Page 171 of 346 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 5178

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I agree. Its weird that we got so much news for those two but nothing for Diana, even if she just had a good year...gotta keep that momentum! Especially if we have a semi magical event that only includes Yara from the WW "fam". Especially reading pre-52 comics again, the Wonder fam was fairly close and intertwined with one another on the semi regular. Now everyone is on their own adventures and it feels more forced than natural.
    Yara's thing in The Green Deadly is nothingness itself, she's standing there doing nothing and not understanding anything.
    I also don't know why the Son of Kal-El has to be in a magical event, when Kryptonians are supposed to be vulnerable to magic. In his place there should have been someone from the Wonderfamily, Artemis because of her new connection to magic, but well...
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 10-09-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Yara's thing in The Green Deadly is nothingness itself, she's standing there doing nothing and not understanding anything.
    I also don't know why the Son of Kal-El has to be in a magical event, when Kryptonians are supposed to be vulnerable to magic. In his place there should have been someone from the Wonderfamily, Artemis because of his new connection to magic, but well...
    Has it even come out yet? We dont know what she'll be doing. Do I think it'll be much? No but...who knows. Artemis would be good though, I agree.

where are the lies! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I also don't know why the Son of Kal-El has to be in a magical event, when Kryptonians are supposed to be vulnerable to magic. In his place there should have been someone from the Wonderfamily, Artemis because of his new connection to magic, but well...
    Not too really worked up over the magical event. Seems just another filler event like that Winter Event that came around Death Metal from a while back since it's supposed to be a one-month thing.

And if any Wonder character should be written by Waid, given his track record better it be the one with not much of an interesting personality to screw up like he did Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not too really worked up over the magical event. Seems just another filler event like that Winter Event that came around Death Metal from a while back since it's supposed to be a one-month thing.

And if any Wonder character should be written by Waid, given his track record better it be the one with not much of an interesting personality to screw up like he did Diana.
    Lol!

But I was referring to the one shot Dark Crisis: The Green Deadly, which supposedly explores magic. It's still a great meh.
    I need more wonderfamily, I think I'm suffering from abstinence.

In that thing called lazarus, it seems that the Wonderfamily doesn't paint at all, maybe luckily.

I'll play the Devil's advocate. Wonder Woman 800 will get published next year. Could just be a normal issue or could be a special issue, we'll see. But we know that there will be a big storyline about various pantheons of gods coming to war (we might meet Yara's father, who knows). This storyline could very well be an event and have various one shots for other characters in the family. So maybe the reason why they didn't announce anything is because that storyline won't begin in January, only a bit later on

I'm guessing the renewed focus on the Super-fam is a DC-wide brand synergy thing. It sounds like they have big plans to push him in the DCEU again (another place where WW is getting paid dust these days, which makes sense - WW84 was awful and JL was a terrible showing for her). But it does seem like the DCEU's problem with women goes beyond that between Batgirl being canceled, Mera apparently being mostly cut from Aquaman 2, original plans to highlight Supergirl being sidelined so they can bring back Superman, and the JSA only having one woman in the line-up.

But yeah, looking damn bleak on the Wonder-side. Historia vol. 3's now pushed all the way out to December (plus we still have no info on whether it'll get picked up for the full 9 issues) and all they have planned beyond the main book is one upcoming Nubia one-shot. And the main book isn't exactly killing it right now either.

We need some updates on the video game for a morale boost...

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I'm guessing the renewed focus on the Super-fam is a DC-wide brand synergy thing. It sounds like they have big plans to push him in the DCEU again (another place where WW is getting paid dust these days, which makes sense - WW84 was awful and JL was a terrible showing for her). But it does seem like the DCEU's problem with women goes beyond that between Batgirl being canceled, Mera apparently being mostly cut from Aquaman 2, original plans to highlight Supergirl being sidelined so they can bring back Superman, and the JSA only having one woman in the line-up.
    Oh, don't get me started on that.
    I HATE that not a single trailer or TV clip released for Black Adam has even pretended to bother giving Cyclone any kind of push. Seriously, if BS flops, I will not lament it. Serves them right for ignoring the potential of a female audience to help the box office. If WBD were smarter, they would do multipler clips that feature each member of the JSA and each of their potential to bring in different demos: Cyclone women and LGBTQs (played by a non-binary woman), Hawkman (black audiences), Dr. Fate, (older men and women who love James Bond), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I HATE that not a single trailer or TV clip released for Black Adam has even pretended to bother giving Cyclone any kind of push. Seriously, if BS flops, I will not lament it. Serves them right for ignoring the potential of a female audience to help the box office. If WBD were smarter, they would do multipler clips that feature each member of the JSA and each of their potential to bring in different demos: Cyclone women and LGBTQs (played by a non-binary woman), Hawkman (black audiences), Dr. Fate, (older men and women who love James Bond), etc.
    Have any of the clips pushed Atom Smasher. The Rock is the draw here, everyone else are just his Michelles to his Beyonce

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    What does he have to do with James Bond? He's Dr. Fate not Dr. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    What does he have to do with James Bond? He's Dr. Fate not Dr. No.
    He was Bond so has a fan base

He was Bond so has a fan base
    Okay so who is playing him, Pierce Brosnon, Timothy Dalton, Daniel Craig?

Gail Simone mocking the idea of Diana having a father just a few years before DC went and did this exactly this. That's amazing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Gail Simone mocking the idea of Diana having a father just a few years before DC went and did this exactly this. That's amazing.
    She may have also, ironically, planted the seed in someone's head to do it. Fate usually has a sense of humor that way.

Doesn't make this page any less based.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Simone has said that she faced a lot of pressure to include more men in her WW run and to make men more central to the narrative.

The DCAU also implied that Hades was like a father to Diana. I think Diana would have gotten a father at some point since all the stars were aligning in that direction.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Yeah, I've heard the higher-ups at DC were pushing for a father for years. Azzarello was just the guy who pulled the trigger.

What's funny is how the previous attempts all mocked the idea or treated it as nothing of value. Like even aside from the scene above, Simone wrote a storyline that had Cottus declare he was technically Diana's father because the clay she was made from came from him.
    And Diana completely sand-bags it. Says, "That doesn't make you my father." and it never comes up again.

Even the DCAU didn't seem to have much respect for the idea. When Hades brags that he helped Hippolyta mold the clay, she--again--just says, "That doesn't make you my father."
    And then at the end of the episode, Hawkgirl asks if she thinks he was telling the truth, and Diana replies, "I really don't care." and it's never brought up again.

It feels like there were one or two guys in charge (DiDio probably one of them) that kept insisting on making this happen, and every creator passive aggressively took the piss out of it until the New 52.