Page 183 of 344 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 5159

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    It's a perfect encapsulation of how much Johns doesn't get Wonder Woman even when he's trying to humanize her.

He has her got on a two page diatribe, talking like a robot trying to decipher the meaning of something, where literally every other adaptation has Diana simply enjoying ice cream, and treated it as a funny and/or brief quirk.
    I really like the inclusion of ice cream as a character quirk; but wish more would be done with her love of rock and dance music.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    It's a perfect encapsulation of how much Johns doesn't get Wonder Woman even when he's trying to humanize her.

He has her got on a two page diatribe, talking like a robot trying to decipher the meaning of something, where literally every other adaptation has Diana simply enjoying ice cream, and treated it as a funny and/or brief quirk.
    Johns was basically writing Goku in a Wonder Woman cosplay here. And not even Goku at his good characterization, Goku at his flanderized characterization: an excessively naïve battle-crazed simpleton.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The general feel and definitely the art are what I want more of when it comes to WW and her verse

Fabok is a beast when he's drawing her, love his battle skirt design! I Like Lee and Daniels too, Chang had his moments as well. Are there any women artist that do a similar style? I often feel like generally they draw more 'soft' and less comic book action/adventure type.

And yeah, god as much as I crap on Nu52 stuff, I do miss stories with stakes and intense stuff like this.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Maybe I just need an example but I personally dont think that WW needs a softer and less cb action/adventure feel. I think giving her the same type of dark and "epic" stories like her counterparts get would add to her success.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Maybe I just need an example but I personally dont think that WW needs a softer and less cb action/adventure feel. I think giving her the same type of dark and "epic" stories like her counterparts get would add to her success.
    No, I agree with you. I'm just asking if there any women who draw in that style that people may know of. I think of like Bilquis Evely or even recently with Sauvage, its very pretty really beautiful for like dreamscape stuff but it lacks that edge in line work that Lee and Daniels have in their action beats.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    No, I agree with you. I'm just asking if there any women who draw in that style that people may know of. I think of like Bilquis Evely or even recently with Sauvage, its very pretty really beautiful for like dreamscape stuff but it lacks that edge in line work that Lee and Daniels have in their action beats.
    Nicola Scott I think is able to that style

Did a quick glance through JL New52 1st issues and definitely do not miss majority of what they did with WW but I did like this little debrief between Steve/Waller. Something like this would make for a good ending to a movie/tv series.

Nicola Scott I think is able to that style
    Yeah she can, I was looking for someone who hasn't done Diana before though.

Did a quick glance through JL New52 1st issues and definitely do not miss majority of what they did with WW but I did like this little debrief between Steve/Waller. Something like this would make for a good ending to a movie/tv series.

As botched as it was I think in some regards they were genuine in trying to create a fresh, modern, spin on the DCU to attract new readers.

So Diana slit a person's throat in front of a bunch of children in order to save said children? Hmm. What does that remind me of? Again, she has an infinitely elastic, unbreakable lasso of truth and possesses the speed of Hermes, the Greek deity of speed. You are telling me that she could not subdue the would-be child killer in the blink of an eye without shedding any blood? This goes back to so many writers' typically tone-deaf fixation on making Diana a "badass" chick that kills people for...reasons. Marston did not create Diana to be "the one Trinity member who will kill without remorse." It's not who she is. There are so many ways to make Diana a memorably fierce warrior and a truly badass superhero but unimaginative writers always go back to the same ole "have her kill without remorse" well. Oh well.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Diana being willing to kill when she needs to, when there is no other option, is fine. When it's on the level of Deimos, Max Lord, Medusa or Genocide.

I will never buy that a non-powered human criminal poses enough of a challenge for her that she needs to end their life. One of the most powerful beings on the planet acting like judge, jury and executioner towards people who are ants to her isn't inspiring, it's terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Diana being willing to kill when she needs to, when there is no other option, is fine. When it's on the level of Deimos, Max Lord, Medusa or Genocide.

I will never buy that a non-powered human criminal poses enough of a challenge for her that she needs to end their life. One of the most powerful beings on the planet acting like judge, jury and executioner towards people who are ants to her isn't inspiring, it's terrifying.
    Tbh, I don't even think of Max Lord as a good example because of how contrived the scenario was to make a situation where Diana would kill someone. I'm baffled by those who think it's a good story.

Rucka's Medusa arc and The Hiketia are far better examples of testing Wonder Woman's moral limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Tbh, I don't even think of Max Lord as a good example because of how contrived the scenario was to make a situation where Diana would kill someone. I'm baffled by those who think it's a good story.

Rucka's Medusa arc and The Hiketia are far better examples of testing Wonder Woman's moral limits.
    How else is Superman free of his control?

How else is Superman free of his control?
    A simple K.O. ought to the trick followed by a visit to a supervillain prison complex where powers are negated.

Like the one shown where Psycho (someone's whose shown far more impressive mind powers than Max has) was held when he was introduced in the very same Rucka run.

Not that hard.