Page 20 of 346 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I assume telepathy is much more instantaneous, but it could have other limitations.
    Wonder Woman herself can move faster than thought, she's constantly shown blocking bullets after all. So she could wrap most villains in the lasso and make them start talking long before a telepath could.

Plus there's all that talk about "mental barriers" (Marvel loves using that against telepaths). The lasso can cut through that entirely, so it won't matter if you have "mental barriers" or not.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-17-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Or she could be in a better position. She hasn't played a big part in most major events in DC. She is just there for the most part. That's hardly an achievement. DC has hardly done much to keep her relevant anyway. WW was a major game changer when she first appeared. So i have no doubt that she could have done just fine in another label that isn't DC.
    She played a huge part in the most recent event, she literally reset DC continuity (or made all continuity cannon or something). DC is celebrating her 80th anniversary will a whole bunch of new books. And her current book hasn't had this much attention since Rucka's run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wonder Woman herself can move faster than thought, she's constantly shown blocking bullets after all. So she could wrap most villains in the lasso and make them start talking long before a telepath could.

Plus there's all that talk about "metal barriers" (Marvel loves using that against telepaths). The lasso can cut through that entirely, so it won't matter if you have "metal barriers" or not.
    Didn't think of that

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She played a huge part in the most recent event, she literally reset DC continuity (or made all continuity cannon or something). DC is celebrating her 80th anniversary will a whole bunch of new books. And her current book hasn't had this much attention since Rucka's run.
    Right, after literally more than 30 years of almost nothing in terms of being a major player in an event. And let's see how much of this attention is actually good, and if it lasts beyond 2021. Because the likes of BM and SM have had a lot of attention outside of anniversary years. But WW?, not at all. So again, time for DC to put their money where their mouth is or stop hyping her up only to come out short.

It's fair to criticize DC for being, largely, poor caretakers of the character that's all fairly well-documented throughout her history but let's not be entirely ungrateful when they seem to actually be doing some good stuff. Lord knows I got some sour grapes over Death Metal being a "Wonder Woman story" but I'm actually liking the WW stuff they seemed to have lined up at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's fair to criticize DC for being, largely, poor caretakers of the character that's all fairly well-documented throughout her history but let's not be entirely ungrateful when they seem to actually be doing some good stuff. Lord knows I got some sour grapes over Death Metal being a "Wonder Woman story" but I'm actually liking the WW stuff they seemed to have lined up at the moment.
    What they are doing in 2021 won't be enough to compensate for decades of bad treatment. I just lost all hope with DC. So i won't hold my breath. I will believe it when i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Amazon pre-order page for the 80 Years of Wonder Woman collection is up. Doesn’t specify what issues yet beyond just listing Perez and Jimenez as contributors.
    Solicitation for it along with the issues collected

For 80 years Wonder Woman has stood as a symbol of truth, justice, and equality to people everywhere! Follow along in this incredible collection as the Amazon Warrior fights for justice—starting from the first appearance of Wonder Woman through some of her most incredible battles against foes like the Cheetah and Ares.

This anniversary hardcover collects stories from All-Star Comics #8, Sensation Comics, #1, Comic Cavalcade #11, Wonder Woman (vol. 1) #5, #78, #98, #124, #162, #203, and #206, Wonder Woman (vol. 2) #6, #57, #73, and #170, Wonder Woman (vol. 3) #1, #13, #600, Wonder Woman (New 52) #13, Wonder Woman #750, and DC Comics Presents #41, along with new historical essays and a new cover by Jim Lee.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I was gonna riot if Wonder Woman Vol. 2, #170 wasn't included but of course it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I was gonna riot if Wonder Woman Vol. 2, #170 wasn't included but of course it is.
    Yeah, that wasn't in the 75 year collection so nice to see it there.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1

Classic Wonder Woman stories from the Silver Age of comics are reprinted here for the first time in color.

Fans of the Amazon Warrior won't want to miss this collection of some of the finest Wonder Woman comics from the 1950’s and 1960’s by some of the eras top talents including writer Robert Kanigher and legendary artist Ross Andru. These exciting tales featured Wonder Woman as a teenager, introduced Wonder Tot, teamed-up Diana with her mother, Queen Hippoylta, and much more.

Includes Wonder Woman #98-123
    Wonder Woman: Who is Wonder Woman The Deluxe Edition

Acclaimed television scribe and co-writer of the Wonder Woman film Allan Heinberg presents an epic new story about the Amazon Warrior

Is she Diana Prince, secret agent of the Department of Metahuman Affairs? Donna Troy, sister to Diana and the current bearer of the costume? Or villainous Circe, who has stolen all of Diana’s powers?

The answer to that question is as complicated as the woman herself, and with Circe augmenting the powers of all of Wonder Woman’s deadliest rogues, there will be intense battles and ultimate challenges for whoever takes on the mantle.

Critically acclaimed writer Allan Heinberg (GREY’S ANATOMY, SEX AND THE CITY) teams up with the fan-favorite art team of Terry and Rachel Dodson for an action-filled adventure that will leave Wonder Woman fans breathless! Collecting Wonder Woman #1-4, Wonder Woman Annual #1, and also includes a sketch section by Terry Dodson.
    Wonder Woman: Blood and Guts The Deluxe Edition

The Gods walk among us and only one woman would dare try to protect humanity from the wrath of such strange and powerful forces. But is she one of us—or one of them?

When Wonder Woman is willing to take a stand against Hera, Queen of the Gods, she makes herself an enemy. But Hera isn't the one Wonder Woman should be worried about...her daughter, Strife, is coming to Paradise Island...and she has a secret that will shatter Wonder Woman's life. Will the Amazons' most powerful daughter be there to shield them from the wrath of Hera when she arrives?

When Hades and Poseidon need to settle who will be King of the Gods—Wonder Woman can't let their turf war decimate the realm of man!

And what true story of the Gods is compelte without a little trip to hell?

Catch all these wonderful moments and more in Wonder Woman: Blood and Guts The Deluxe Edition collecting Wonder Woman #1-12!

azz run does not deserve to be celebrated in WW anniversary in my opinion. He is one of the main reasons why her character and verse have suffered so much this past decade.

Hmm, might get the Azz New 52 stuff if they also do deluxe collections of the rest of the run but I guess nice they're collecting the other stuff even if I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wonder Woman's REAL Origin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuLLV9916Ec

Uhhhh........

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    azz run does not deserve to be celebrated in WW anniversary in my opinion. He is one of the main reasons why her character and verse have suffered so much this past decade.
    I'm mixed. Daddy Zeus and the demonization of the Amazons can go straight to the pit, yes, but there's some stuff there I think that's worthwhile. We at least got rid of the Amazons being sex-pirates, so hopefully Daddy Zeus isn't entirely insurmountable either.