Page 4 of 334 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Does anyone think the Netflix release of Blood of Zeus or the success of Harley Quinn Animated Series has at least started discussions of a Wonder Woma Animated Series? Obviously, I don't ask anyone to have a serious answer to that, but I did wonder if you think these releases show WB that there could be a substantial market for a WWAS.

If so, I would actually love a season one (of say 12-15 commercial-free 30-minute episodes) based on Rucka's Year One. I think some changes I would make is Dr. Barbara Ann works at the Smithsonian with Etta who is a lawyer. Steve could still be a soldier at Argus (with Sasha as his boss), and Diana gets a position at the Smithsonian, as well.

I would also have it be the real Ares as her big bad, but Dr. Poison, Paula (as the leader of Team Sear), Max Lord (as the non-META head of a weapons development and manufacturing company), Duke Deception (with Reality Warping powers) and Giganta as the rogues for her first season. (Dr. Psycho,Dr. Cyber, Circe and their travels to the cursed land of Urzkataga) could be added to her rogues for season 2.

With the need for content for HBO Max, the long delay of Wonder Woman1984, the enthusiastic fan reaction to Yara that shows that the Wonder mythos has a large fanbase starving for content, and the fact that animation has always been a strong suit for DC, I'm hoping discussions of a WWAS with Patty Jenkins as a producer/executive (and Gal Gadot, too, but not required) are in serious considerations right now.
    Personally, I think if they go for an animated series, it would be better for them to use the clay origin if only to differentiate themselves from Blood of Zeus and that percy Jackson series that's in the works.

I hope they make an animated movie out of the Hiketeia and League of One.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Personally, I think if they go for an animated series, it would be better for them to use the clay origin if only to differentiate themselves from Blood of Zeus and that percy Jackson series that's in the works.

I imagine if they if ever make another animated movie it'd have the rest of the League in it since that'll probably make it sell better, so I could see something like A League of One.

I think War of the Gods could make a good a basis for a film, sort of like Under of the Red Hood where they take an important but not very good story and the streamlining adaptation process could get something good out of it.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-03-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

For an animated series, if they go with a clay origin a lot of people who watch dceu movies are going to be so confused. saying "hold up I thought she was Zeus's daughter?!??"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    For an animated series, if they go with a clay origin a lot of people who watch dceu movies are going to be so confused. saying "hold up I thought she was Zeus's daughter?!??"
    Would it particularly relevant to every episode? Not like B:TAS or S:TAS showed the Waynes getting shot or Krypton exploding every episode.

I don't think people would expect them to be in the same continuity.

Also curious - for an animated series, are people thinking a series for adults or a series for kids? Media can absolutely be made to target kids that adults also like (see many Disney and Pixar movies), but I'm just curious as the the mindset here. Also, if for children, then targeting what age - 4-6 year olds or 8-10 year olds or what?

Adaptations have deviated from each other before. They'll just see it as another version and if the show fails the difference itself won't be the reason.

I just want an animated series like Batman's or Superman's. One that can be enjoyed by kids but with stories sophisticated enough for adults.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I just want an animated series like Batman's or Superman's. One that can be enjoyed by kids but with stories sophisticated enough for adults.
    Agreed. I see it being similar to X-Men TAS or Batman TAS. Stories children can enjoy but with themes that are universal, regardless of age. I would love Patty Jenkins to somehow be involved because I do greatly appreciate and agree with her interpretation of Wonder Woman. I would love it if 2021 could at least announce the development of such a project. The world truly loves Wonder Woman, as evidenced in 2017, and I think now would be a great time to not only get people to love Diana but her world, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't think people would expect them to be in the same continuity.

Also curious - for an animated series, are people thinking a series for adults or a series for kids? Media can absolutely be made to target kids that adults also like (see many Disney and Pixar movies), but I'm just curious as the the mindset here. Also, if for children, then targeting what age - 4-6 year olds or 8-10 year olds or what?
    Whatever the age range was for shows B:TAS or GL:TAS.

I'd just hope a show would distill a lot of good WW runs like B:TAS or Spectacular Spider-Man did.

I just read Spirit of Truth for the first time, and oh my, I am in love with the art. I think I might read it again tomorrow! There were so many pages where I really wanted it on my wall.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

The art is the only good thing about Spirit of Truth.

DC Cancels Wonder Woman 1984 Variants, Rebrands Them as 80th Anniversary Covers for 2021

https://www.cbr.com/dc-cancels-wonde...ry-cover-2021/

Incredible Member

I was thinking how great it would be if we could get a Villainy Inc. vs. Wonder Woman graphic novel for the 80th Anniversary. I don't know who I would want to write it, but I'm thinking Renea de Liz or Marguerite Bennett. I would love for Nicola Scott, Liam Sharpe, or Jason Fabok. It could be set in its own universe and have Steve and Etta as supporting cast.

The new editor-in-chief of DC, Marie Javins, apparently grew up a fan reading Wonder Woman and Nubia. Hopefully the means better treatment and more opportunities for WW going forward than under the previous EiCs.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The new editor-in-chief of DC, Marie Javins, apparently grew up a fan reading Wonder Woman and Nubia. Hopefully the means better treatment and more opportunities for WW going forward than under the previous EiCs.
    Yes, good for her in general and hopefully it leads to some positive changes. But this in particular is very hopeful for Wonder Woman