Page 28 of 345 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I edited that quote from earlier with some other stuff she's done as well.

I mean, I understand the frustration. Personally I'm not really upset about where she's at right now. I don't read much silver or bronze age comics, but in golden age just like every other hero, her power changed depending on the story.

One issue she can lasso the sun, the next issue she's calling a gorilla a tough opponent. She can run incredibly fast but can't catch Pricilla Rich.

It happened all the time in Post-Crisis too.

This isn't a Wonder Woman only situation either, it's every hero. Their powers have always been what is needed for the story.

(And a lot of heroes were a shadow of themselves in Nu52, but that's all in the past now.)

Plus Wonder Woman just defeated the most over-hyped villain that even fans of him were getting annoyed of, saved the multiverse, and got complimented by the Hands for how amazing she is... I'm not upset by that at all. And they say she's "ascended" which we still have yet to learn what that means exactly.

And I don't want people to take me liking where she's at right now (not counting her temporary Asgard nerf) it as me not wanting her to be able to do super powerful things, but, IDK, I see character change a lot in terms of power and I'm not going to get bogged down by it when I know she'll so something cool again.

As for Power Princess, she's part of a reality warping event so her "taking out the KiB" is going to be undone anyway. If she ever really did it at all.
    But in WW's case. For the most part the stories of the last years basically need her fighting street levelers in many of the stories of her own book. And that is not a good look. Other powerhouses have not had it as bad as her in the last years. So it is about time to step up the game and be more consistent. Reading the adventures of a so called Goddess should feel epic and powerful. It shouldn't look like i'm reading spiderman or just a super human warrior woman out of all the countless that exist in that river.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 04-28-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I wish that New52 E2 WW was able to get fleshed out a bit more. I liked that she was the first superhero, the gods designs were good.

Incredible Member

With DC Fandome II being announced, I have some hopes for the DCEU/HBO Max Wonderverse.

1. I hope we get confirmation of the Amazons movie. I'd rather it be a movie. I also hope Nubia can play a major role. (I wouldn't expect this at Fandome but I hope the Valkyries are the major villains).

2. I hope we get the announcement of an HBO Max Wonder Woman Animated series set in the present-day.

3. I hope we get an announcement that HBO Max picked up the Wonder Girl series starring Yara Flor with a 10-episode season.

Do you have any hopes - no matter how far-fetched - for the Wonderverse at Fandome.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    With DC Fandome II being announced, I have some hopes for the DCEU/HBO Max Wonderverse.

1. I hope we get confirmation of the Amazons movie. I'd rather it be a movie. I also hope Nubia can play a major role. (I wouldn't expect this at Fandome but I hope the Valkyries are the major villains).

2. I hope we get the announcement of an HBO Max Wonder Woman Animated series set in the present-day.

3. I hope we get an announcement that HBO Max picked up the Wonder Girl series starring Yara Flor with a 10-episode season.

Do you have any hopes - no matter how far-fetched - for the Wonderverse at Fandome.
    I too hope for all of these things. Also a release year for WW3 would be nice.

But I am most doubtful about the animated series one, because WB is really weird about having the main character of a tv show also be the main character in one of there movies. And I don't know why.

But the Amazons movie, please DC pleeeeeese.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-28-2021 at 12:55 PM.

I imagine there will be something as part of the 80th Anniversary "Believe in Wonder" campaign since it will be in October (the same month as Diana's debut).

Probably another panel like the last one had with some WW young adult authors and the other one that had Carter, Jenkins, and Gadot.

Man that Wonder Girl tv series would be so good. Still pissed off that they passed on the script. It was always a surprising that they considered a tv show for a character that hadn't even appeared yet, but it had so much potential.

I don't think we'll get a Wonder Woman animated show, but I could picture an animated show or movie about Justice League Dark, with Diana as the lead alongside Zatanna. Inspired by Tynion's run.

Above all else though, I just want a fresh new take on Holliday Girls and classic Etta. There is so much potential there to create a fanbase centered around that dynamic. Lot's of people that don't like superhero shows would be totally into Etta Candy and the Holliday Girls if DC just gave them a chance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Man that Wonder Girl tv series would be so good. Still pissed off that they passed on the script. It was always a surprising that they considered a tv show for a character that hadn't even appeared yet, but it had so much potential.

I don't think we'll get a Wonder Woman animated show, but I could picture an animated show or movie about Justice League Dark, with Diana as the lead alongside Zatanna. Inspired by Tynion's run.

Above all else though, I just want a fresh new take on Holliday Girls and classic Etta. There is so much potential there to create a fanbase centered around that dynamic. Lot's of people that don't like superhero shows would be totally into Etta Candy and the Holliday Girls if DC just gave them a chance.
    Do you imagine this being a limited musical-comedy series? Just wondering what you're thinking, and that was the first thing that came to mind. If this is an HBO Max show, I could see Oscar Winner Jennifer Hudson as Etta Candy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I imagine there will be something as part of the 80th Anniversary "Believe in Wonder" campaign since it will be in October (the same month as Diana's debut).

Probably another panel like the last one had with some WW young adult authors and the other one that had Carter, Jenkins, and Gadot.
    I didn't really think about books because they would easily get overshadowed by the movies, tvs shows, and video games. However, then I realize there is a book anouncement that could still get a ton of coverage:

A young-adult-themed series written by Stephenie Meyer about the Diana/Steve/Barbara Minerva dynamics. I could see that being as big as Twilght.

I didn't really think about books because they would easily get overshadowed by the movies, tvs shows, and video games. However, then I realize there is a book anouncement that could still get a ton of coverage:

A young-adult-themed series written by Stephenie Meyer about the Diana/Steve/Barbara Minerva dynamics. I could see that being as big as Twilght.
    "Hold on tight spider-monkey."

Wait, would Steve be the Bella or the Edward in this situation?
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-28-2021 at 01:57 PM.

"Hold on tight spider-monkey."

Wait, would Steve be the Bella or the Edward in this situation?
    Yes.

(10 characters)
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yes.

(10 characters)
    Oh, so it's that kind of love triangle.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Let us pray. Id be in heaven if even 2 of those things came to fruition.

Incredible Member

Oh, so it's that kind of love triangle.

Diana is the Bella. Steve is the Edward. Barbara is the Jacob. The Team Diana/Steve vs. Team Diana/Barbara fights on social media would shut all the services down. lol

Do you imagine this being a limited musical-comedy series? Just wondering what you're thinking, and that was the first thing that came to mind. If this is an HBO Max show, I could see Oscar Winner Jennifer Hudson as Etta Candy.
    I'm not a fan of Etta Candy having brown skin. Etta was supposed to be a fat joke that was somehow trully empowering, and it's weird, but it worked. It's a weird line to walk, but it works. But when you portray her as an african american you start to talk an even more dangerous line of creating a double stereotype and trying to make it empowering.

I picture a Melissa Mccarthy as Etta Candy. Not so much her recent efforts, but her at the prime of her career. As Sookie in Gilmore Girls and later on in Bridesmaids. Almost like a female Jack Black but even more adorable, demented and feisty.

Seriously, every single line that Melissa Mccarthy has in Bridesmaids is perfect for Etta Candy, and would be even better if she had a Diana to play off of, like an Alicia Keys type.