Page 27 of 345 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

On a different note, I don't hate Greg Capullo's artwork... wouldn't mind him as an artist at some point, granted not with Scott Snyder writing.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    On a different note, I don't hate Greg Capullo's artwork... wouldn't mind him as an artist at some point, granted not with Scott Snyder writing.
    I think he's great on Batman but I can't say I've never been "wowed" when he does DC's other characters. Granted most everything he's done at DC is somehow Bat-related in some form or another.

Plus I think I'm the only person who hated Diana's blue highlights on her Death Metal design.

Yeah, that's a power amp not what she can normally do. I'm talking base Diana no power ups or enhancements.
    I don't think a character has ben able to do stuff like that naturally since the Silver Age.

Also, Marvel what's this...

Marvel: Heroes Return #6

HEROES REBORN #6 will turn the spotlight on the fabled daughter of Utopia Isle known as Power Princess. She’s defeated the All-Gog, Gorr the God Butcher and the King in Black, but now she must venture into the ruins of Asgard, where something unexplained is stirring in the graveyard of the gods.
    ...at this point how is this a coincidence? ( I know its probably a coincidence but still)

I do like his art, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think he's great on Batman but I can't say I've never been "wowed" when he does DC's other characters. Granted most everything he's done at DC is somehow Bat-related in some form or another.

Plus I think I'm the only person who hated Diana's blue highlights on her Death Metal design.
    No, I was right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I don't think a character has ben able to do stuff like that naturally since the Silver Age.

Also, Marvel what's this...

Marvel: Heroes Return #6

...at this point how is this a coincidence? ( I know its probably a coincidence but still)
    No, DC powerhouses have done some stupid stuff since the start of Post-COIE even in Nu52, just not really Diana.

Also, with the Marvel thing, I'm about to watch Marvel bust out a Wondy Clone who has all the power Diana is suppose to have in DC. Gorr, All-Gog, and King in Black.... DC would never let Diana have a moment like that.

No, DC powerhouses have done some stupid stuff since the start of Post-COIE even in Nu52, just not really Diana.

Also, with the Marvel thing, I'm about to watch Marvel bust out a Wondy Clone who has all the power Diana is suppose to have in DC. Gorr, All-Gog, and King in Black.... DC would never let Diana have a moment like that.
    Power Princess is also evil...

Diana did stuff in Nu52 as well, she battled kryptonians and scared away a Doomsday Superman.

post-crisis pulled the Earth along with Sups and MM, blocked projectiles that were so fast they could travel across the universe in seconds. That's the stuff I'm remembering off the top of my head.

oh and she big banged the universe

(Edit: She took out Darksied in her own series, defeated Genocide who took out the JL, soloed Shaggy Man who is a JL level threat. Defeated the Phantom Stranger.

Pulled MM out of a black hole. Caught Jessie Quick while she was in the speed force. Offers to carry Themyscira in Hercules stead. Survives the pressure of a black hole.

I don't really see Power Princess killing KiB as more than any of those...)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-25-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Diana did stuff in Nu52 as well, she battled kryptonians and scared away a Doomsday Superman.

post-crisis pulled the Earth along with Sups and MM, blocked projectiles that were so fast they could travel across the universe in seconds. That's the stuff I'm remembering off the top of my head.

New 52 WW didn't even take a nuke on her own. Was broken by a larve Doomsday, and she did not scare Doomsday Superman. She did not much against him. But hey, at least she faced better than when DD so easily broke her arms. WW hasn't felt like a proper powerhouse in a while. On the contrary, she feels pretty fragile these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    New 52 WW didn't even take a nuke on her own. Was broken by a larve Doomsday, and she did not scare Doomsday Superman. She did not much against him. But hey, at least she faced better than when DD so easily broke her arms. WW hasn't felt like a proper powerhouse in a while. On the contrary, she feels pretty fragile these days.
    Sups can't take a nuke on his own either without turning into a zombie.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Sups can't take a nuke on his own either without turning into a zombie.

Sup took a nuke while weakened in new 52 along with WW. Who had to be protected with his cape.

She only stopped Doomsday Superman for a moment. Not much more than that. And even in the so called God Mode. She says she can't be in outter space for long. Being a God hasn't done much for WW these past years. She is hyped a lot, but the actual results show her more as just a super human than an actual God.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Sup took a nuke while weakened in new 52 along with WW. Who had to be protected with his cape.

She only stopped Doomsday Superman for a moment. Not much more than that. And even in the so called God Mode. She says she can't be in outter space for long. Being a God hasn't done much for WW these past years. She is hyped a lot, but the actual results show her more as just a super human than an actual God.
    IDK why she couldn't be in space, that was dumb. It got retconned pretty quick though.

I mean, who cares how long she stopped him, she still stopped him and saved people and Superman.

She took down a supercharged Supergirl recently too.

-

I'm sorry if anyone has been disappointed.

I know she's evil but I don't enjoy her for her personality, I mean as in even Marvel will casually hype up Power Princess as a serious powerhouse because they can and it seems like they put their money where their mouth is. I read Jane Thor and was like "wow this could have been casual Diana from day one", instead we get writers like Fontana, Robinson, GWW, and Tamaki that have her over shadowed and keep her at just about mid tier and don't give her serious challenges in villains. It's like your writing the premiere female hero, some one with all the power of Superman, I mean she's basically Captain America and Thor combined but way faster, and think about how boring the stories were and how limited she felt as a powerhouse.

Yeah those are impressive things, back in post-crisis she was handled somewhat well, Nu52 is a shadow of that form. Heck, I posted a RESPECT thread to show off what she use to be capable of. I mean you compare her moments with the list of frankly more consistent things other powerhouses have done and it's laughable, people call her "scaling woman" because she's incapable of doing those things on her own. She's always just measured up to someone else, her villains are usually lack luster in other books... actually even her own sometimes, and she doesn't really get to show her power without fighting another league member.

I'm reminded of that dumb thread made by one poster, that complained Diana lifted a large rock that the other league members couldn't, it was a click bait article in a story that ultimately lasted 2 issues and was a filler.

I know she's evil but I don't enjoy her for her personality, I mean as in even Marvel will casually hype up Power Princess as a serious powerhouse because they can and it seems like they put their money where their mouth is. I read Jane Thor and was like "wow this could have been casual Diana from day one", instead we get writers like Fontana, Robinson, GWW, and Tamaki that have her over shadowed and keep her at just about mid tier and don't give her serious challenges in villains. It's like your writing the premiere female hero, some one with all the power of Superman, I mean she's basically Captain America and Thor combined but way faster, and think about how boring the stories were and how limited she felt as a powerhouse.

Yeah those are impressive things, back in post-crisis she was handled somewhat well, Nu52 is a shadow of that form. Heck, I posted a RESPECT thread to show off what she use to be capable of. I mean you compare her moments with the list of frankly more consistent things other powerhouses have done and it's laughable, people call her "scaling woman" because she's incapable of doing those things on her own. She's always just measured up to someone else, her villains are usually lack luster in other books... actually even her own sometimes, and she doesn't really get to show her power without fighting another league member.

I'm reminded of that dumb thread made by one poster, that complained Diana lifted a large rock that the other league members couldn't, it was a click bait article in a story that ultimately lasted 2 issues and was a filler.
    I edited that quote from earlier with some other stuff she's done as well.

I mean, I understand the frustration. Personally I'm not really upset about where she's at right now. I don't read much silver or bronze age comics, but in golden age just like every other hero, her power changed depending on the story.

One issue she can lasso the sun, the next issue she's calling a gorilla a tough opponent. She can run incredibly fast but can't catch Pricilla Rich.

It happened all the time in Post-Crisis too.

This isn't a Wonder Woman only situation either, it's every hero. Their powers have always been what is needed for the story.

(And a lot of heroes were a shadow of themselves in Nu52, but that's all in the past now.)

Plus Wonder Woman just defeated the most over-hyped villain that even fans of him were getting annoyed of, saved the multiverse, and got complimented by the Hands for how amazing she is... I'm not upset by that at all. And they say she's "ascended" which we still have yet to learn what that means exactly.

And I don't want people to take me liking where she's at right now (not counting her temporary Asgard nerf) it as me not wanting her to be able to do super powerful things, but, IDK, I see character change a lot in terms of power and I'm not going to get bogged down by it when I know she'll so something cool again.

As for Power Princess, she's part of a reality warping event so her "taking out the KiB" is going to be undone anyway. If she ever really did it at all.

Thing that got me about that JL story was no one, outside of WW circles, having a problem with the Amazons being portrayed as a bunch of man-haters again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Thing that got me about that JL story was no one, outside of WW circles, having a problem with the Amazons being portrayed as a bunch of man-haters again.
    Oh yeah, Love how people ignore that part but made a fuss about Diana lifting a rock.