Page 44 of 342 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Looks like WW will be the focus in the Justice League Infinity issue #4 in October.

Writers: J.M. DEMATTEIS and JAMES TUCKER
    Artist: ETHEN BEAVERS
    Cover: JAMES STOKOE
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 7

After being whisked across the Multiverse, Wonder Woman finds herself trapped on a desolate and barren planet with the last person she’d ever expect to find: DARKSEID! What does the former ruler of Apokolips want with the Amazonian warrior? And what lurks in the shadows of this devastated world?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks like WW will be the focus in the Justice League Infinity issue #4 in October.
    sounds interesting. I know Darksied is like the "big bad" of the Justice League but whatever he's involved its usually about Diana's Gods not her so.... not holding my breath.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    sounds interesting. I know Darksied is like the "big bad" of the Justice League but whatever he's involved its usually about Diana's Gods not her so.... not holding my breath.
    Outside of Hades, Hermes, and Ares I don't think any of the Olympians showed up in JL/JLU so I imagine it will just be on them. I read the first issue and I thought it was alright for what it is even if they had to include the obligatory eye-rolling Batman/WW scene but I have a bit more faith in DeMatties and Tucker on WW than I did the original DCAU crew.

Outside of Hades, Hermes, and Ares I don't think any of the Olympians showed up in JL/JLU so I imagine it will just be on them. I read the first issue and I thought it was alright for what it is even if they had to include the obligatory eye-rolling Batman/WW scene but I have a bit more faith in DeMatties and Tucker on WW than I did the original DCAU crew.
    Hephaestus was in the episode Ares appeared in.

By Ejikure for DC vs Vampires

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    By Ejikure for DC vs Vampires

The shield and that annoying clown make the cover awful.

Gotta give a thumbs down to Diana being in the same vicinity as Harley that doesn't involve Quinn behind bars.

With Wonder Woman's 80th on the way, I ran a few numbers.

The first instance of Diana flying in any capacity was in 1958 where she glided on air currents, and that remained a recurring ability until 1987 when outright flight became one of her powers in the Post Crisis reboot.

So, here's some math: Wonder Woman has been flying in some way, shape or form for 63 of her 80 years of existence. That's 78.75%
    Now, if you want to be semantic and discount the air-gliding--personally, I wouldn't; it's still flying for all intents and purposes--then she's been flying for 34 years (42.5%)

So even if you don't count gliding on air, she's been flying for almost half of her existence. And if you do count it, nearly 80%.
    To put it another way, unless you're over 63 years old, Wonder Woman has been defying gravity in some capacity since before you were born.

Just some numbers to throw around if/when someone ponders, "Since when can Wonder Woman fly?" And those numbers are only going to get bigger.

Diana in 1958:

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The shield and that annoying clown make the cover awful.
    Also the unnecessary cape .

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Also the unnecessary cape .
    I thought vampires were known for having capes?

Amazon pre-order page for the 80 Years of Wonder Woman collection is up. Doesn’t specify what issues yet beyond just listing Perez and Jimenez as contributors.
    Gal Gadot, Lynda Carter, Patty Jenkins, and Trina Robbins will contributing to the essay sections of the collection.

Gal Gadot, Lynda Carter, Patty Jenkins, and Trina Robbins will contributing to the essay sections of the collection.
    For 80 years Wonder Woman has stood as a symbol of truth, justice, and equality to people everywhere! Follow along in this incredible collection as the Amazon Warrior fights for justice—starting from the first appearance of Wonder Woman through some of her most incredible battles against foes like the Cheetah and Ares.
    This anniversary hardcover collects stories from All-Star Comics #8, Sensation Comics, #1, Comic Cavalcade #11, Wonder Woman (vol. 1) #5, #78, #98, #124, #162, #203, and #206, Wonder Woman (vol. 2) #6, #57, #73, and #170, Wonder Woman (vol. 3) #1, #13, #600, Wonder Woman (New 52) #13, Wonder Woman #750, and DC Comics Presents #41, along with new historical essays and a new cover by Jim Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    For 80 years Wonder Woman has stood as a symbol of truth, justice, and equality to people everywhere! Follow along in this incredible collection as the Amazon Warrior fights for justice—starting from the first appearance of Wonder Woman through some of her most incredible battles against foes like the Cheetah and Ares.
    This anniversary hardcover collects stories from All-Star Comics #8, Sensation Comics, #1, Comic Cavalcade #11, Wonder Woman (vol. 1) #5, #78, #98, #124, #162, #203, and #206, Wonder Woman (vol. 2) #6, #57, #73, and #170, Wonder Woman (vol. 3) #1, #13, #600, Wonder Woman (New 52) #13, Wonder Woman #750, and DC Comics Presents #41, along with new historical essays and a new cover by Jim Lee.
    Am I the only one who not-so-secretly prays that the powers that be drop this bomb on us the day of her 80th anniversary?: "On this wonderful day of celebratory pride, DC Comics can finally reveal that Warner Entertainment/Warner. Bros Television Studios has fasttracked the very first solo animated TV series starring our beloved amazing amazon: The Sensational Adventures of Wonder Woman" will star Diana of Themyscira and feature several of her fantastic cast of characters like Etta Candy, Hippolyta, Nubia, Donna Troy, Steve Trevor, as well as a pulse-pounding line up of her iconic villains like Ares, Cheetah, Circe, Silver Swan, Queen Clea, Dr. Poison and Angle Man (among others!!!)"

I can dream!!!!
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 07-20-2021 at 08:14 PM.

If they announce a show and knowing WW's luck, they will most likely do a series where she is the daughter of Zeus, has to abandon her culture in order to run away with Steve who teaches her love and compassion, the Amazons are weak, xenophobic man haters, WW has sex with a possessed man, her villains will be depicted poorly or not at all, the actress keeps getting into controversies by pposting dumb stuff on social media, casual audiences will be left scratching their heads wondering why WW is such a big deal ('she left her island for her a man!') while those of us familiar with the character will be stuck bickering on the side lines.