Page 158 of 346 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 5178
    Incredible Member

I just had a random thought. We all know WB Discovery is in bad financial shape, and it was reported that they are looking to shop Batman: Caped Crusader to another streaming platform. I was wondering, do you think there's a chance WBD could temporarily give another streamer the rights to create a Wonder Woman cartoon? This would be beneficial to WB. They get immediately paid for the rights to create the cartoon. They could share the cost with the streamer, and similar to the Marvel Netflix shows, at the end of the contract, the Wonder Woman Animated Series could either revert back to HBO Max, or there's another chance to re-up the contract with the streamer, thus more money.

There are also ancillary benefits like merchandise, Blu Rays, etc.

If Cartoon Network isn't interested in a Wonder Woman cartoon, I could see Netflix or Apple being interested.

Would anyone be interested in such an idea considering the many recent reports regarding WBD's overwhelming debt, and how it could possibly benefit Wonder Woman fans?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I just had a random thought. We all know WB Discovery is in bad financial shape, and it was reported that they are looking to shop Batman: Caped Crusader to another streaming platform. I was wondering, do you think there's a chance WBD could temporarily give another streamer the rights to create a Wonder Woman cartoon? This would be beneficial to WB. They get immediately paid for the rights to create the cartoon. They could share the cost with the streamer, and similar to the Marvel Netflix shows, at the end of the contract, the Wonder Woman Animated Series could either revert back to HBO Max, or there's another chance to re-up the contract with the streamer, thus more money.

There are also ancillary benefits like merchandise, Blu Rays, etc.

If Cartoon Network isn't interested in a Wonder Woman cartoon, I could see Netflix or Apple being interested.

Would anyone be interested in such an idea considering the many recent reports regarding WBD's overwhelming debt, and how it could possibly benefit Wonder Woman fans?
    Of course. WBD has always given out various rights (see Sandman on Netflix) but someone would have to show active interest in doing a WW cartoon.

I doubt WBD is even smart enough to put it in their contract that they'd retain the cartoon after x amount of years.

But the days of HBO Max trying to get back most of its bigger content is pretty much over as WBD has no interest in making the service top tier anymore.

Incredible Member

That art is....um....interesting...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    That art is....um....interesting...
    In this universe, instead of being born from clay, Diana was born from silicone.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Love these fight scenes.

Where is this from, please?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love these fight scenes.

Where is this from, please?
    Supergirl....i think #5 or 6?

Supergirl....i think #5 or 6?
    Thank you!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I'm admittedly enjoying the Vampire one quite a lot, to be honest.

Though its potential when it comes to the use of other characters is admitedly limited by the fact that, from what I've read, Tynion basically build the plot and chose many of the players, he wanted to be a Bat story and there was little that could be changed about that.

At the very least I'm going to give Rosenberg the benefit of the doubt because I thought that, terrible turning scene that is terrible and I'm not going to defend aside, his normal WW felt better than what Taylor writes (at least she didn't default to Warrior Woman archtype and seemed caring, smart and competent to the point the plot had to pull a Diabolus Ex Machina and said "hey, you need to start eating people now"). And the vampire version is entertaining, if underutilized (come on, a vampire Diana is basically a Diana who is also basically Cheetah [cursed with literal bloodthirst and painting smilies on her soul], there's a story in there, where's that spin-off?).

That being said even as someone who isn't a fan of DCeased (specially after the last issue), I don't think either are really edgy, if anything, sometimes they look somewhat tame given their respective subject matters.
    They are both weak and aren’t really all that edgy at all. I cannot see either appealing to true internet edgelords.

WW vs Supergirl the past decade

WW vs Supergirl the past decade

Yay! Look at Diana in action!

Given WWs constant comparison to Xena and it often used as a negative...as I rewatch the series this bit made me laugh.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 09-03-2022 at 06:13 PM.

God, I love Xena. Such a great series that never seems to get the love it deserves.

Incredible Member

I know a lot of people here won't care for one reason or another, but the Harley Quinn Animated Series references Wonder Woman 1984 in its latest episode, "Batman Begins Forever." Dr. Psycho has a radio show, and one of the upcoming calls is from Maxwell Lord who "wishes" he had a better life.

I thought that was hilarious and wanted to share.