Page 19 of 346 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Wonder Woman should be faster than Superman or at least equal to him. Her speed comes from a god famous for his speed. And she used to be "swifter than Mercury" but somehow Superman is superior? It makes no sense. Now that I think about it's also pretty silly that Cheetah is faster than her.
    Cheetah has always been faster than Diana, even golden age Cheetah who "had no powers" was said to run 70 mph.
    (...although in Wonder Woman's first appearance she was sprinting at 80 mph, but then Marston retconed that issue, sort of, so who knows!)

I mean, it's all silly to begin with that an alien who gets his powers from the sun is in anyway stronger than a god.

But in the end, I don't really care if WW is a little weaker that Superman because they gave him like, 20 physical weakness and she doesn't have any (anymore).

Plus, I mean...it really doesn't matter who should be stronger. They all have impressive feats and they all have power levels that change for the plot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Cheetah has always been faster than Diana, even golden age Cheetah who "had no powers" was said to run 70 mph.
    (...although in Wonder Woman's first appearance she was sprinting at 80 mph, but then Marston retconed that issue, sort of, so who knows!)

I mean, it's all silly to begin with that an alien who gets his powers from the sun is in anyway stronger than a god.

But in the end, I don't really care if WW is a little weaker that Superman because they gave him like, 20 physical weakness and she doesn't have any (anymore).

Plus, I mean...it really doesn't matter who should be stronger. They all have impressive feats and they all have power levels that change for the plot.
    That a divine Cheetah is faster than Wonder Woman don't seems like a stretch to me, at least not if they are finally constant with it and make Cheetah a kind of speedster,. And i don't care much about if Superman is physically stronger, but the weaknesses argument holds no water until Wonder Woman constantly has no bullets, blades and piercing weakness anymore, until many of Superman's other weaknesses than kryptonite even constantly matter, and especially until Wonder Woman either also has a regularily usable super mode or Superman can't just drastically increase his power anymore with sun dipping. And the latter had lately even utterly ridiculous results.

But the true problem is that far more often than not the plot worked against Wonder Woman, and if not to make Batman look good, typically to make Superman look good. And in that regard is it even kind of a disadvantage that Wonder Woman is part of the trinity.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Well in that case should DC finally lose the rights on Wonder Woman/just sell them, because it is meant to be that way without any doubt, the whole character Wonder Woman has no true purpose without that because we are talking about the literal core and reason for why she got created without any room for big interpretations in the question of being equal to Superman or even more what he represents in that regard. And DC even kind of seems to understand that, because all the unfulfilled lip service still exists for a reason. There is a big and very important dfference between, Superman is physically stronger or Superman is outright superior.

The core of what Siegel and Shuster have intended is also still there, and any Superman where that was not the case got rightfully criticized, often even heavily.
    Maybe DC should. In some ways, both Wonder Woman and Superman shouldn't be in a shared universe.

Until that happens though, no use complaining about something that clearly isn't going to happen.

I think Priscilla was vaguely meant to be superhuman. On the Tv Tropes page for Golden Age Wonder Woman, they compare her to other "new humans" like Gail Young or Lana Kurree who were evolving differently and getting powers. Her speed is speculated to be part of that.

yep, Marston did Mutants first.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I think Priscilla was vaguely meant to be superhuman. On the Tv Tropes page for Golden Age Wonder Woman, they compare her to other "new humans" like Gail Young or Lana Kurree who were evolving differently and getting powers. Her speed is speculated to be part of that.

yep, Marston did Mutants first.
    *x-men theme song intensifys*

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe DC should. In some ways, both Wonder Woman and Superman shouldn't be in a shared universe.

Until that happens though, no use complaining about something that clearly isn't going to happen.
    Probably.

On the contrary, looking at the story about DCAU Superman and the fan complains should there be probably more complain about the constant nerfing of Wonder Woman especially to prop up Superman or others, but more proactively. It is kind of baffling anyway how that can be so hard for them for just 2 characters already, i have to say DC seems incredibly incompetent in that and many other regards, which makes me often think they just still exist because of being there since so long and having so many big names to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Probably.

On the contrary, looking at the story about DCAU Superman and the fan complains should there be probably more complain about the constant nerfing of Wonder Woman especially to prop up Superman or others, but more proactively. It is kind of baffling anyway how that can be so hard for them for just 2 characters already, i have to say DC seems incredibly incompetent in that and many other regards, which makes me often think they just still exist because of being there since so long and having so many big names to be honest.
    I don't think there's exactly a shortage of fans complaining if Diana gets nerfed so Clark can keep his title as the strongest.

Though to be honest there's things that annoy me more about DCAU Diana, and Clark to a lesser degree, than the issue of whether or not they were nerfed.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I hope they put Wonder Woman back on the Justice League Dark when she returns from the Sphere of Gods, I really like that book.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I hope they put Wonder Woman back on the Justice League Dark when she returns from the Sphere of Gods, I really like that book.
    Yeah, that was easily the best team book she's been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perhaps it would have been better for Diana to be in her own continuity.
    Hard to argue against when generally the worst parts of the best runs on WW tend to be when stuff from the rest of the DC Universe tends forces itself into the book or lame ensemble stuff like Justice League and Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perhaps it would have been better for Diana to be in her own continuity.
    As fun as them all existing in the same world can be, honestly I think most of the characters would be better off in their own continuity. At the very least it erases power wars and questions of worth within a lore.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    As fun as them all existing in the same world can be, honestly I think most of the characters would be better off in their own continuity. At the very least it erases power wars and questions of worth within a lore.
    Like the stupid argument of "why doesn't so-and-so call this person when stuff happens."

I'll say though, if it wasn't for Wonder Woman existing in the greater DC Universe she probably wouldn't be as popular as she is today. How many female superheroes have their own solo books that don't in some way have there hero identity tied to a man or didn't debut in a superhero team book?

It's her visits in other heroes books that help keep her relevant. I'd like to think it's more than that, but maybe it's not. We won't know because we don't exist in a world where Wonder Woman wasn't tied to every major event in DC comics.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Like the stupid argument of "why doesn't so-and-so call this person when stuff happens."

I'll say though, if it wasn't for Wonder Woman existing in the greater DC Universe she probably wouldn't be as popular as she is today. How many female superheroes have their own solo books that don't in some way have there hero identity tied to a man or didn't debut in a superhero team book?

It's her visits in other heroes books that help keep her relevant. I'd like to think it's more than that, but maybe it's not. We won't know because we don't exist in a world where Wonder Woman wasn't tied to every major event in DC comics.
    Or she could be in a better position. She hasn't played a big part in most major events in DC. She is just there for the most part. That's hardly an achievement. DC has hardly done much to keep her relevant anyway. WW was a major game changer when she first appeared. So i have no doubt that she could have done just fine in another label that isn't DC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I heard she once had telepathy of some kind. If so, what happened to that power?
    I know I'm late for this conversation, but wouldn't telepathy make the lasso pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I know I'm late for this conversation, but wouldn't telepathy make the lasso pointless?
    No because the lasso is way faster. And telepathy also isn't an indestructible rope that can stretch to infinity.

Ultimate Member

No because the lasso is way faster. And telepathy also isn't an indestructible rope that can stretch to infinity.
    I assume telepathy is much more instantaneous, but it could have other limitations.