Page 15 of 346 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I will never understand why Diana has never been used in any major way in the Legion. It boggles the mind that an immortal demigoddess has not been featured in any LSH book that I remember. I also don't remember any LSH story that mentions the amazons or Diana.
    Because she's only been a demigoddess since the nu52, and LSH has been in shambles for decades...also, I don't think being a demigod doesn't automatically make you immortal. And Amazons are only immortal if they stay on the Island, yet age more slowly when off the Island vs normal mortals.

Jumpa is back

I wonder if Jumpa will ever be seen outside the island

Ultimate Member

I heard she once had telepathy of some kind. If so, what happened to that power?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I heard she once had telepathy of some kind. If so, what happened to that power?
    It was erased after post crisis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It was erased after post crisis.
    Why? It would make her power set more interesting.

She had one other in Super friends like controlling her plane and her lasso

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She had one other in Super friends like controlling her plane and her lasso
    Haha, i've never watched super friends.

Does she have any other hidden powers?

She could change her voice much like Superman in one comic version. She could make her lasso shapeshift. Golden age she can go so fast she could go to other dimension. She could astral projection

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She could change her voice much like Superman in one comic version. She could make her lasso shapeshift. Golden age she can go so fast she could go to other dimension. She could astral projection
    Cool. Why doesn't she use those powers anymore?

Cool. Why doesn't she use those powers anymore?
    Probably for the same reason superman shoot a mini version of himself out of his hand anymore. It's just the times changing and people want their superheroes to have limits and rules on their powers, or don't want their heroes to have "silly" powers. (all their powers are silly when you apply physics to them )

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Probably for the same reason superman shoot a mini version of himself out of his hand anymore. It's just the times changing and people want their superheroes to have limits and rules on their powers, or don't want their heroes to have "silly" powers. (all their powers are silly when you apply physics to them )
    I don't think astral projection or telepathy are silly, especially since Martian Manhunter does it. The thing is, Superman already has so many powers so he doesn't need extra. But Wonder Woman's power set is just Superman's with fewer powers, so she's a bit shortchanged IMO

She can talk to animals. Her lasso allows her to bind and force people to admit the truth and she has warrior training.

I actually think Diana's powers are more manageable that Superman's. The latter's super senses alone makes any fight choreography impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She can talk to animals. Her lasso allows her to bind and force people to admit the truth and she has warrior training.

I actually think Diana's powers are more manageable that Superman's. The latter's super senses alone makes any fight choreography impossible.
    Diana's got super senses too, but what cool about hers is that she can even feel movements in air pressure, which is why she can block bullets without even looking at them. And superman's hearing is often used as a weakness instead of a strength.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Diana's got super senses too, but what cool about hers is that she can even feel movements in air pressure, which is why she can block bullets without even looking at them. And superman's hearing is often used as a weakness instead of a strength.

I don't think astral projection or telepathy are silly, especially since Martian Manhunter does it. The thing is, Superman already has so many powers so he doesn't need extra. But Wonder Woman's power set is just Superman's with fewer powers, so she's a bit shortchanged IMO
    I don't think those powers are silly either, I just think people think they are silly if Wonder Woman has them. I don't agree with that, but I can imagine people thinking "why would an amazon warrior have telepathy?".