Page 139 of 345 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I also haven't seen it yet but regardless of whether or not the films are similar, it actually seems like a VERY similar situation to WW84. Acclaimed auteur director gets brought on to make a big franchise film and knocks it out of the park, studio sees that success and lets said director do whatever they want with the sequel, director uses that creative control to make something totally self-indulgent and winds up with a huge disappointment.

It's almost uncanny, right down to both directors getting tapped to do Star Wars movies after the first one. Though we'll see if Taika's Star Wars gets canceled like Patty's...

Ragnarok is my favorite MCU entry and I love Taika Waititi's movies, but the stuff people have been saying about Love and Thunder has made me lose all interest. People whose film opinions I respect have been absolutely trashing it and I've seen a lot of people on Twitter say it's one of the worst movies they've ever seen (again, very reminiscent of WW84).
    No, no, no, it's really GOOD! The major complaint is that there are too many jokes. Some don't land, true, but others are hilarious! Take Thor's goats Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder for instance, when they first appear their screams are annoying, but by the end they're one of the funniest parts of the movie.

In light of current events (Uvalde, Texas) some people like Grace Randolph took issue with the kidnapped Asgardian children in peril, but the resolution is so surprising, awesome and joyous you forgive the creepy cringe feeling you have at the beginning.

Despite the humor Thor has a powerful arc with an unexpected outcome as he finds himself again. His chemistry with Jane is stronger than in any previous film and you root for their love.

You end up leaving the theatre feeling about 8 years old and glad you saw it, I highly recommend it!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Or you leave thinking "did I watch a Thor movie or was this a parody film because 90% of it is just bad jokes"

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    L&T has and will keep a better RT score than WW84. And what new refreshing place did WW84 bring? The movie did nothing new and totally ruined Cheetah.
    True and it's like a viewing a wake when compared to Thor Love & Thunder. Don't get me wrong, as a Wonder Woman fan I enjoyed WW84, but as a moviegoer there was A LOT of Diana moping around and being sad. Thor didn't have that problem, he faked it until he made it and had a robust optimism throughout. While his film was as comic book accurate as possible, WW84 took several liberties with the source material that basically destroyed Cheetah and hampered the overall project to a terrible degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Or you leave thinking "did I watch a Thor movie or was this a parody film because 90% of it is just bad jokes"
    No there's heart and depth to it too. Heck most of the plot is based on Jane trying to survive cancer and doing whatever it took to feel alive again in the midst of a staggering stage 4 diagnosis. Then it's all about loss and how best to cope with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No there's heart and depth to it too. Heck most of the plot is based on Jane trying to survive cancer and doing whatever it took to feel alive again in the midst of a staggering stage 4 diagnosis. Then it's all about loss and how best to cope with it.
    I wanted to walk out feeling like that but the over the top comedy swallowed up what they were trying to convey imo. It took my out of the story. Thor acting like a glorified child throughout was...cringe.

What they did with Zeus? What Gods they showed....it was a glorified childrens movie

If people were able to love it, I love that for them but there's a clear disconnect for a lot of people with this film.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-10-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Wonder if all this Thor talk is how Superman fans feel when the Captain America movies are compared to the modern Superman films.

I wanted to walk out feeling like that but the over the top comedy swallowed up what they were trying to convey imo. It took my out of the story. Thor acting like a glorified child throughout was...cringe.

What they did with Zeus? What Gods they showed....it was a glorified childrens movie

If people were able to love it, I love that for them but there's a clear disconnect for a lot of people with this film.
    I hope I never get that old. That's part of the joy of comics, they keep you young at heart.

I hope I never get that old. That's part of the joy of comics, they keep you young at heart.
    It has nothing to do about getting old. What is enjoyable for others isnt enjoyable for everyone just as it doesnt make a comic book movie any better turning it up to a 10. If I wanted to watch Blues Clues, I'd be watching Nick Jr everyday, I dont need to see it in Thor.

It has nothing to do about getting old. What is enjoyable for others isnt enjoyable for everyone just as it doesnt make a comic book movie any better turning it up to a 10. If I wanted to watch Blues Clues, I'd be watching Nick Jr everyday, I dont need to see it in Thor.
    If it had nothing to do with getting old you wouldn't be deriding it for being too young.

If it had nothing to do with getting old you wouldn't be deriding it for being too young.
    ...not really. I was a child 20 years ago, I wouldnt have liked it then either so sorry to burst your bubble. Not all us kids had the same taste or humor.

I watched Thor: Love and Thunder and I found it a blast and a half. Yes, it had a lot of jokes, but jokes in action movies is not a new thing or an invention of the MCU. And it most definitely IS NOT a bad, sinful, shameful thing (somehow, many CBM fans have convinced themselves that comedy in action films "lessens" said films, or worse...that it "disrespects the source material." Huh?). Many of the best, most iconic, most beloved action films of all time have tons of comedic elements. But yes, I agree that we all enjoy different things. I love my CBMS to be fun, joyful, and funny (as well as action-packed, emotionally resonant, and with high stakes, all of which T:L&T was). I totally understand that the comedy in Thor 3 is not for everybody. Oh, well.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 07-10-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I watched Thor: Love and Thunder and I found it a blast and a half. Yes, it had a lot of jokes, but jokes in action movies is not a new thing or an invention of the MCU. And it most definitely IS NOT a bad, sinful, shameful thing (somehow, many CBM fans have convinced themselves that comedy in action films "lessens" said films, or worse...that it "disrespects the source material." Huh?). Many of the best, most iconic, most beloved action films of all time have tons of comedic elements. But yes, I agree that we all enjoy different things. I love my CBMS to be fun, joyful, and funny (as well as action-packed, emotionally resonant, and with high stakes, all of which T:L&T was). I totally understand that the comedy in Thor 3 is not for everybody. Oh, well.
    Thor: Ragnarök had plenty of comedy and barely anyone thought that it lessened the film. Ant-Man has PLENTY of comedy and its very well liked. Not to mention Deadpool. Love and Thunder isnt the first film to incorporate comedy, just plenty of people think it overpowered everything in the movie and wasn't written well.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-10-2022 at 09:06 PM.

The audience score, reviews, and RT wont be making any comebacks.
    They are aggregate scores. They will fluctuate as more people give their scores.

Anyway, people are entitled to their opinion but whether you liked Thor 4 or not, opinions are not facts.

But what does Thor 4 have to do with WW anyway?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They are aggregate scores. They will fluctuate as more people give their scores.

Anyway, people are entitled to their opinion but whether you liked Thor 4 or not, opinions are not facts.

Zeus is actually in it, he's not just talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

The only facts we have are scores right in front of us. But yeah other than that, most of us have agreed that our opinions arent facts.

Comparing L&T and 84 ties into WW