Page 251 of 341 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 5106

Ah, Bia!!! That little scene where she expressed how her soul had desired that moment for a long time made me cry. Literally. Yet another reminder of how much I wish Diana had a second book that explored untold/hidden/secret stories of her supporting cast and her multitude of peripheral characters (like Ferdinand, Atlantiades, Bia, Ed Indelicato, Trevor Barnes and Bobby Barnes, Mindy Mayer, Rama, Mayfly, and so many others, including so many obscure villains with so much potential)...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Ah, Bia!!! That little scene where she expressed how her soul had desired that moment for a long time made me cry. Literally. Yet another reminder of how much I wish Diana had a second book that explored untold/hidden/secret stories of her supporting cast and her multitude of peripheral characters (like Ferdinand, Atlantiades, Bia, Ed Indelicato, Trevor Barnes and Bobby Barnes, Mindy Mayer, Rama, Mayfly, and so many others, including so many obscure villains with so much potential)...
    I agree, the WW mythos has a large and diverse cast of characters to play with, but most writers don't do much with them. Which is understandable considering Diana has one book of 20 pages and those should mostly feature her. Ferdinand really should be used much more. He adds the fantastical to her cast and a touch of humor and levity that is needed, particularly when Etta isn't written very Etta. As much as Wilson's run was a disappointment, her introduction and use of Atlantiades was a high point and I'd like to see them involved in storylines every now and then. Siggy has been great, but who knows if he'll go the way of non-Steve male support characters...

Bia is amazing and having a trans Amazon was so needed in the Amazon and WW mythos. Io finding a spot as Nubia's boo thang is also cool, but she had a cooler design back in the day. Reformed Medusa as an Amazon is pretty freaking cool, ngl, but I think she's off at Doom's Doorway now, or something? Idk but certainly an inspired choice considering her mythological maltreatment. I think post-Rebirth Barbara has a strong foundation to be a villainous lead a la Ms. Ivey, but who knows what DC wants to do with her.

Not to mention all the Wonder girls, two of which are without a home at the moment. Yara is particularly disadvantaged because she's so new but so little has been firmly established, and by the time it does (if it does) it will have squandered much of the goodwill she had at the onset. She really needs her book back or an arc in the main book alongside Diana establishing everything besides the most rudimentary blocks we've been given. How we haven't thoroughly explored the Esquecida or the cool Brazilian mythology/folklore creatures, gods, and settings is such a travesty. Why introduce some thing so juicy and then leave it out to dry?

And where the hell is Artemis? She killed Hippolyta at her request, got some magic or something, and now she's MIA. 20 pages is simply not enough for all these story threads. In my heart of hearts, I'd love a year long weekly Wonder Woman Eternal written by Rucka, DeConnick, Cloonrad, Simone, Jimenez, Scott, Orlando and Morrison. They're such a hodgepodge group of creators with their own styles and takes that it'd be fun to see what the synthesis of their ideas can create. Could suck, but it would at least be interesting.

I love that they included Bia. I wonder if Blue Snowman is in it since they're one of the few gender fluid characters at DC?

Incredible Member

So how do you guys feel about Diana being a active hero I'm her teen years like how Clark was? Should she leave for Mans world when she's older or younger?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So how do you guys feel about Diana being a active hero I'm her teen years like how Clark was? Should she leave for Mans world when she's older or younger?
    I'm not sure what qualifies as teen for an Amazon. According to Nubia and the Amazons, Diana is thousands of years old.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    I'm not sure what qualifies as teen for an Amazon. According to Nubia and the Amazons, Diana is thousands of years old.
    No she isn't. It says that the well of centuries has been inactive for centuries, and it says that was around the time when Diana waas born. I still say the idea of Diana being on the island for even 100 years is ridiculously out of character, but it certainly hasn't been 1000 years even in current mainstream comics

*logs onto my blog on tumblr*

*sees I have like 60+ like notifications, 60 more than usual*

*sees DeConnick shared the review I did of Historia #3*

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    *logs onto my blog on tumblr*

*sees I have like 60+ like notifications, 60 more than usual*

*sees DeConnick shared the review I did of Historia #3*

I’ll give this a read!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The WW cameo in The Flash leaked and was circulating around Twitter for a sec - looks like it's been taken down though. For those who are curious but don't want to actually see the movie (which was also my situation...):

spoilers:
    It's only, like, a minute long. She saves Bruce from falling off a bridge, there's yet another "someone accidentally spills their guts while touching the lasso" gag (Bruce says he dresses up as a bat to deal with his childhood trauma and would probably do more good using his resources to end poverty, Barry yells out that he's a virgin), she flies away. Pretty uneventful but hey, at least it finally establishes in canon that she can fly...
    end of spoilers

Curious to see when/if Gal announces that it was officially her last appearance.

What does "other Wonder Woman Related Titles" count?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What does "other Wonder Woman Related Titles" count?
    Sensation, Black & Gold, All-Star, Agent of Peace, annuals etc.

Stories were WW is the focus but not the "Wonder Woman" book.
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-14-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    The WW cameo in The Flash leaked and was circulating around Twitter for a sec - looks like it's been taken down though. For those who are curious but don't want to actually see the movie (which was also my situation...):

spoilers:
    It's only, like, a minute long. She saves Bruce from falling off a bridge, there's yet another "someone accidentally spills their guts while touching the lasso" gag (Bruce says he dresses up as a bat to deal with his childhood trauma and would probably do more good using his resources to end poverty, Barry yells out that he's a virgin), she flies away. Pretty uneventful but hey, at least it finally establishes in canon that she can fly...
    end of spoilers

Curious to see when/if Gal announces that it was officially her last appearance.
    Umm... yay? I guess? least its over for now.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    No she isn't. It says that the well of centuries has been inactive for centuries, and it says that was around the time when Diana waas born. I still say the idea of Diana being on the island for even 100 years is ridiculously out of character, but it certainly hasn't been 1000 years even in current mainstream comics
    Maybe they are using the mechanics of Not Time on Themyscira expressly explained by Byrne? Other runs referenced the strange way time works or doesn't work on the island before him, but his run gave a detailed conversion.