or Amazonian tech for that buff to strength I mentioned . I guess maybe there’s a lesson to be learned about brute strength not being everything…
    Because we know that Diana has been able to summon lightning bolts at will. Somehow, I am pretty sure the Young Justice crew forgot about this little used (if at all) power of hers to summon lightning bolts. Maybe she traded in her +100 summon lightning bolt power to get to the point where she would fare 50/50 in a fight with Blockbuster.

Wisdom of Athena?!? She must have traded in this gift for the brute strength you are trying to give her credit for. In fact, for all that she traded, as you suggest, to get her enhanced strength, she still falls before the might of the mighty Rocket. Now that I think about it, I am now more of a Rocket fan than Diana. At least in this Young Justice universe. Maybe it would be best if they never use any of the Wonder Family again. Or just not have a season 5. Normally I would not suggest a series being cancelled with wonder characters in it, but in this case I would make an exception, if only to put an end to my new found love for Rocket!

Go Raquel!!!
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 06-11-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Go Raquel!!!

She's a terrific character.

It's a shame that we might never get her backstory in any animated show or movie, because it's a really cool one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Go Raquel!!!

She's a terrific character.

It's a shame that we might never get her backstory in any animated show or movie, because it's a really cool one.
    Since Wondy isn't strong or smart enough to beat Raquel, I am all on team Raquel now. If you can't beat them, join them!

Since Wondy isn't strong or smart enough to beat Raquel, I am all on team Raquel now. If you can't beat them, join them!
    I mean, the reason why she's cool has nothing to do with that, but ok.

Can we not throw down other cool female characters while trying to defend Diana?

Specially someone as unique as Rocket

I mean, the reason why she's cool has nothing to do with that, but ok.

Can we not throw down other cool female characters while trying to defend Diana?

Specially someone as unique as Rocket
    Diana was a cool female character.

Go Raquel!

Diana was a cool female character.

Go Raquel!
    Yes I know.

And again, I think you should keep defending Diana.

But please don't pull down anothet cool female character like Rocket just to prove a point.

Yes I know.

And again, I think you should keep defending Diana.

But please don't pull down anothet cool female character like Rocket just to prove a point.
    I see the writing on the wall with Diana. I very much hope that rumors of a 5th season arc with Supergirl possibly making the Wonder family her bitch is not true, but given Weisman's regards to Diana and lack of wonder family throughout the first four seasons with an occasional cameo, I don't think the rumor may be far off the mark. After all, Diana is 50/50 to Blockbuster and can get punked by Rocket all day long.

So...Rocket all the way. Maybe when the Wonder family can get their own series or actual respect in an animated universe, then I can be on Team Diana. I mean, Conner is half a Superman, but more than enough to take on a demi-god like Cassie, and for all I know Diana. Not the best of times to be a wondy fan.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

WW is the most popular and iconic female super hero. Yet that hasn't helped her that much. She is still used as punching bag for others. Even Supergirl can be given a team busting moment. But nothing for the original pop culture, LGTB, girl power icon with Godly powers? Really? I guess she ain't that special after all.