Page 249 of 346 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 5178
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's the primary distinguishing trait of the revamped version....
    Says anyone for whom white = normal and Black = different. You cannot say "original" and "Black" as though the original doesn't have a race, but the new one does. If you do, it's indicative of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Thanks, so it comes from Red Hood and the Outlaws. Good to know. I'm probably never gonna read that book since I find the new 52 version of Jason Todd nauseating, but thanks non the less.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Barbara and Etta getting together did happen.

Instead I get the vibe that Rucka wanted to do Diana/Barbara, but editorial said no, so Etta was the compromise.
    Would be kind of surreal to hook up with your Archenemy.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Look at Buffy/Spike.....

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Says anyone for whom white = normal and Black = different. You cannot say "original" and "Black" as though the original doesn't have a race, but the new one does. If you do, it's indicative of something.
    Enh, You say that, but... no not really true.

you're reading what you want into this and making up implications that don't exist.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh, You say that, but... no not really true.

you're reading what you want into this and making up implications that don't exist.
    Folks love to throw the rock then hide their hand.

But anyway. I often find your posts troubling and trollish. So I'm blocking you. I wish I could say it was fun conversing with you. Alas....

Folks love to throw the rock then hide their hand.

But anyway. I often find your posts troubling and trollish. So I'm blocking you. I wish I could say it was fun conversing with you. Alas....
    coming from someone who got POed just because someone used the word "black"?

lolz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would mirror the latest reboot of She-Ra with her archenemy and cat girl, Catra

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    When Greg Rucka was writing Wonder Woman Rebirth he intended for Cheetah and Etta to get together, but that didn't happen.(probably due to editorial). Black Etta is shown to be with a woman in one of the latest Wonder Woman issues. I consider the original Etta and Black Etta to be to different characters. As for Cheetah, I don't see her as an LGBTQ character and don't like the CheetahxEtta pairing.
    Well, this racebent, Sapphic Etta is still Etta Candy, and her being queer makes perfect sense thematically in a book where one of the title character's classic Golden Age exclamations was "Suffering Sappho!"; whether you like it or not, lesbian, black Etta Candy is still Etta Candy, period. I don't care about a Cheetah/Etta Candy romance not because I could not see Barbara as queer, but because I cannot imagine Etta falling in love or lust with a villainous woman who has given her bestie so much grief throughout the years.

There's Golden Age Etta Candy, and then there's every other version of Etta Candy.

Amy Reeder and Renae De Liz come close to the original, and Gail Simone's take does have some lesser qualities.

Etta Candy being gay makes a lot of sense, and her having dark brown skin is perfectly fine if she's written with care (because it kind of reaches the POC Alfred level of easily becoming offensive).

The main point is that Silver Age Etta Candy wasn't really Etta Candy,
    Bronze Age Etta Candy wasn't really Etta Candy,
    Post Crisis Etta Candy wasn't really Etta Candy
    New 52 Etta Candy wasn't really Etta Candy
    Rebirth Etta Candy wasn't really Etta Candy

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    What is this book? It's the second time I've seen it referenced here.
    The DC Book of Pride

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    The DC Book of Pride

Thank you! That book is beautiful

Incredible Member

I would have written Caucasian Etta and African-American Etta or simply Original and New 52/Rebirth Etta but I was in a hurry and I wrote original and black instead. That wasn't my intention and I wasn't trying to offend anybody. I usually use ethnicity or nationality when referring to characters (if the character's ethnic/national background is known).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Thanks, so it comes from Red Hood and the Outlaws. Good to know. I'm probably never gonna read that book since I find the new 52 version of Jason Todd nauseating, but thanks non the less.
    In some fairness thats the Rebirth Outlaws book, which is agreed to be substantially better written than the New 52 one and quite good on its own merits (well before the Outlaws section at least)

Granted Scott Lobdell is still writing it so your mileage will vary on how willing you are to put up with a book with that guys name on it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In some fairness thats the Rebirth Outlaws book, which is agreed to be substantially better written than the New 52 one and quite good on its own merits (well before the Outlaws section at least)

Granted Scott Lobdell is still writing it so your mileage will vary on how willing you are to put up with a book with that guys name on it.
    Yeah it's clearly much better than the first one. And for Artemis being bi/pan however bad writing and personality Scott Lobdell has he has made and written so many lgbt+ characters.