Page 2 of 336 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I would love to see them work together. Like Maybe Dick finds a magic item and he goes to Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I would love to see them work together. Like Maybe Dick finds a magic item and he goes to Diana?
    My two favs! Would love so team ups with them.

Retired

Watching the Lynda Carter series, something I wondered about--and I didn't want to start a whole new thread for it so I'll pose it here--what age is Stever Trevor, Jr.? In the first episode of THE NEW ADVENTURES OF WONDER WOMAN, in 1977, Steve Trevor, Jr., is introduced as the son of the original Steve Trevor. He knows that his dad had adventures up until 1945 with Wonder Woman. Lyle Waggoner was born in 1935 and on the show he certainly doesn't look 32--which is the oldest he could be if he was born in 1945. So either he was born at the time Steve Sr. was adventuring with Diana--and she never knew that her Steve was with someone else (presumably his wife)--or before that and maybe dad divorced the wife before the war and Junior was living with his mom, while dad was in Washington with Diana.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to make this observation--and I think it must have occurred to me when the show was originally on. The explanation that he was Steve's son--and not Diana's son, too--never sat well with me. It either means Steve Sr. got over his feelings for Diana very quickly, at the end of the war, or he had this whole other life and family that he never talked about with Diana during the war years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Watching the Lynda Carter series, something I wondered about--and I didn't want to start a whole new thread for it so I'll pose it here--what age is Stever Trevor, Jr.? In the first episode of THE NEW ADVENTURES OF WONDER WOMAN, in 1977, Steve Trevor, Jr., is introduced as the son of the original Steve Trevor. He knows that his dad had adventures up until 1945 with Wonder Woman. Lyle Waggoner was born in 1935 and on the show he certainly doesn't look 32--which is the oldest he could be if he was born in 1945. So either he was born at the time Steve Sr. was adventuring with Diana--and she never knew that her Steve was with someone else (presumably his wife)--or before that and maybe dad divorced the wife before the war and Junior was living with his mom, while dad was in Washington with Diana.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to make this observation--and I think it must have occurred to me when the show was originally on. The explanation that he was Steve's son--and not Diana's son, too--never sat well with me. It either means Steve Sr. got over his feelings for Diana very quickly, at the end of the war, or he had this whole other life and family that he never talked about with Diana during the war years.
    I think we have to assume that Steve Jr. was no more than 31 in 1977, despite Waggoner’s real age and appearance. Jr. was a very seasoned, mature-looking 31. ;-)

Also, I don’t think the ABC episodes went beyond 1942. We might speculate that off-screen Diana and Steve concluded that a romantic relationship would never work and that Steve may have been seeing someone else near the war’s end.
    Last edited by Largo161; 10-10-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    WW issue 763 was plain to me, Diana feels weak the revelation was seen miles away and overall just didn't work well. There is no action on the level Diana should be I fear this is a continuing trend for her solo title.

Its also again confirmed that Post-Crisis, Nu52, and Rebirth WW are the same WW.
    What do you mean??? DC wiped out the Post-crisis, Nu52!! Why wouldn't the Rebirth WW be the same??

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    What do you mean??? DC wiped out the Post-crisis, Nu52!! Why wouldn't the Rebirth WW be the same??
    Well, as least as per Doomsday Clock, each reality is it's own Earth. So the series revealed that instead of each reality shattering event destroying what came before, instead it splintered off a new Earth with it's own new reality and history. So Golden Age Diana, Silver/Bronze Age Diana, post Crisis Diana, nu 52 Diana Rebirth Diana, are all their own separate versions each on their own respective Earth.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Well, as least as per Doomsday Clock, each reality is it's own Earth. So the series revealed that instead of each reality shattering event destroying what came before, instead it splintered off a new Earth with it's own new reality and history. So Golden Age Diana, Silver/Bronze Age Diana, post Crisis Diana, nu 52 Diana Rebirth Diana, are all their own separate versions each on their own respective Earth.
    OK!! Didn't know that!!! I didn't read the Doomsday Clock series yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Except that hasn't translated to anything outside of doomsday clock and is provably shown otherwise.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Just saw the sneak peak at issue 764 and I am just not interested in any of it. Tamaki has the bones of a basic comic story but her executions have so far been piss poor. Dull story telling and this continued team up is not something I'm going to spend money on.

Is anyone even still buying this book?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Just saw the sneak peak at issue 764 and I am just not interested in any of it. Tamaki has the bones of a basic comic story but her executions have so far been piss poor. Dull story telling and this continued team up is not something I'm going to spend money on.

Is anyone even still buying this book?
    Had to tighten the belt recently so this was something I had to drop. Only DC book I’m keeping with has been Green Lantern.

Except that hasn't translated to anything outside of doomsday clock and is provably shown otherwise.
    Which i fault the powers that be for... they crated a simple and elegant solution for all these varying realities, but force Death Metal and (almost) 5G on us....

This is a GREAT blog post, showing all of us what the WW comic is sorely missing, right now, ..and has been, for several decades. What's that? Characters, we care about and look forward to seeing and coming back for... Wonder Woman Historia...Diana’s Allies!

I'd forgotten all about Metala, before reading this.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

The latest issue of Agent of Peace featured Cassie. At this point it's almost surreal to see her in a WW comic...

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The latest issue of Agent of Peace featured Cassie. At this point it's almost surreal to see her in a WW comic...
    Didn’t realize they had more issues to publish for AoP.

Looks like next issue will feature Devastation.

A WONDERful message from Lynda Carter to we Wonder Fans...! http://https://www.themarysue.com/ly...ve-letter/amp/