Page 141 of 344 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 5160

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wow, Diana is such a badass

This is why we love Diana

Incredible Member

I personally dislike Warrior Woman as much as many here, but those levels of violence are not comparable. Plus Batman was uncharacteristically assholish during The Hiketeia (even a bit OOC, something that also happened to him in a League of One) so it kinda makes sense she'd be having none of it.

Having none of it isn't the same thing as having a super woman that can crush his skull put her boot on top of a coworker and fellow hero's head while he is lying weak on the ground and slowly telling him in a vile way:

Don't
    Get
    Up

Despite her main tool being an unbreakable lasso made to restrain others.

It's a very low moment in her time as a hero, specially when she is all about empowerment. He was an ******* doing what he thought a hero should do.

And she humiliated him in the most unecessary manner. Nothing heroic about it, it's just sad. No reason to glorify that. The images I posted are just as vile as the one people here keep celebrating. Specially the one where she is holding Donna Troy by her hair, and the one where she is hanging Steve Trevor with her lasso
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-20-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Nice, thank you, never seen this before!
    So at some point the name of Batman was also going to head the graphic novel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Nice, thank you, never seen this before!
    So at some point the name of Batman was also going to head the graphic novel?
    Seems like it. There's a few other pics on the page I linked to with alternate title designs.

Yowza, I can't tell if Rucka's suggestion that it be a strappy sandal made the original version inherently horny or if JG Jones made it horny by drawing it as a very femme pointed-toe high heel rather than an actual gladiator sandal.

Either way I'm glad they went with the boot for the same reasons Jones mentioned and I prefer the expression he settled on for Batman. Part of me wishes they'd kept the Greek column but it's true that the starkness of the final cover is really striking.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Yowza, I can't tell if Rucka's suggestion that it be a strappy sandal made the original version inherently horny or if JG Jones made it horny by drawing it as a very femme pointed-toe high heel rather than an actual gladiator sandal.

Either way I'm glad they went with the boot for the same reasons Jones mentioned and I prefer the expression he settled on for Batman. Part of me wishes they'd kept the Greek column but it's true that the starkness of the final cover is really striking.
    Column is interesting but I think I prefer the all white background, like you said it's more stark/striking.

I know Rucka wanted to have WW's swimsuit redesigned to something more Greek hoplite in his first run (WB/DC apparently shot it down) so I assume the strap sandal was maybe testing the idea.

Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

With how much b###### the character has to take from DC. Those covers should be her stepping on DC editors. LOL

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Not a fan of the Hiketeia cover, it’s very unlike Diana to press her foot against somebody’s face imo. She wouldn’t do it to Cizko, let alone a comrade in arms. To me, Wonder Woman is sugar, spice and everything nice, she doesn’t have it in her to be obnoxious, even to horrible people like Psycho who deserve it

rawr

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Not a fan of the Hiketeia cover, it’s very unlike Diana to press her foot against somebody’s face imo. She wouldn’t do it to Cizko, let alone a comrade in arms. To me, Wonder Woman is sugar, spice and everything nice, she doesn’t have it in her to be obnoxious, even to horrible people like Psycho who deserve it
    I don't think she'd do that either, but I'm fine with it as a cover. They're striking images and it does really, really sell the fight it promises. Covers often have out of character ****. They're designed to draw the eye and grab attention. It's very successful at that.

But the action itself and what happens during the fight in general feels like fanfic gone too far. Neither of them feel in character for me.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I don't mind Diana pressing her foot on Batman's head both in the cover and the story itself. In the context of the story, he had it coming. My main issue was how needlessly dickish and antagonistic Batman was written just to justify him and WW coming to blows so Diana will have an excuse to pin him down like that.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't mind Diana pressing her foot on Batman's head both in the cover and the story itself. In the context of the story, he had it coming. My main issue was how needlessly dickish and antagonistic Batman was written just to justify him and WW coming to blows so Diana will have an excuse to pin him down like that.
    Batman in the story in my opinion is better viewed similar to how Superman was used in DKR, whittled down to his most basic stereotype through a very unflattering lenses. He exists to be more as an obstacle for WW than as an actual character in the story.

Unfair to Batman? Sure. Tit for tat imo given Batman writers are far more guilty of this than vice-versa.

It's also worth noting we never get in his head/Pov about what he actually thinks of all this.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-22-2022 at 04:20 PM.