Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Does anyone think the Netflix release of Blood of Zeus or the success of Harley Quinn Animated Series has at least started discussions of a Wonder Woma Animated Series? Obviously, I don't ask anyone to have a serious answer to that, but I did wonder if you think these releases show WB that there could be a substantial market for a WWAS.

If so, I would actually love a season one (of say 12-15 commercial-free 30-minute episodes) based on Rucka's Year One. I think some changes I would make is Dr. Barbara Ann works at the Smithsonian with Etta who is a lawyer. Steve could still be a soldier at Argus (with Sasha as his boss), and Diana gets a position at the Smithsonian, as well.

I would also have it be the real Ares as her big bad, but Dr. Poison, Paula (as the leader of Team Sear), Max Lord (as the non-META head of a weapons development and manufacturing company), Duke Deception (with Reality Warping powers) and Giganta as the rogues for her first season. (Dr. Psycho,Dr. Cyber, Circe and their travels to the cursed land of Urzkataga) could be added to her rogues for season 2.

With the need for content for HBO Max, the long delay of Wonder Woman1984, the enthusiastic fan reaction to Yara that shows that the Wonder mythos has a large fanbase starving for content, and the fact that animation has always been a strong suit for DC, I'm hoping discussions of a WWAS with Patty Jenkins as a producer/executive (and Gal Gadot, too, but not required) are in serious considerations right now.

The current run is so boring and unremarkable, it makes me want to cry. No Wonder Rogues, Max Lord is Diana's sidekick instead of Etta, Artemis or the Wonder Girls...It just doesn't feel like Wonder Woman to me, you can replace Diana with any street level hero and there won't be much difference. And the fact that the art changes every two issues doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The current run is so boring and unremarkable, it makes me want to cry. No Wonder Rogues, Max Lord is Diana's sidekick instead of Etta, Artemis or the Wonder Girls...It just doesn't feel like Wonder Woman to me, you can replace Diana with any street level hero and there won't be much difference. And the fact that the art changes every two issues doesn't help either.
    Had to drop it mainly because I found it largely unmemorable but yeah this hasn't done Max any favors for those say he'd make a great WW supporting character/villain.

The constant art team changes got to me also, normally I don't let art changes get to me but I kind of wish the series would go back to monthly if it meant a more consistent artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Had to drop it mainly because I found it largely unmemorable but yeah this hasn't done Max any favors for those say he'd make a great WW supporting character/villain.

The constant art team changes got to me also, normally I don't let art changes get to me but I kind of wish the series would go back to monthly if it meant a more consistent artist.
    Seriously, thank god for Agent of Peace. The stories may not be great, but at least they feature her actual supporting characters/villains. What would I give for a permanent return of Sensation! Then at least if the main title is bad we'd have a second option.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Seriously, thank god for Agent of Peace. The stories may not be great, but at least they feature her actual supporting characters/villains. What would I give for a permanent return of Sensation! Then at least if the main title is bad we'd have a second option.
    Yeah, that's the thing for the most part with WW. If the main title ain't doing it for you, that's what you're largely stuck with. Cause it ain't like she'll be done better in Justice League or something

I think the non-Connor/Palmiotti issus of AoP have been generally decent though I'm just happy there's a digital series for WW so she isn't stuck appearing in lame series like the Injustice or DCeased on that front.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-29-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Going by spoilers for WW84. spoilers:
    Max may not even remain a villain up until the end of the movie which makes this hamfisted synergy even more pointless.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

A bad story in a lackluster run doesn't prove Maxwell Lord is a bad villain. If anything, I'd argue Tamaki's first two issues, which were also her strongest, show the dynamic Diana and Max should have with each other. His very presence should push Diana to the limits of her compassion and forgiveness, which I do think the first 2 issues did well.

I would love a story that truly showed Lord's dynamic with Diana, Steve and Etta. Just because this story isn't it doesn't mean that story doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    A bad story in a lackluster run doesn't prove Maxwell Lord is a bad villain. If anything, I'd argue Tamaki's first two issues, which were also her strongest, show the dynamic Diana and Max should have with each other. His very presence should push Diana to the limits of her compassion and forgiveness, which I do think the first 2 issues did well.

I would love a story that truly showed Lord's dynamic with Diana, Steve and Etta. Just because this story isn't it doesn't mean that story doesn't exist.
    If a story comes along that's great and involves Lord then maybe I could be convinced but at the moment his biggest claim is a story in a buildup to an event that did Diana no favors and derailed her book for years.

Can't speak for others but even in WW'84. I'm only interested in him there because it's an actor I enjoy not because it's Max on the big screen like with Cheetah (or Poison and Ares from the first film).

I'm sorry, I would've put this on the controversial opinions thread but didn't want to change it's current great subject, so here it goes...the latest issue of WW was actually enjoyable. The dynamic between Diana and Max is an interesting one. Instead of "will they or won't they?" which is there too, foremost is wondering "will he or won't he betray Diana?". Their interactions were amusing but the twist ending was the kicker.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Honestly they need a higher profile creative team on this book, and structure an event focused on her. And I’m not talking about the Death Metal thing, which was just a sequel to a Batman event. Use her villains against other heroes, to make them better known to the wider DCU. Maybe a fight against some of Superman’s supernatural villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Honestly they need a higher profile creative team on this book, and structure an event focused on her. And I’m not talking about the Death Metal thing, which was just a sequel to a Batman event. Use her villains against other heroes, to make them better known to the wider DCU. Maybe a fight against some of Superman’s supernatural villains.
    I think the double-edged sword of a big name creative team is that may attract more interest but I guess I just don't get the sense many of the possible big names at DC seem to have any grasp of the character outside of the "haughty warrior woman".

I think the double-edged sword of a big name creative team is that may attract more interest but I guess I just don't get the sense many of the possible big names at DC seem to have any grasp of the character outside of the "haughty warrior woman".
    With her success on Captain Marvel, and the film, plus doing the Black Label book, Kelly Sue would be perfect on this book. I’d love if DC could scoop up Carmen Carnero, Silva, or Larraz for this book. I’d really like Carmen be given a chance. Her CM is absolutely amazing to me.

Maybe tap Jimenez to co-write until the new writer had a real grasp on who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    With her success on Captain Marvel, and the film, plus doing the Black Label book, Kelly Sue would be perfect on this book. I’d love if DC could scoop up Carmen Carnero, Silva, or Larraz for this book. I’d really like Carmen be given a chance. Her CM is absolutely amazing to me.
    Haven’t read any of DeConnick’s works but have heard good things about Aquaman and interviews she and Jimenez have given for Historia do make me interested in what she’d do with Diana.

Kind of a longshot but given she’s working with DC again in some capacity, I’d be interested in Renae DeLiz on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

Max Lord was a fantastic villain Pre-Flashpoint. Unfortunately he got Doomsday'd during the New 52 debacle and is just around. It is not likely he will reach the level of epic-ness from the COUNTDOWN reveal through the end of OMAC PROJECT. The best use I have seen since that time was the crossover between the League and the Suicide Squad

Haven’t read any of DeConnick’s works but have heard good things about Aquaman and interviews she and Jimenez have given for Historia do make me interested in what she’d do with Diana.

Kind of a longshot but given she’s working with DC again in some capacity, I’d be interested in Renae DeLiz on the book.
    Ooh. I didn’t even think about DeLiz.